ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Our Quarterbacks

oldno82

Not to add to the controversy but I'm beginning to wonder if the best qb on the team right now is...RGIII. He seems mobile, poised, accurate, and confident. It may be more important to keep him for next year at least to continue to mentor Lamar. Make Joe a post June 1 cut or trade?

Flacco gave us 10 mostly pretty good years and a championship but I fear he's becoming increasingly fragile as he ages. He's had significant injuries the last three seasons...knee, back, and now hip.

Great question.

RG# is not the best QB right now. Joe and Lamar are. Then RG3.

You keep RG3 if they let Joe go or.... find a better back up who compliments a Lamar offense. Lamar may not last 16+ games. Lamar and RG3 are similar QB's so that's a big plus to keep RG3.

The Ravens will have to design an offense for next year. They have 2 QB's with 2 different styles so somethings got to give.

You can't tell Lamar that he is the #2 guy for next season. That's like saying "We don't trust you. You're not good enough." That could ruin his head and attitude for as long as he's a Raven. It could split the locker room. We could have a whole season of QB controversy.

You can't sit Joe on the bench for a whole season given the money he makes.He'd pout and that would wreck his head and attitude.

Then there's the draft and free agency to consider. They need to acquire different players to build around for Lamar vs Joe.

One of them has to go.

Hopefully this will be easier to answer at the end of the season when we've seen a larger body of work on Lamar.

I'll say this....if they win Sunday then that's it for Joe.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/12/10/ravens-harbaugh-joe-flacco-robert-griffin-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

“I haven’t had the chance to sit down and talk with all of the parties involved,” said Harbaugh. “But, I think it stands to reason that if Joe is ready to go then he will be a part of the game plan. He is too good of a player not to be. We’ll figure that out as we go throughout this week to what degree and how it works. Everybody will know going in, perhaps except for everybody outside (the organization). We’ll see if I change my mind on that.”

Good Harbs will work his way out of town.

I didn't say all that I just don't see how it benefits the team to give Joe snaps here or there. Joe wants to be the starter, it's not going to pacify him to split carries with Lamar. And if you split carries between Lamar and Joe you're just messing with the rhythm of both quarterbacks. The only benefit Joe gives is in the 2 minute so that's where I would think it makes sense playing him.

Until recently I didn't even think you could sub QB's in an out unless someone was hurt.

Make Joe active in case Lamar gets hurt.

They also could hold Joe back another week by saying he's cleared to play but not ready this week....that he needs another week of practice.

Today's ER Quiz.

Which one is Joe?

quotes-about-girls-being-jealous-7.jpg

• 1 month later...

https://thespun.com/football/trade-destination-for-qb-joe-flacco-has-emerged

According to NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the Jacksonville Jaguars have “held internal conversations” about a potential trade for Flacco.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have identified Joe Flacco as one of their primary quarterback options for 2019, according to league sources, and have held internal conversations about a possible trade. Flacco, 33, who will not be back with the Ravens in 2019, is open to the possibility, sources said.

Yeah I am sure they have talked about Joe. I bet they want nothing to do with that contract. They know he will be cut in the end anyway so I would think they wait for that time.