ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice Supspended 2 Games

colincac

he sure was !!

and we all know damn well there is video of them in the elevator, it has already been reported there is.

true I heard she was going off on ray rice butt god damn is was just a month ago there was a girl who went off on JAY-Z in the elevator and he did nothing all on video

RAY RICE KNOCKED THE WOMAN OUT .

look at the video of ray " helping" dragging her , kicking her in the leg, great help!

Actually, if the reports are accurate, he hit her back, she lost her footing and hit the back of her head on the arm rail in the elevator, causing her to lose conscousness.... So whille he did hit her, and I defend him not on that issue, her being nocked out was accidental, if true. Since the comish only gave him two games and I am sure he saw the full video, I am guessing the reports are accurate.

The court had evidence. They didn't think it was worth a hanging.

Goodell had it....he felt the same way.

Maybe it was a "bad mistake in a drunken moment" and both parties are to blame.

I really don't know. Just guess work and speculation.

Based on Goodell's judgement and the courts, I can only read into it that whatever happened was not cool but not that horrible.

Based on Goodell's judgement and the courts, I can only read into it that whatever happened was not cool but not that horrible.

Goodell went light because he is eventually going to have to do something to Isray and if he hmered down on Rice he would have to do the same thing to Isray or be faced with the media going insane with double standards talk. He already let Haslem walk after a 92 million dollar judgement was hamded down due to him defrauding customers.

I lean toward this conclusion.

Goodell went light because he is eventually going to have to do something to Isray and if he hmered down on Rice he would have to do the same thing to Isray or be faced with the media going insane with double standards talk. He already let Haslem walk after a 92 million dollar judgement was hamded down due to him defrauding customers.

You will be surprised on how light he goes on Irsay, Irsay has to appear before a grand jury to testify in a divorce hearing.And if you think the other 31 owners are not puckered up because that group has secrets, and if those secrets get out, oh boy this could get worse then Sterling,

Someone already did and it wasn't enough to warrant a conviction.

..................... did not warrant an attempt to get a conviction.

Most first simple assault cases would be handled the same way. Rice admitted he hit her to the cops. That would have been admissible in court and with the video and that admission he would have been convicted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/26/report-impassioned-plea-from-rices-wife-influenced-goodell/

Report: “Impassioned plea” from Rice’s wife influenced Goodell

No one knows what the wife of Ray Rice said to the Commissioner when she accompanied the Ravens running back to New York for his personal-conduct policy session. Whatever it was, it apparently helped Rice get a lesser penalty than most believe he deserved.

According to Jonathan Lehman of the New York Post, Janay Palmer Rice made an “impassioned plea” to Commissioner Roger Goodell. Her words, whatever they were, reportedly were “instrumental” in the decision to suspend Ray only two games.

What she said isn’t known, and possibly will never be known (unless they have another press conference with no questions from the press). Peter King of TheMMQB.com has reported that Mrs. Rice “urged” Goodell to “not ruin Rice’s image and career” with the punishment. She also presumably apologized for her role in the incident that culminated in Rice knocking her out, given that she expressed that same sentiment during that press-conference-without-questions-from-the-press.

It’s all meaningless without seeing the video of the incident. While troubling footage of Rice dragging his fiancée-turned-wife out of an elevator quickly emerged after the February incident, the video of the punch has been zealously concealed. Our marginally-educated speculation is that the video shows aggression by Janay that could make the likes of Stephen A. Smith sympathize with the ultimate knockout blow, but that the video nevertheless is far more disturbing than what we’ve already seen, given that it ultimately shows Rice delivering an uppercut to a female and rendering her unconscious.

Until there is proof of a left hook on the woman that made her head bounce of the elevator wall, I believe the 2 game suspension was nothing but a save face move by the NFL.

so let me get this straight you believe he didnt hit her even though he said he did yet you believe two chicks who's stories just dont add up and Ben was arrested on either and wasn't even brought in for questioning. Wow the purple shades are dark with this one.

so let me get this straight you believe he didnt hit her even though he said he did yet you believe two chicks who's stories just dont add up and Ben was arrested on either and wasn't even brought in for questioning. Wow the purple shades are dark with this one.

No Steel you dont get it, We all know there is footage of what happened in the elevator...For Ray to only get a 2 game suspension means to me that the footage wasnt that damaging, in fact I dont believe anything happened. Like I said if there was footage of Ray landing a punch hard enough to knock someone out, regardless of female or male, he would have received a stiffer suspension.

As far as what Ben did, proof is in the pudding, he held an underage at bey in a mens room while the door was guarded..Lets not forget it wasnt the Oafs first accusation, it was his second in a span of a few months

You are debating the guy who wantingly ignores obvious comparisons all the time to fit a desired predetermined outcome.

and

debating a man who when he could

bitch slap and rape his wife if he desired because the law and catholic belief was for A WOMAN TO LOVE AND SERVE HER HUSBAND

I don't hold it against you cravn

it's a

CIVIL DISCUSSION NOT AN ARGUEMENT

maybe it's a little below the belt

butt hey

it's still involves sexuallity

if I said you had a nice body would you hold it against me?

Man, the Ray Rice case has become a real "tar baby" across the news, media, talk shows, etc.

The ramifications and implications are farther reaching than I think anyone, including Roger Goodell, might have anticipated.

As an objective Raven fan, I am becoming increasingly concerned over the matter and the distraction leading into a new season.

This is not good karma for a team that whiffed last year and is seeking player leadership, character and chemistry for this season.