ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Camp Notes and Updates

vmax

It just wasn't just another practice at Baltimore Ravens training camp. Many players believe it was toughest practice they've ever had.

With a heat index of 110 degrees and 23 players missing practice, those who finished the 2-hour, 15-minute practice left the field feeling like they lost some pounds but gained some pride.

"In my three years here, that was probably the toughest practice that we've had," starting inside linebacker Zachary Orr said. "It's easy to get better when you first come out to camp. But these are the days when you really build your football team and get those calluses." "I look at it as a chance to get in even better shape," wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "Obviously, everybody knows I failed my conditioning test. But it makes me proud that I'm one of the guys still standing through the heat."..http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/29035/with-heat-index-of-110-ravens-endure-one-of-toughest-practices-in-their-history

I'm outside working most of the day and I can't imagine practicing in pads in this heat. I did it as a kid....once upon a time, long, long ago. :gorave:

Players did get a little reprieve for making it through the session, as Harbaugh put a little wager on the line at the end of practice. Harbaugh offered to give players the afternoon off from meetings if backup kicker Will Lutz drilled a 42-yard field goal, and the rookie nailed it.

Players then wanted to up the ante and also cancel Saturday’s walk-through, so Harbaugh bumped Lutz back to the 50-yard line to try the “double-or-nothing” field goal. He drilled it, and the entire team swarmed him to celebrate.

“Will Lutz is definitely the most popular guy,” Harbaugh said. “I’ll have to admit, there wasn’t a lot of rush pressure, for some reason.”.. :yeah: .http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/News-And-Notes-813-Ravens-Fight-Through-Hottest-Practice-Of-Year/7b9b9af5-3092-4277-9de1-227c19285d73
Edited by vmax

Moore getting deep against this secondary does not equal a deep threat...

IF he does the same in real games, I'll gladly correct my self..

Uh, that's not what was said. Harbaugh actually was quoted as saying that Moore has potential as a deep threat. Read before you criticize. Read before you criticize.

:bow:

The Baltimore Ravens linebacker leaped at the line to intercept quarterback Joe Flacco and returned it for a touchdown. It was a trademark interception for Suggs, who has jumped up and grabbed the ball out of the air so many times before.

To celebrate in typical Suggs fashion, he threw the ball to fans in the stands at the Under Armour Performance Center.

Coach John Harbaugh was standing next to defensive back Anthony Levine and said, "I guess he's back." He hopped into a defensive backs drill and flagged down a tennis ball hit downfield as well as cornerback Jimmy Smith. He then trash-talked with everyone from the offensive side of the ball to the officials on the sideline....http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/29171/john-harbaugh-after-terrell-suggs-interception-for-td-hes-back

Steve Smith passes his physical and the Ravens move up to #12 in ESPN's power rankings.

12. Baltimore Ravens

2015 record: 5-11
Post-draft ranking: No. 14

The Ravens won five games in 2007 and followed that with an 11-5 season. The Ravens won six games in 2005 and followed that with a 13-3 season. The Ravens don't stay down for long, so expect a big bounce back following their 5-11 2015 season...http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17319873/nfl-2016-preseason-power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-arizona-cardinals-top-new-england-patriots-behind

Bit by bit, it's coming together. :gorave:

Day 15...

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2016/08/17/ravens-training-camp-day-15-will-starters-play-at-indy-how-much

Edited by vmax

Not with this secondary. J Smith has loat a step and can't cover.... The others just can't recognise routes, the backers still bite on everything that moves leading them to get lost in coverage... Unless they can generate a pass rush with four, this could be another ugly season.

Time will tell.

Secondary will improve from last year. Several new guys who desperetly want those jobs, Coaches will put the right mix out there on the field. We are loaded at tight end and running backs. A couple of trades perhaps? We will see. I still think they go 12 - 4 and win the AFC central division. Ravens play alot of teams that are'nt so hot this year, until the last four final games. Then the real play like a Raven mentality will become all important. It will be once again, a happy time to be a Raven fan. It doesn;t get better than this my friends.

Let the leaves start a falling. HAPPY TIMES ARE HERE AGAIN!

^&$&!@%%$*& update....

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Before Breshad Perriman's two knee injuries, the biggest question surrounding the Baltimore Ravens wide receiver was his hands.

In his final college season, Perriman had nearly as many drops (eight) as touchdowns (nine) for Central Florida. His drop rate was 14 percent on 54 catchable targets.

But, in Perriman's limited practice time with the Ravens, that is no longer a concern.

"I think his hands and his concentration have even gotten better since he first got here," offensive coordinator Marc Trestman said. "He’s much more sure-handed -- not that he wasn't -- but he’s become even more sure-handed and I think that goes with confidence."

The Ravens believe they know what type of playmaker they have in Perriman. He's participated in offseason workouts in the spring the last two years before not completing a training camp practice in 2015 or 2016.

Perriman, who was activated off the physically unable to perform list Monday, has practiced for two straight days.

"The times we’ve seen Breshad out there, we’ve seen his speed and his ability to go downfield and make plays," Trestman said. "He just needs to go out and play and run routes and do it consistently. He just needs reps. He's got go-to speed and he has size to go with it. It’s a unique package."

Trestman was asked if Perriman looks faster with his haircut. Perriman said he lost about 4 pounds after removing his dreadlocks.

"That’s OK with me," Trestman said. "I think he looks good."....http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/29372/breshad-perriman-has-impressed-ravens-with-improved-hands

I'm happy for ^&$&!@%%$*&. I hope it continues. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can become a dynamic player for the Ravens this year.

But we still have 2 more weeks of practice to get through without any problems.

I'm happy for ^&$&!@%%$*&. I hope it continues. Keeping my fingers crossed that he can become a dynamic player for the Ravens this year.

But we still have 2 more weeks of practice to get through without any problems.

Dee, can we get Perriman, Breshad Perriman and all variations automatically replaced with *** he who shall not be named *** sorta like *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** is? 😄

I honestly didn't count on him being active this season, this is an added bonus if he's healthy.

If he's 100% then I'm thinking about drafting Flacco for my fantasy team "the Fools".

Joe will throw over 4,000 with Wallace, Aiken, Smith, Perriman,Butler and Moore....then throw in the TE's and RB's.

This Ravens offense just might shock the world. :gorave: