ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Opening Day 2016

dc.

Yes.

But another 20 inning streak without scoring a run. This is what all power, no on base gets us. As predicted.

We are eighth in the league in OBP at .326. I am not sure how much of that was attributable to our 8-1 start, but we are tenth in hits and only eighteenth in runs. I am guessing the difference is BA RISP.

Either way, Machado and Davis are really our only OBP guys. Rickards advanced metrics suggest he won't hold up over the long term and he's not walking very much. Trumbo has a high OBP now, but will he come back down to earth? Or is he our next Cruz?

I would like to get Kim and Reimold more at bats. Their plate approaches have been very solid this year. Álvarez has had good at bats and hopefully he is turning the corner. Wieters needs to step it up. He's losing himself a lot of money this season.

Part of that is just our postponed games. We've played 30, some have played up to 35 I think.

In runs per game, we're 9th also.

Cubs are scary good all around.

And our pitching hasn't been bad at all, our starters just can't pitch 6.

While we on the stats, the Os must be 1st or among the league leaders of 2-3 runs scored with double digit hits. Perfect example tonight : 3runs/11 hits through 8 innings.

This offense struggles mightily with scoring outside of the HR. Hate to beat an old horse to death but you wonder why Buck and Co haven't addressed over the past several years.

While we on the stats, the Os must be 1st or among the league leaders of 2-3 runs scored with double digit hits. Perfect example tonight : 3runs/11 hits through 8 innings.

This offense struggles mightily with scoring outside of the HR. Hate to beat an old horse to death but you wonder why Buck and Co haven't addressed over the past several years.

It's not Buck's style, simply. And it's not the style of any of our players either. That only reinforces that the team isn't very interested in it, despite their proclamations... They don't pursue guys with that skill set.

Trumbo has been fun to watch, but he's the same way, even worse than most of ours. He's not walking at all. And next time you watch him, check how often he's out on the first pitch... When his vat cools, it'll be ugly

I'm not worried about the bats. We have so many guys that can but that the bats will stagger hot and cold most likely. Sure our BA with RISP is poor but we also get many more runs from solo and two run home runs that most teams wouldn't get.

Cool article on what Trumbo worked on this offseason:

http://m.masn.mobi/steve-melewski/2016/05/talking-exit-velocity-with-the-orioles-mark-trumbo.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A poor exit velocity is one of the indicators that have many thinking Rickards pace is unsustainable.

I trust Rickard not to hit 330, but to hit 270-280 and walk a lot. He hasn't walked much yet here, but in the minors he did well at that.

As for bats, I worry because when our bars go cold they go very cold... Very cold

I trust Rickard not to hit 330, but to hit 270-280 and walk a lot. He hasn't walked much yet here, but in the minors he did well at that.

As for bats, I worry because when our bars go cold they go very cold... Very cold

But when they get hot ........... Man, would Love to bottle up some of today's power for weekend tilt vs Detroit, especially Satuday - first trip to the Yards this year

Last nights win reaffirmed the winning formula for this year - keep the opposition in 4-5 run range; score enough to keep close or take the lead; hand over to middle guys and closer. Don't know how long we can keep up but it's fun to watch.

Hope it's as fun tomorrow night - I m going to my first game at the yards. Should be an offensive shootout !

• Upvote 1

Last nights win reaffirmed the winning formula for this year - keep the opposition in 4-5 run range; score enough to keep close or take the lead; hand over to middle guys and closer. Don't know how long we can keep up but it's fun to watch.

Hope it's as fun tomorrow night - I m going to my first game at the yards. Should be an offensive shootout !

First time at the Yard? Enjoy!