ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It's Not So Bad

deeshopper

As soon as Ravens fans started talking about the draft in October I thought, "Holy Shit! Only Browns fans do that!"

Let's hope this is a one year aberration, because the guys in the Ravens uniforms play like the Browns.

I hate this feeling, I hate dealing with the melting pot of fans in Florida that know I'm a Ravens fan and go out of their way to stop by and see me and remind me who they're fans of. 1st time in 20 years I've felt like this, even 1996 going 4-12 didn't feel this way, that was due to the joys of being back in the NFL.

Definitely very bad and the fact that the games have been close doesn't mean anything to me. That's the difference between teams that go to the playoffs and those that don't.

The games being close is a distraction, this team is really, really bad. If the coaches and front office people think; well, the games are close so this team must also be, then we are in for a decade of bad football....

• Upvote 1

I knew the Ravens were bad when I watched the exhibition season. It's a great way to gauge the depth of a team. With that said, I want to address our future. Let's start with the fact that the way this league is set up, that NO team (unless your'e the Pats) has winning seasons every single year. The Ravens inability to win is the direct result of picking almost last in the draft year after year for the last ten years. Actually, I am surprised how much success we have had over that time. Certainly attributable to this front office. I expect the Ravens to pick in the top ten for the first time in many years. I expect the front office to remarkably improve this team. I also expect many players to renegotiate their contracts, thus freeing up alot of money to attract some very good free agents. Look, this team has a documented tract of success and I fully expect it to continue. We have to stop all this doom and gloom. It might take a couple of years, but we will turn this around. Have faith in the team you are, no doubt, spoiled by it's success. The Baltimore Ravens will be back, sooner rather than later. Have some faith.

Spoiled by success? You realize the majority of the people on this board, in this thread are those old enough to remember the 96, 97, 98 seasons, vividly. We also remember the 2002, 2005, & 2007 seasons, very well.

We are also the ones who have been saying for the past few years, the drafts have been a bust, not just saying it this year. Most of us old timers also said this season was going to be a bust because of those poor drafts, unlike some others, cough, cough, you, who said this was a Super Bowl team just prior to the start of the season.....

Spoiled? Hardly, realists? yes, that is the ticket, we call it as we see it..... Fait weather fans need not apply here. Drafting at the bottom of the round is not a good excuse. This team drafted at the end of the draft many, many times and hit. They have made their money later in the draft and in undrafted players quite well.

It is not where you draft, it is how well you draft. Many first rouders, historically, have failed, not just on this team, but overall in the league...... Just because we question does not mean we lack "faith" in the organization. But yes, if changes are not made in the front office & or in the coaching/scouting staff, this team will stay below the Mendoza line.

Oh and by the way, this organization does have two Super Bowl wins, but 9 of the seasons (including this one) have been 500 or less. 11 of them have been 9 wins or more.

So how is it we could be spoiled?

It's all about the bottom line, Browns fans would sell their soul to the devil for playoff wins in each of six of the last seven seasons plus a Super Bowl. We definitely have serious holes, but there is such parity in the NFL that any team with a good QB is always one offseason away from competing.

I think we are spoiled in the sense that we expect to make the playoffs each year and win at least one game. Many fans would be happy with simply making the playoffs. It could be a lot worse for Ravens fans.

Spoiled by success? You realize the majority of the people on this board, in this thread are those old enough to remember the 96, 97, 98 seasons, vividly. We also remember the 2002, 2005, & 2007 seasons, very well.

We are also the ones who have been saying for the past few years, the drafts have been a bust, not just saying it this year. Most of us old timers also said this season was going to be a bust because of those poor drafts, unlike some others, cough, cough, you, who said this was a Super Bowl team just prior to the start of the season.....

Spoiled? Hardly, realists? yes, that is the ticket, we call it as we see it..... Fait weather fans need not apply here. Drafting at the bottom of the round is not a good excuse. This team drafted at the end of the draft many, many times and hit. They have made their money later in the draft and in undrafted players quite well.

It is not where you draft, it is how well you draft. Many first rouders, historically, have failed, not just on this team, but overall in the league...... Just because we question does not mean we lack "faith" in the organization. But yes, if changes are not made in the front office & or in the coaching/scouting staff, this team will stay below the Mendoza line.

Oh and by the way, this organization does have two Super Bowl wins, but 9 of the seasons (including this one) have been 500 or less. 11 of them have been 9 wins or more.

So how is it we could be spoiled?

For the life of me, I can not even imagine why anyone would be attacked for writing what I did. I really can't. First of all, you can exclude '96-'98. Craven was EXACTLY right when he said very few fans even cared what our record was back then because we were all so happy and content just to be back in the NFL. As far as me stating that I thought this was a super bowl team this year, so freakin' what? Many of us thought that. We were wrong, but you apparently love to point that out, don't you? It must make you feel like a real smart guy, huh? And then, you practically scream that I am wrong, that it is NOT because we draft close to last most years, but because it's all on Ozzie and co. It's morons like you (YES, MORON) that just love to hate on other people because their views are not in line with your perfection. Finally, you ask," so how is it we could be spoiled"? My answer is, "duh you freakin' idiot, 7 years with Joe and John, 5 playoff appearances, 3 AFC championship games, 1 superbowl victory! How's that answere for you?

How can we be spoiled? You're a real jerk off.