ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kennan Reynolds

vmax

Looks like he'll be playing this year.....

Ravens rookie receiver Keenan Reynolds got the unofficial thumbs up from his boss Thursday.

Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus joined “The Dan Patrick Show” Thursday morning to talk about Reynolds’s unique circumstances.

“I’m confident that we can work something out for Keenan to do both, to serve his country and to play professional football,” Mabus said. “Keenan Reynolds is one of the finest people that I know. He is just a sterling individual. If I’m an NFL coach or GM, he’s the kind of person I want in my locker room.” “I can’t think of a better ambassador for the United States Navy or for the United States military than Keenan Reynolds.”http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Secretary-Of-Navy-Confident-Keenan-Reynolds-Can-Play-And-Serve/61b43e37-d1de-4b5b-845c-f34bd77a6f83

There are a ton of articles about Reynolds. The more I read and see I very happy they took a chance on him late in the draft. Not much to lose and they did draft 11 players total. I watched about 5 of Navy's games this year and he's outstanding at finding running lanes and the end zone. He's definitely not NFL caliber QB material but I can see him returning kicks and in 3rd down or red zone packages.

If you're a doubter, I understand but I believe he'll make a positive impact on this team. I believe he'll find a way.

Better than this guy....

porsha-and-kordell-stewart-wedding-photo

Max,

I really like this pick, too. He could be another diamond in the rough.

Since you've watched him a few times, do you see him as another slash guy or maybe an Edelman type ?

Big IF here....like Edelman IF he can catch the football.

I hear he was dropping passes left and right this weekend. Literally, this was his first time catching a pass from a QB.

But I'll be rooting for him all the way. Got nothing but respect for him.

Edited by vmax

There is a long way to go for him. Catching a pass, running routes, then doing it all at game speed with contact. Good luck.

His biggest challange might be hanging onto the ball IF he catches it.

So many other players who are already accomplished, yet this organization, which has never developed a wide out, and is in desperate need of a slot\ return man, takes him....

We knew this was a project when we drafted him and most of us are not ready to give up on him after one weekend, Campanaro has not done a damn thing since he's been here and the fanbase are still willing to give this guy a chance surely we can give Reynolds more than one weekend to see if he can contribute or not.

We knew this was a project when we drafted him and most of us are not ready to give up on him after one weekend, Campanaro has not done a damn thing since he's been here and the fanbase are still willing to give this guy a chance surely we can give Reynolds more than one weekend to see if he can contribute or not.

Camp is another wasted pick. As I said when he was drafted, too injury riddled.

At least, however, he had played the position before, and has excellent hands.

You missed the point though. They have never developed a wide out.

Add to that, they are so low on man power and talent at wide out & in the secondary why on earth do they take a chance on him when they could have chosen so many others who have better odds of making it in the NFL....

• Upvote 1

Camp is actually 2 wasted picks since we traded with Cleveland for him. Its really is a statistical wonder at the black hole that is our WR draft history

Jermaine Lewis

James Roe

Patrick Johnson

Brandon Stokley

Travis Taylor

Ron Johnson

Javin Hunter

Devard Darling

Clarence Moore

Derek Abney

Mark Clayton

Demetrius Williams

Yamon Figurs ( drafted in 3rd and traded a 2nd for it)

Marcus Smith

Justin Harper

David Reed

Torrey Smith

Tandon Doss
Tommy Streeter

Aaron Mellette

Michael Campanaro

Breshad Perriman

Darren Waller

Why would you assume we have a good WR corps right now? Smith is coming off an injury as is Perriman who has never played a down. Wallace may be a good pickup but he's a one trick pony. The rest of the group are a bunch of unproven players... quantity = quality? Look at the statistics and tell me Ozzie knows how to pick good WRs.

so we should never draft a Wide receiver ever again because we have a bad history with them? if this guy doesn't work out , in the long run it was a 6th round pick and contrary to popular belief we have a pretty good wr corp right now if all goes well with injures.

No one said the Ravens should give up on drafting receivers.. What was said is that for a team no never have developed one, it makes no sense to take a guy who had never played the position and try and turn him into one.

Especially since they have no depth at the position, no slot guy, no real return man and, here is the key, in the 6th, there were several players already established at both return and slot poaitions...

Or they could have drafted a defensive back, another position of desperate need...

It would be interesting to know what receivers we passed over to get to the WRs that we picked.

In the 4th alone, they chose Chris Moore, some one unfinished, raw, tough kid don't get me wrong, but he can only run one route, is a 4.55 forty guy and has suspect hands..

They could have, for example, had Malcolm Mitchel, better speed, ran a variety of routes at Georgia, though he too is unfinished, raw, but has return ability, very good, and better hands...

They SHOULD have taken, yes time will tell, Pharoh Cooper, a complete receiver with great hands, loves the slot & return game, tremendous run after the catch and runs solid routes. He too went in the 4th, AFTER the Ravens drafted.

in the 6th instead of a popular pick, they could have taken Kolby Listenbee from TCU who went 17th in the 6th. A real wide out who can return kicks/punts, He has REAL SPEED, 4.39. He does have loose hands because of a lack of focus, he is raw on routes, but he has jitters and can get deep. A far better player than Moore and my goodness, much more accomplished at wide out than Reynolds.

