ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Different Take...From One Woman's Perspective

oldno82

A different take from the victims perspective....

Janay Rice defended her husband and criticized the media.

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend," she wrote in an Instagram post. "But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted [opinions] from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret everyday is a horrible thing.

"To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass off for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

Battered women normally defend who abuse them.

There is no evidence he has done this before. In fact, since there was alchol invloved and that he did not beat her, simply (sorry, wrong word I know) struck her once, it is very likely he has never done this before.

If that were to be true, then she is not a battered woman, but a woman who loves her husband and know this was out of the ordinary for her. Time will tell and I hope I am right.

Actually on that vid he struck her twice. I think you have to assume she has a history of being beaten until you can prove otherwise.

The first, at the front of the elevator, was a slap, minsing words I know, but bear with me here.... The second was in response to her spitting on him. No, I am not excussing him, not my intent at all. Simply, and I have some experience here having a sister who was abused, a brother accused numerous times of abusing his wife, fake reports, am trying to say there is good reason to believe he never has beaten her before. Food for thought, is all. I understand that most men, once a woman beater always a woman beater, but there are some who only did it once and usually, alcohol was involved and instigation by the woman.

He was calm enough to take the fight into where he thought nobody would see it. That is forethought in my eyes.

he didn't take the fight any where Pap,. They were going to the elevator. Yes, argueing on the way, nonetheless, going there anyway. The arguement escalated inside, yes, but it isn't as if he clearly said to his drunk self; better not hit her out here, wait till I get to the elevator........

he didn't take the fight any where Pap,. They were going to the elevator. Yes, argueing on the way, nonetheless, going there anyway. The arguement escalated inside, yes, but it isn't as if he clearly said to his drunk self; better not hit her out here, wait till I get to the elevator........

I agree with that part.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/9/10/6131623/national-organization-for-women-roger-goodell-resignation-nfl-commissioner-ray-rice

The NFL has lost its way. It doesn't have a Ray Rice problem; it has a violence against women problem.

• According to FiveThirtyEight.com, the relative arrest rate of NFL players is fifty-five percent for domestic violence, and thirty-eight percent for sex offenses.
  • Days after announcing his new domestic violence policy, Goodell said Ray McDonald of the San Francisco 49ers, who is facing a felony domestic violence charge, could play in the team's season opener against the Dallas Cowboys.
  • Greg Hardy is still playing for the Carolina Panthers, even after being convicted in July of choking his former girlfriend and threatening to kill her.

Goodell's response to accusations that Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones sexually assaulted a woman has been: radio silence.

The only workable solution is for Roger Goodell to resign, and for his successor to appoint an independent investigator with full authority to gather factual data about domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking within the NFL community, and to recommend real and lasting reforms.

The NFL sets the example for college, high school, middle school and even elementary school football programs. And the example it is setting right now is simply unacceptable.

New leadership must come in with a specific charge to transform the culture of violence against women that pervades the NFL.

That's the only way to restore honor and integrity to the country's most lucrative and popular pastime.

Sorry Papa, but this is the dumbest statement you've ever made.

Agree 100 %. And Papa-you have made some stupid ones. Now you're a detective, states attorney, and mind reader all balled up into one. People like you make me sick. This guy has been a model of the community and Ravens Org. for several years now, and one stupid alcohol induced mistake, big one albeit, and you want to massacre him, while having evrybody involved in the investigation fired. Your an idiot. Get a freakin' life.

• Upvote 1

Agree 100 %. And Papa-you have made some stupid ones. Now you're a detective, states attorney, and mind reader all balled up into one. People like you make me sick. This guy has been a model of the community and Ravens Org. for several years now, and one stupid alcohol induced mistake, big one albeit, and you want to massacre him, while having evrybody involved in the investigation fired. Your an idiot. Get a freakin' life.

Just remember people I was not calling anyone names. So when I throw your words in your face this is the reason why.

I can see he stepped to her. How about he tells her to take that elevator and he takes the next one? He could have deescalated but he didn't. He calmly waited to get her out of the public eye.

I agree. Innocent until proven guilty. He has only be proven to be guilty of a one time offense. There is ZERO evidence of multiple incidents.

I have to assume he has done this before until someone asks Janay in the way you do DV victims if this was a one time event.