ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

another young player retires-A.J Tarpley

tsylvester

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/08/sports/football/aj-tarpley-buffalo-bills-retires-concussion.html?_r=0&referer=

Says after his 4th concussion, enough is enough going forward. He signed as an undrafted free agent, 3 years $1.575 mil deal.

I can't say I blame these guys, shoot I had four concussions in highschool and never missed a game, let a lone a snap. Three more since then and at 50, I forget things just by leaving a room.

• Upvote 1

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/08/sports/football/aj-tarpley-buffalo-bills-retires-concussion.html?_r=0&referer=

Says after his 4th concussion, enough is enough going forward. He signed as an undrafted free agent, 3 years $1.575 mil deal.

I can't say I blame these guys, shoot I had four concussions in highschool and never missed a game, let a lone a snap. Three more since then and at 50, I forget things just by leaving a room.

Then these kids better take their college education more seriously. Hope he didn't spend his 1.5 million in one spot.

I can see it now, we have guys abruptly retiring, we are going to have owners stop giving large guarantees.

Then these kids better take their college education more seriously. Hope he didn't spend his 1.5 million in one spot.

I can see it now, we have guys abruptly retiring, we are going to have owners stop giving large guarantees.

Nah, a player retires, the money is no longer guaranteed. People forget, it is only now, the past few years that high schools are tracking concussions. Most of the players in the game have had many more before even reaching college, they just either never knew the symptoms or did not care. It is not just football either, soccer, cheer leading (which actually leads in concussions) wrestling.....

You don't have to gt hit to get a concussion, the brain sits in liquid, go fast, stop fast, that brain goes boom against the skull.... Minor bruising to major bruising still equals concussion. Symptoms are slight to major, but usually always include a head ache to some degree.

The big question for doctors & researches is; how many concussions does it take for CTE to form?

• 1 month later...