Just a few examples... Obviously the Ravens "rated" the players they took higher.... Time will tell....

I agree with TS... I thought for sure Pharoh Cooper would have been a Ravens "Red Star" player. Polished player with great character; awesome production in the SEC with crap QB play; high IQ; doesn't have one elite trait but does everything well; most importantly for the Ravens, he wouldnt have needed much coaching. Rams got a great pick.

On Moore, half the scouts/analysts seemed liked him, half seemed to not like him. I'm skeptical, but we have him now. Put him at split end and see if he can get open downfield. Joe hasn't really had a deep threat who can attack a ball at its high point. Might as well give Moore a chance.

On Moore, half the scouts/analysts seemed liked him, half seemed to not like him. I'm skeptical, but we have him now. Put him at split end and see if he can get open downfield. Joe hasn't really had a deep threat who can attack a ball at its high point. Might as well give Moore a chance.

Sorry are we talking about Clarence Moore or Chris Moore?

It would be interesting to know what receivers we passed over to get to the WRs that we picked.

Well we passed on Jimmy Graham for Ed Dickson, Riley Cooper for David Reed, and took Ramon Harewood and the very next pick was Antonio Brown.

Sorry are we talking about Clarence Moore or Chris Moore?

I dominated with Clarence Moore in Madden. Clarence Moore and Randy Hymes were my two favorite Ravens receivers haha

I dominated with Clarence Moore in Madden. Clarence Moore and Randy Hymes were my two favorite Ravens receivers haha

Deonte Thompson was a beast in Madden. All that matters in Madden is speed and he had plenty of it.

Jermaine Lewis - 5th round pick. Nobody of note drafted after him. Was a decent return man and a big part of our 1st Superbowl team. I would say this is a good 5th round pick at WR/KR.

James Roe - 6th round pick. Did nothing. Out of the league in 3 years.

Patrick Johnson - 2nd round pick. 2 notable WRs drafted within a round after PJ were Joe Jurevicius and Hines Ward. Major bust here.

Brandon Stokley - 4th round pick. Had a pretty good career for a 4th round pick but his notable years were spent away from Baltimore. Bust for us but not a bust overall.

Travis Taylor - Major bust at #10 overall but no one else taken after him did anything. Plaxico Burress went a couple picks earlier and had a good career. There were some decent WRs drafted from the late 3rd round on in that draft.

Ron Johnson - 4th round pick. Bust but no one taken in the next couple of rounds at WR did anything either.

Javin Hunter - 6th round pick. Did nothing and nobody of note at WR taken after him.

Devard Darling - 3rd round pick. Bust. Could have had Jerricho Cotchery who has had a servicable career for a 3rd round pick. Wasn't much else on offer that year.

Derek Abney - 7th round pick. Never made the team.

Mark Clayton - 1st round pick. Bust. Could have had Roddy White!

Demetrius Williams - 4th round pick. Showed flashes for a couple of seasons but never developed. Bust. Could have had Brandon Marshall who went a dozen picks later.

Yamon Figurs ( drafted in 3rd and traded a 2nd for it) - Bust. Could have had James Jones who had a pretty good career. Other servicable 3rd round picks that year include Laurent Robinson and Mike Sims-Walker.

Marcus Smith - 4th round pick. Did nothing in 3 years and then out of football. Only WR of note taken later was Josh Morgan in the 6th who has had a pretty decent career.

Justin Harper - 7th round pick. Did nothing in 3 year and is a bust because we could have had Stevie Johnson who has had a good career most notably with the Bills.

David Reed - 5th round pick. Bust. Could have had Antonio Brown or even Riley Cooper.

Torrey Smith - 2nd round pick. Has had a good career but never developed his game beyond running the 9. Probably the first receiver that we have drafted that has done anything and he doesn't get passed his rookie contract. That said he wasn't worth the contract he got in the end. Could have had Randall Cobb.

Tandon Doss - 4th round pick. Bust but only Denarius Moore showed anything from later in that draft.
Tommy Streeter - 6th round pick. Has bounced around the league. Wouldn't say bust but his best year was after he left Baltimore.

Aaron Mellette - 7th round pick. Only lasted a year. No one of note taken after him.

Michael Campanaro - 7th round pick. I like him but he can't stay on the field.

Breshad Perriman - 1st round pick. Injured, hasn't played a down. A little too early to call a bust. Dorial Green Beckham has the potential to be a star. Devin Funchess showed up for the Panthers last year. Tyler Lockett has looked good in Seattle. Perriman needs a first season like those guys or he teeters on the brink of being a bust.

Darren Waller - Has potential but I think is being moved to TE?

While we have had no success it's not as if the WRs taken after our picks have consistently turned out to be great. Sure there are always going to be misses but the % of hits post our pick is very low.