ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How will the receiver corps look come mini-camp?

Robjr83

With so many receivers on the roster I think Thompson is the odd man out.

Torrey

Jones

Smith SR

M Brown

Mallette

Campanaro

I guess could IR one of the guys but this is my guess at the roster going into the season

Thank you.

Completely agree.

I didn't want to draft another receiver because I want Brown to get on the field as much as possible. When you start talking about 5 - 6 guys that will all be getting touches it is really going to take away from Browns opportunities. He can be a huge asset in the Redzone he just needs to get experience

• Upvote 2

Each guy will have a chance to carve out his role. We know what we have in Torrey, Steve Smith and Jacoby, but Campanero will have a chance at being our slot receiver. Brown and Mellette have an opportunity to be the big possession guy. Jacoby I'm sure will focus on returns, but he is able to jump in at either the X or Y, especially if someone else gets hurt. I like the group.

3 receiver sets will be Torrey and Jacoby outside and Steve in the slot. I think they will look at Marlon on the outside more than last yr. I think they will take a long look at Mellette and try. Thompson outside because he doesn't seem to have the route discipline for the slot.

Campanaro is destined for slot duty but he'll need to flash quickly.

Didn't the Ravens pickup Laquan too? I see a max of 6 WR's on the roster with 4 basically guaranteed (Torrey,Jones,Smith,Brown) with the other guys fighting for the two spots. If injuries happen elsewhere they're going to have to rob from those roster spots. I'm guessing we'll carry 3 TE's.

Didn't the Ravens pickup Laquan too? I see a max of 6 WR's on the roster with 4 basically guaranteed (Torrey,Jones,Smith,Brown) with the other guys fighting for the two spots. If injuries happen elsewhere they're going to have to rob from those roster spots. I'm guessing we'll carry 3 TE's.

I agree. Here's a question, what about Furstenburg? Had speed from what I remember

I agree. Here's a question, what about Furstenburg? Had speed from what I remember

I liked Furstenburg, but barring an injury to one of the other 3 I don't see them carrying 4 TE's on the roster plus Juice whose a FB/TE. They might try and stash him away on the practice squad again this year. Lots of competition this year at the WR/TE position. It should make for some good camp battles.