ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco-Rasta

Tornado700

I was going to do a similar break down with some more depth soon... Since drafting Flacco, how many other QBs have been drafted ( or otherwise came new to the league) that you would take over him?

Luck, Wilson,... I struggle much beyond that with anyone I'd say for sure. There are some other names close maybe like Dalton or Kaepernick before the last 1.5 seasons. Maybe a Stafford is close behind? Not sure.

The point: separate of money, in the seven years he been here, there are maybe four peers we'd even consider replacing him with if we had a do-over? It speaks simply to the struggle that is finding a decent qb.

That leads into the question of: how easily do you give up what you have, imperfect as it may be?

I know. I try to put memories of Scott Mitchell, Elvis Grback, Stoney Case, Tony Banks, and Kyle Boller behind me...way behind me.

• Upvote 1

Aw Booo Hooo. You made a dumb statement, got royally pounded for it and now you get wimpy by pulling the race card. You're below dispicable. Grow a set and learn to quit gracefully when you're so far behind.... dumbass tard.

I got pounded for what statement? Yeah, I'm pulling the race card on you. Everything you type here has racial connotations. Admit it, you won't be happy until the league is 100% black, including coaches and GM's. And you call me despicable. Rasta, you are a racist. Nobody here even likes you, exept one or two others. One other thing. I have called you out several times, so speaking of growing a pair........

Very similar stats between flacco and luck after their first 3 years in the league luck has a TD ratio to int at 2-1, Joe was right there at 1.9 to 1 TD to int. Now factor luck was a number 1 overall pick where Joe was 18th pick, so in their first three years we got the better bang for the buck and got to the AFC championship 2 of the 3 years.

Very similar stats between flacco and luck after their first 3 years in the league luck has a TD ratio to int at 2-1, Joe was right there at 1.9 to 1 TD to int. Now factor luck was a number 1 overall pick where Joe was 18th pick, so in their first three years we got the better bang for the buck and got to the AFC championship 2 of the 3 years.

But Joe had a more complete team than Luck has had. Luck is already carrying the colts.

10393875_10204753271543258_6701207219363

So Joe wins these games all by himself.

Never said that, Joe is the field leader of this team, and itotally disagree withyou on luck, his offence was in place, he has 2#1 wrs to throw at in Wayne and TY Hilton.

Wayne is HARDLY #1 anymore...TY left a TON of plays on the field...Luck just throws to him constantly.

Not denying Luck's talent.

But Joe had a more complete team than Luck has had. Luck is already carrying the colts. <------THIS LINE...

So Joe wins these games all by himself. <--- CONTRADICTS THIS LINE...

That is my very point. Joe is a system guy and Luck can carry a team. That chart infers that Joe has carried the team in the PO's.

Joe plays his part. I saw Joe lose games by doing dumb crap in the PO's.

1/18/09

Joe Flacco BAL 13 30 141 0

1/16/10

Joe Flacco BAL 20 35 189 0

1/15/11

Joe Flacco BAL 16 30 125 1 1

There are 3 games where Joe pretty much lost the game. He played piss poorly in these 3 games. Since he wins these game alone I guess he lost these games alone too.

That is my very point. Joe is a system guy and Luck can carry a team. That chart infers that Joe has carried the team in the PO's.

Joe is certainly more than a "system guy". Saying that he isn't Luck isn't saying a whole lot since very, VERY few are. Yes, he's inconsistent in the regular season. Yes, he struggled in the playoffs his first couple years in the league (not really unusual). He's been money in the postseason ever since though.

BTW...I'm a little tired of the "team game" point being said ad nauseam. That is the case with every single QB that has ever played this game. Peyton has never won a game by himself. Brady has never won a game by himself.

• Upvote 1

Joe is certainly more than a "system guy". Saying that he isn't Luck isn't saying a whole lot since very, VERY few are. Yes, he's inconsistent in the regular season. Yes, he struggled in the playoffs his first couple years in the league (not really unusual). He's been money in the postseason ever since though.

BTW...I'm a little tired of the "team game" point being said ad nauseam. That is the case with every single QB that has ever played this game. Peyton has never won a game by himself. Brady has never won a game by himself.

Then some people should stop pointing out that all Joe does is win. There are some QB's who can carry a team. Just like there are some RB's who can ie Peterson a couple of yrs ago. Megatron has carried Detroit. Thye are special players who deserve the lions share of the cap. If you have to do it via a system and nobody is carrying the team then everyone should make commensurate money.

If you don't think Joe and Luck should be compared then you should talk to Crav about that. He brought Andrew into the conversation.

Then some people should stop pointing out that all Joe does is win. There are some QB's who can carry a team. Just like there are some RB's who can ie Peterson a couple of yrs ago. Megatron has carried Detroit. Thye are special players who deserve the lions share of the cap. If you have to do it via a system and nobody is carrying the team then everyone should make commensurate money.

If you don't think Joe and Luck should be compared then you should talk to Crav about that. He brought Andrew into the conversation.

For the most part, people only bring up Joe's wins when his detractors bring up his stats. As far as players' compensation goes...players are worth what the market says they are worth.