ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Round 1

vmax

Papa where are all of his throwing yards and tds coming from then? If he can’t throw

It was college. They don't all translate to the NFL.

Ryan Leaf

Passing Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate 1995 Washington State Pac-10 QB 9 52 97 53.6 654 6.7 7.1 4 1 121.8 1996 Washington State Pac-10 QB 11 194 373 52.0 2811 7.5 7.2 21 12 127.5 *1997 Washington State Pac-10 QB 12 227 410 55.4 3968 9.7 10.1 34 11 158.7 Career Washington State 473 880 53.8 7433 8.4 8.6 59 24 141.4

So you are saying Ryan translated?

Great first round.

They got the best TE and best QB in the draft.

And yea...it costs a little extra to get that.

What have we been crying for the last few years?

Playmakers!

Got 2.

At the moment they have receivers.

But no sure handed break away TE.

Problem solved. 1st day starter.

They have a decent stable of RB's.

Now Joe has options everywhere.

No excuses.

And Lamar is a strong message.

He's also insurance if Joe's knees or back flair up. This season won't be over.

If Joe stays healthy, then great. Lamar has a year to learn and grow.

Lamar is not a run first guy. He's a pocket passer first and when nothing is there then he looks to keep the play alive and when opportunity presents itself...then he runs.......and he played in a complicated offense.

He's got swag and will be exciting to watch and will be great in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

I’m not saying anything about anyone but jackson. Jackson and leaf are completely different qbs. And I Won’t say he doesn’t translate until he is given ample opportunity and actually see that he doesn’t translate.

You do understand why the evaluate players before they draft them? Then why not draft some monster D3 QB in the first round bc he must be great. He has great numbers. He will get here and time will tell if he is any good or not.

In Swain’s 42 years of coaching Florida high school football, Jackson was the best player he ever saw.

“I used to call him my own, personal video game,” he said. “Because humans just don’t do that stuff.”

“As soon as I saw his name move across the board, I was like, 'Man, what he did at Louisville, he's going to bring it here, and what I did at South Carolina, I'm going bring that here as well.' ” Hurst said.

After doing some more reading about Lamar, it's clear he wants to pass first unless it's a designed running play.

Hey, guys, if nothing else, there's now a lot to look forward to this season. Hopefully, it all pans out.

The Ravens have the coaching staff to develop their new prize.

Mornhinweg and Urban groomed dual-threat quarterbacks in Philadelphia with Michael Vick (who Jackson has modeled his game after) and Donovan McNabb. Both went to Pro Bowls during their time with the Eagles. Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach Greg Roman was Colin Kaepernick’s coach in San Francisco when he went to Super Bowl XLVII.

“The first thing, much like I did with Mike [Vick], is [teach] playing the quarterback position,” Mornhinweg said. “It’s playing the quarterback position like we play the quarterback position here. That’s first.”

So what’s that mean?

“Footwork. How we go about the footwork, the base … all those things that we’ll work on from Day 1 both pre-practice and post-practice,” Mornhinweg said.

“We’re focused on Lamar playing the quarterback position,” Urban said. “There’s a way that we go about that and it’s systematic. Develop the skills for that position at a very high level in the National Football League."

Jackson played in a pro-style offense at Louisville, so he can make the reads and all the throws. He has plenty of arm strength. However, he can sometimes throw from too upright of a stance in the pocket, and his scrambling can lead to off-balance passes.

"Yes, there is some development [to make]," General Manager Ozzie Newsome said. "But every player that we take, regardless of position, needs some developing."

There’s no question Jackson is a special runner and playmaker, showing lateral agility to shake and speed (he said he runs a 4.3) to run away from any defender. If he can be groomed into a better pocket passer, he could turn out to be the best quarterback in this talented class...http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Coaches-Shed-Light-on-How-Theyll-Develop-Lamar-Jackson/f594dee4-20b4-4372-8798-b54e16431a1e

Oh Ye of Little Faith!

After doing some more reading about Lamar, it's clear he wants to pass first unless it's a designed running play.

Hey, guys, if nothing else, there's now a lot to look forward to this season. Hopefully, it all pans out.

I'm looking forward to the pre season games just because of Jackson. I love them anyway to follow the development of the roster but this adds a new dimension.

5-0!!! :gorave:

He made Mike Vick a decent QB...I'll take it

That is a bit of fake news. Vick had one good season with Phili, after that he was back to a 50% completion, 12 td-10 pick quarterback.

Is that what you want for a 1st round multi pick quarterback? Don't we have that now?

That is a bit of fake news. Vick had one good season with Phili, after that he was back to a 50% completion, 12 td-10 pick quarterback.

Is that what you want for a 1st round multi pick quarterback? Don't we have that now?

Vick did not commit to knowing the playbook or to practicing and technique. He thought his natural abilities were enough.

Jackson is the opposite.

Round 1, No. 25 overall: Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

My take: The Ravens were able to address their biggest need and get the highest-rated tight end while acquiring additional picks in the third and fourth rounds. Hurst can be a difference-maker for Baltimore because Joe Flacco loves throwing to tight ends, whether it's Todd Heap or Dennis Pitta or even 37-year-old Benjamin Watson (who led Baltimore in receptions this past season). Since entering the NFL in 2008, Flacco has targeted tight ends on 1,090 passes. Only Drew Brees, Philip Rivers and Tom Brady have thrown more to tight ends. While Hurst's stats are underwhelming (three career touchdowns), he is a mismatch for linebackers as well as some safeties and is sure-handed. What really impressed the Ravens is his ability to run after the catch. Hurst can be an immediate playmaker for the NFL's No. 29 passing attack.....http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/44784/baltimore-ravens-2018-draft-analysis-for-every-selection

What was their eval of Max Williams pre draft........

I never understood that selection. It looked like he could find the soft open spot and was hard to bring down.

Here's a RAVENS STAT:

How he fits: No team loves using tight ends more than Baltimore. Last season, the Ravens ran an NFL-high 583 plays with two or more tight ends. That was 136 more than any other team in the league. This explains why Baltimore drafted Andrews in addition to Hurst. While Hurst is considered a better blocker, Andrews is the more accomplished pass-catcher. Andrews has been described a big slot receiver. He does a great job of locating soft spots in zones and uses his size as a mismatch for defensive backs when he flexes out. Ravens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta said Andrews reminds him of former Baltimore tight end Dennis Pitta. "He's a guy with linear body who runs well and has very good hands," DeCosta said. "He makes the tough catch and is a very smart player."

Edited by vmax

He made Mike Vick a decent QB...I'll take it

As soon as teams realized they only had to take one side of the field away Vick was garbage.

Vick did not commit to knowing the playbook or to practicing and technique. He thought his natural abilities were enough.

Jackson is the opposite.

Where did you get that one? I have never heard he never tried.