ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Is It Really This Bad?

vmax

He's less evil in terms of damage to party long term (though, at this point, the damage is done... If Donald doesn't get the nomination, he'll trash the party).

But Cruz is more evil in his actual views and pushing party further towards Tea Party. Establishment is trying to rein that in... They can't keep feeding it

I'm a Republican and I agree with this. Cruz seems like a miserable person. He's extremely smart, which makes me think he has some psychological and/or sociological issues. He hides behind the persona of liberty and defending the constitution, but on many issues he is the complete opposite.

As far as Trump: he's a wild card. I'm in the camp he doesn't believe what he's saying. He's a business guy and a master marketer. Sadly, the presidential election is nothing more than a popularity contest. He's not going to ignore all the data showing projections of him getting blown out. I'm curious to see if his message in the general election is different from that in the primaries. Regardless, I can guarantee you he has a plan that will make the general election a lot closer than it currently projects (not saying he'll win).

Good news everyone. Jesse Ventura is talking about running as an independent. So there will be two candidates who worked with the WWE at times.

In an unrelated story Sanders is seeing if Stone Cold Steve Austin can show up at a rally and give him the stone cold stunner. And Hillary's medical staff is debating if she could survive a RKO.

In other unrelated new Bill Clinton is trying to arrange a meeting with the Bella Twins.

Good news everyone. Jesse Ventura is talking about running as an independent. So there will be two candidates who worked with the WWE at times.

In an unrelated story Sanders is seeing if Stone Cold Steve Austin can show up at a rally and give him the stone cold stunner. And Hillary's medical staff is debating if she could survive a RKO.

In other unrelated new Bill Clinton is trying to arrange a meeting with the Bella Twins.

😄😄😄

The Mexican President's referral to Trump as another Hitler type is right on.

Trumps a meglomaniac, who cares about nobody but himself, and sees everyone as inferior. He's just the kind of guy who would love to have his finger on the button and make the hard decision to push it.

Like the people of Germany, we would be left answering to history how we could have put such a man in power.

And...he's a great liar like Adolph.

You really want to believe something coming out of a Mexican dictators mouth?

Mexican dictator? You mean that guy who was democratically elected and then took to his retirement without question. That "dictator?"

You really want to believe Trump - who has said nothing, spewed hate and insults and is only consistent in two things: anti-immigrant and anti-trade policy? Of course, he loves both immigrants and trade for his own companies, so we are sure he means to do away with it.

Crav, open your eyes. Trump is not a candidate. He is a demagogue. His proposals don't exist. His policies don't exist. He is running on the sentence, "I am a winner," which is a false statement in itself. If he hadn't been given a $1m loan and inherited companies worth $200m, he'd have nothing. He's a name. And just saying, "we're going to be great," is a load of crap.

All that said - you're right that if he wins Ohio and Florida, he will win the nomination. And then he'll lose one of the worst election defeats in US history in the general when a 3rd party GOPer runs against him and most of the GOP voting base abandons him.

You really want to believe something coming out of a Mexican dictators mouth?

Two former presidents of Mexico are dictators? How does that work?

Destroyed? How so?

OMG he slammed her over and over. Also the Univision reporters were relentless asking followup after followup and she broke down during it.

OMG he slammed her over and over. Also the Univision reporters were relentless asking followup after followup and she broke down during it.

Did we watch the same debate?

Bernie had a strong debate, but he's very repetitive. The out of context video clips was jarring.

The reporters were relentless and her normal cheerful tone was chipped away, but 'broke down'? Hardly.

She didn't curl up ans sob. But she was taking blow after blow. She admitted her semi wall she wants. She admitted she was for the bailout. He said the speeches for Goldman must be great. When she said she would turn them over once everyone does he immediately said I have turned them over. Bernie brought up that she just got $15mil from wall st after she says she has been tough on them. Romos had toask Clinton 6 times about deportation. They gave Bernie a standing ovation to close the debate.

I just cannot understand Trump nor the people who support him. He is the ultimate run around guy and yet people won't see it. There is a quote in the NYTimes or something I read today where a woman said, 100% quote, that despite all his problems "Unless he kills my children or grandchildren in the streets, nothing's going to change my mind at this point."

WTF?

But you can't pin him down because people just don't want to see it.

You say, "You support violence at your rallies." He says, "No, no I don't."

You say, "Just yesterday you told people you'd like to see a guy roughed up..." He says, "Well, that one guy was swinging and he was a terrorist."

You say, "That's not true. He was walking out with his hands up." He says, "He was giving the middle finger, it's obscene"

You say, "You curse all the time about things ... on stage..." He says, "But they are coming to see me, it's different."

You say, "It doesn't seem very presidential." He says, "well now you're just picking on me, you're a dirty rotten reporter."

You say, "I'm just reporting the facts and your own words to you." He says, "How can I be expected to be perfect. I just know what people tell me on the internet."

You say, "That doesn't seem like a great strategy or defense. How can we trust that" He says, "I'm a counterpuncher. I go with my gut. It works."

You say, "It can't always work, haven't you made any mistakes? I just listed a few, even..." He says, "I'm in the habit of looking foward..."

It's constant runaround, but every soundbit sounds, individually, like a nice little cupcake to end it all and shut it down. He is literally the opposite of what people say they want, even his supporters, he believes the opposite of what they believe, he never publicly admits he's been wrong. Seriously, never. He has never publicly said he's wrong. He just lies on top of his lies. And anyone can see it in a matter of moments.

NYTimes ran a great bit on how a professional salesman analyzed Trump and said he's actually using basic salesmanship - short sentence, short words, confusion, distraction, small bits of information, orders instead of requests, redirection. I guess we know how the fucking shakeweight sold $1m worth ... this is our nation. I guess we fucking deserve it.

By the way, today, actual Trump quote:

The guy who ran up there yesterday, Trump said he was ISIS-linked. He wasn't. When confronted on Meet the Press: "Well, I only know what was on the internet."

For fuck's sake. So you spread misinformation for 24 hours to get your votes, ruin a guy's life, further bigotry, etc etc... and then best you can say is "well, that's all I know." Of course, his supporters will never actually get the right info on that guy or the protest. Not that it matters.

Letting off a week's worth of built-up frustration?

Nailed it. At least that long. :)

Things I want to slowly explain to every Trump supporter but have to just scream inside my head most of the time. Doesn't help I'm about to be teaching rise of fascism in my history courses.

Nailed it. At least that long. :)

Things I want to slowly explain to every Trump supporter but have to just scream inside my head most of the time. Doesn't help I'm about to be teaching rise of fascism in my history courses.

Lol I don't think I've ever seen you drop an F bomb before :)