ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

10 pros pick our #17

Oldschool739

His real name is Ha'sean Clinton-Dix......HA HA is his nickname because he is a happy go lucky personality..

UPDATE: Alabama's Ha'sean Clinton-Dix enjoys return to home sweet Florida

Alabama freshman safety Hasean Clinton-Dix has become the epitome of his nickname. The big-smiling, fun-loving, laughing-with-life kid from Eatonville has a charming, magnetic personality that has won people over his whole life.

pixel.gif

pixel.gifThats why they call him Ha-Ha.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-10-03/sports/os-recruiting-hasean-clinton-dix-returns-florida-alabama-20111001_1_florida-gators-gator-bait-ben-hill-griffin-stadium

Thanks for that and I say bring him on if he's that good. The name has personality if he's a perennial pro bowler. It's rather unforgettable. If he's laughing while making picks, Ha Ha indeed.

I watch a lot of college football, love it and I must say Calvin Pryor is going to be an excellant safety, would love to see him as a Raven. However, I think he could be and will be had in the 2nd, a bit early for him. I also doubt a DT is the pick at 17. I don't think Ebron will be there and as I have said before, tight end, like receiver is deep, not much seperates Ebron from the others, but yes, if he is there and there are no good trades, take him.,

A bit early for Martin too, he is a 20 or lower tackle, good right tackle me thinks, not a starting left tackle in the NFL and Dicks, no way he is there at 17, even if he was, I am not convinced.

I truly think the Ravens trade down, I know, they get a lot of comp picks, one in the 3rd, which is great, but they stil need more picks this year, or even next year. If they could get another 2nd round pick for 17 to move down to the late 20's that would be best, or a 2nd and a 3rd next year to move out of the first. This draft is deep right where the Ravens need the help, save for left tackle, barring a hidden gem and left tackle worth taking in the first will be long gone by 17. There are some small school players not covered by these types of draft gurus who are going to be stars with the right coaching and the chance to play in the NFL.

are we really worried about LT right now?

I don't think we are trading out because the draft is so deep, it will be hard to find a good dance partner that gives up enough. This may be the yr we just make the pick. Just a hunch.

I think HHCD is good but then there's Pryor and also Brooks from FSU. All athletic Safeties. So if the right one isn't there at 17 we may wait around for Brooks in the 2nd after picking someone else at 17.

I'd trade back if Benjamin was still on the board, back to 25. That be a good spot to grab him at

In the 2nd round? I hope that's what you mean anyway. I have too many question marks surrounding Benjamin to touch him in the 1st round. In the 2nd I would consider him only if the following are all off the board and we didn't take 1 of them in the first.

1. Sammy Watkins

2. Mike Evans

3. Marqise Lee

4. Odell Beckham JR

5. Jordan Matthews

6. Brandin Cooks

7. Davante Adams

In the 2nd round? I hope that's what you mean anyway. I have too many question marks surrounding Benjamin to touch him in the 1st round. In the 2nd I would consider him only if the following are all off the board and we didn't take 1 of them in the first.

1. Sammy Watkins

2. Mike Evans

3. Marqise Lee

4. Odell Beckham JR

5. Jordan Matthews

6. Brandin Cooks

7. Davante Adams

Please tell me what made his stock drop from the championship game, where he was projected as a top 15 to where you have him in the late 2nd rd

are we really worried about LT right now?

I don't think we are trading out because the draft is so deep, it will be hard to find a good dance partner that gives up enough. This may be the yr we just make the pick. Just a hunch.

I think HHCD is good but then there's Pryor and also Brooks from FSU. All athletic Safeties. So if the right one isn't there at 17 we may wait around for Brooks in the 2nd after picking someone else at 17.

This is the yr to trade back. The draft is deep so you can get a lot of value with many picks.

Please tell me what made his stock drop from the championship game, where he was projected as a top 15 to where you have him in the late 2nd rd

WEAKNESSES: Still developing as a route-runner, adding to questions about his ability to play a large role immediately in the NFL. While his size is problematic for defenders, Benjamin's length makes it difficult for him to sink his hips and explodes out of cuts, making him much better suited to verticals and crossing routes than double-moves, limiting his fit to certain schemes.

Drops too many passes. Allows the ball into his chest too often. Will take his eyes off the ball in an attempt to make the defender miss before actually securing the pass, leading to an occasional ugly drop. Seems to especially struggle with low passes, a problem for many taller receivers.

He timed at 4.61 (Not bad for a player his size but he only had a 32 1/2" Vertical which backs up some of the explosive issues into and out of breaks. I don't like slow players with the dropsies. If you aren't the fastest player then you damn well need to have some of the best hands. He only caught 54 balls. Granted he averaged 18 yards per catch but he also played in the weak ass ACC.

I also have heard a few reports about his work ethic. That is a huge red flag especially for someone that has work to do on his hands and route running.

That said, he would be very interesting as TE prospect (6'5 240 at his pro day) but I wouldn't be taking on that sort of project in the 1st round. Hence I wouldn't touch him until our 2nd round pick at the earliest.

This is the yr to trade back. The draft is deep so you can get a lot of value with many picks.

But everyone knows that P. I'm no expert and I knew it before it was ever said. So if everyone knows that they can wait for great players, it makes teams less inclined to trade with you. They won't sweeten the pot in a trade. We won't find a McDaniels looking for Tebow. Unwilling trade partners will offer sparse deals. If we can get value, it may well be time to trade back but I think there will be a problem on the value end.
  • Upvote 1

I was just responding to you thinking they stay pat. If there is a yr this isn't it. Actually next yr is a yr to move up or stay pat. It will be a poor draft.

We have 10 picks already in 2015's draft.....Had 11 til we traded that 5th for Zutta....Ozzie could trade up if he really wants a certain player,or trade for a vet....He's is on a mission this year, I think because he wants 1 more SB before he hits the beach in his easy chair....You go Oz !!!!!

It would not be a bad idea to trade picks from next yr to get more this yr.

That seems to be what NE does a lot. Compiles a load of picks so they can maneuver all over the board during the draft....He always seems to have a boat load of picks.....Somebody needs steal his formula ....Draft Gate....lol

I was just responding to you thinking they stay pat. If there is a yr this isn't it. Actually next yr is a yr to move up or stay pat. It will be a poor draft.

I got you but I wasn't saying what I thought was the best strategy, just what I think will happen. I wasn't clear on that tho. If they get good value and players they want they should trade down. 2nd rd could yield 1st rd talent

I got you but I wasn't saying what I thought was the best strategy, just what I think will happen. I wasn't clear on that tho. If they get good value and players they want they should trade down. 2nd rd could yield 1st rd talent

Not just the 1st round. This yr could get you a 5th round talent most yrs in the 7th round this yr.