ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is It Really This Bad?

vmax

I was going to say: that's the joke with Towson is that it's funded by all the NJ/NY out of staters. DC provided a much more intelligent response haha.

Anyone following the Baltimore mayoral Democratic primary?

The same is true at UMD and even UMBC to an extent. What I don't get is why the universities have any incentive to do that in the first place - once they grant them instate, they lose that revenue stream. And I've never seen any real data on it, so all I know is anecdotal.

And... I am trying my hardest to NOT follow the city primary. Ugh. Sheila Dixon is going to win... again.

I'm still waiting on the city agency audits that were mandated 4 years ago and haven't come through yet - not one. There has to be money disappearing. These audits, some not done for decades, could help prove it. And yet in four years they have ZERO complete. Legal mandate is they need to be done by November. Good luck.

I was unaware of the changing state of residence, but it makes sense now that you mention it. I also didn't know the waiting period was only a year to gain instate tuition. I am also curious of the data on this.

As far as the mayoral election: my wife has sat in on presentations from most, if not all of the candidates. She said Elizabeth Embry was hands down the most impressive, considering who had the most detailed and realistic platforms. Embry did not dance around questions like most of the candidates did. My wife came away believing Embry's law background and no nonsense pragmatic disposition is very well suited for the position.

Of course as you point out, the most qualified candidate almost never wins.

I don't think there is a time period... I think it is simply about where you live and more importantly why you live there.

You're not supposed to be allowed in state status if you still rely on parents who are out of state or if the sole purpose of moving is to get tuition reduction... Or if you just change status on a whim with no intent to stay in state. But that's all subjective.

I just looked up the requirements and process online set by the state board of regents, and it puts all burden on student to prove... But it's all subjective and a few forceful lies could get past it. Just say your parents aren't paying the bills... Say it loudly and get them to say it too Tada.

We ran into the situation in 05, living literally on the MD border in PA my middle son wanted to attend harford community college, but we were shown out of state tuition costs. Stipulation was he worked in harford county, and the Mrs and I worked in maryland. So he was able to attend and was given an instate tuition.

Did you see the vid of when she was sprayed? First she was groped by a guy. She is 15 yrs old and he was an old man. Then while she is yelling about it a dude weasels up close to her and when she psuhes someone he sprays her in the face. The groper and the sprayer are being searched for by the police now.

While I don't think she should have been sprayed, I disagree with the phrase groped need on the video. Looks like he is pushing his paper at her chest - not that that is acceptable either.

What follows is textbook rowdy crowd crap from both sides.

I'm still more embarrassed by Trump's attempted defense of his campaign manager and the like. Same with his attacks in Cruz's wife.

On the latter, at the town hall the other night he tried two lines that are absolute baloney: 1. I didn't say that, I tweeted it, that's different. That's not really my message. 2. I thought it was a lovely picture of Mrs Cruz.

Don't know I could be more shocked than I have been so far... But wow.

Also still can't believe he can't understand or denied the difference between "he started it" factually and "he started it" as a reason for your actions/response. Actually I can believe it. I'm more pleased that people seem to be walking up to him more... General election polls getting far worse for him

anyone else catch Trump make 5 statements on abortion in 24 hours, each saying something almost entirely different?

And then he wants to end NATO. And give nukes to Japan and Korea. Except that he doesn't.

Honestly, this is getting more fun now that his poll numbers are tanking. Today he claimed the RNC should force Kasich out of the race because Kasich cannot mathematically win on the first ballot, so he's just "stealing Trump's votes."

I saw that about Kasich. That is so funny. I think all of those votes would go to Cruz. But the party doesn't want him out. If he can steal enough votes then the convention can be brokered.

Trump has no policy position. He changes minute to minute.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/273213-nbc-trump-contradicts-himself-in-two-interviews-minutes-apart

Check out this vid.

When the world economy melted down in 07-08 they arrested the bankers who committed fraud. They also convicted the president for being part of it. They got out of it faster than any otehr country also. They do not screw around. There is video of Sander predicting this when they were debating the Panamanian Free Trade deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3azW_JT7q_A

Reverse angle of the girl who was peper sprayed zoomed in and slowed down.

Trump creamed by Cruz tonight in Wisconsin. Looks like Cruz might top 50% even. Contested convention here we come.

Bernie looks to beat Hillary too... Right now pushing 57%. That's big there, even if delegates stay close. He needs to start winning 60% to really win the delegate count, but he's doing big damage.

Looking more at this Panama Papers controversy. I think Hillary is going to take some body blows on it.

There is a separate Panama Papers file on the US... They haven't even released it yet. Just wait were the words.

When the world economy melted down in 07-08 they arrested the bankers who committed fraud. They also convicted the president for being part of it. They got out of it faster than any otehr country also. They do not screw around. There is video of Sander predicting this when they were debating the Panamanian Free Trade deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3azW_JT7q_A

Reverse angle of the girl who was peper sprayed zoomed in and slowed down.

Hasn't it been proven this girl was not 15? Wasn't she instigating a lot of it? Groping is wrong, and I'm not defending that, but there are a lot of 'facts' surrounding this event.