ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Another one bites the dust in San Fran

tsylvester

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-suspends-49ers-wr-jerome-simpson-for-6-games/ar-CC18Zp?ocid=U142DHP

The NFL suspended San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday without pay for the first six games of the season for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy -- a penalty he hopes is his last after a rash of off-field issues have derailed his career.

The 49ers were aware of a likely suspension for Simpson for previous issues, but nothing that is known to have occurred since he joined the 49ers on a two-year deal as a free agent in March. San Francisco has made it clear he must continue to demonstrate positive behavior to remain in good standing with the team.

I get that, give the kid another chance, Aldon Smith was doing everything right too,,, oops...

Then this-

The 49ers have employed several players with legal problems in recent seasons, prompting CEO Jed York to say after the 2014 season ended that the team needed to be better. Excluding Simpson, San Francisco had 12 arrests involving seven different players since January 2012, most in the NFL.

"Our mission is very simple: the San Francisco 49ers win with class. We haven't won, and I don't think we've conducted ourselves with the level of class that I expect of our organization," York said then. "We've had off-the-field issues. That's going to happen in sports. The level that it's happened here is not unacceptable."

Stay classy.....

• Upvote 1