ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We are about to be Hammered

vmax

Pasadena here, about 24" on the ground and still going strong. Winds were cranking so hard last night I couldn't sleep. I cannot believe we didn't lose power. I have 2 reef aquariums with multiple thousands of dollars of fish and corals that really need power. News reported that it wasn't going to stop until tomorrow but the weather channel model I just saw shows a stoppage around 10pm tonight. Despite the conditions I managed to get both cars shoveled out, heat pump cleared, and shoveled the dog a nice pathway to the closest tree in the backyard for him to do his business. Tomorrow I have to get on the roof, it's very old and very weak. I got three estimates last month but looks like I waited a little too long to get it done.

I think we're right about my 28" prediction in Towson. Shoveled at 10am. That's gone now. Plows stopped coming by around then too... So our plowed road had 10 inches by 4pm.

Can't see either car thanks to plow contributions too.

BWI reports 29.2" as of 7pm. Biggest storm in history, still a few hours to go... Next biggest around 27" so it's not even close.

I guess that puts us over 30" here. Heard Reisterstown was at 29" several hours ago...

Ocean City got nailed by wind and surf... Heard the pier is damaged again. Fun.

Also - screw the driveway! Park on the street.

I seen the pier is gone from the shack out, old OC was totally underwater, there's a bar called the bloody bucket, it had 5 ft of water inside.

This was a very massive and powerful storm there are photos from outer space that showed when the storm from the south and the storm from the west collided.pretty amazing shots, the cloud cover was from the gulf covering half of Texas and north covering illinois, and all the way covering the east coast.

From yesterday midday it was a gorgeous day temps plummeted all day, we were down the beach for the wine walk. The surf was massive, this part of Florida we don't see many waves of height, yesterday there were 6 footers all afternoon, no beach driving due to the tides.

Glad everyone is safe up there, now the fun begins, the clean up!!

When I first started working in Columbia one day at lunch I saw crowded mayhem at a gas station. It worried me so I started wondering what was going on that I didn't know about. After asking around I was told that most gas stations in Columbia are expensive and the Costco is much cheaper so it often has lines.

This is where I go for my gas each week. I filled up on Thursday morning with no worries.

I saw a video of OC. It's trashed.

If I had to dig my house out to the street, it would take a full day by myself.

Fortunately I have a house full of teenage cretans for that.

I don't see us getting a snow plow up the street for 24 hours. That will put a wall of snow between the houses and the street.

Ocean City got nailed by wind and surf... Heard the pier is damaged again. Fun.

Also - screw the driveway! Park on the street.

I kind of have to use the driveway. I live on a court and there is very little distance between driveways in which to park. Luckily being on the court, the distance from the street to my house is less than the people that live on the street party of my road. But its 2 car lengths of so.

Back don't fail me now.

We just walked up to my brother in law's house, they are 15 houses up a very flat street... Holy tundra trek!

Certainly not made easier by carrying a toddler, but even the 12" still on the street was like walking through quick sand. Exhausting. Ready to collapse. We were, by the tracks,the only people to have moved more than one house away from home. Should have known.

Reality is setting in.

I have a 3-4' wall of snow at the base of my driveway. The street is not plowed and once they do plow it, I'm sure the wall will be higher.

The cars that are parked on the street are totally buried. My kids were exhausted last night after a day of shoveling.

The elderly who have homes have no way to dig out unless neighbors help.
No way to get to work.

No way to work if we could get there, because we work on homes and part of that work is outside and we have to set up ladders, equipment and supplies. And where will we park our trucks?

A ton of money is being lost on this storm with businesses shut down.

I'm going to rally my kids today to help some neighbors.

Reality is setting in.

I have a 3-4' wall of snow at the base of my driveway. The street is not plowed and once they do plow it, I'm sure the wall will be higher.

The cars that are parked on the street are totally buried. My kids were exhausted last night after a day of shoveling.

The elderly who have homes have no way to dig out unless neighbors help.

No way to get to work.

No way to work if we could get there, because we work on homes and part of that work is outside and we have to set up ladders, equipment and supplies. And where will we park our trucks?

A ton of money is being lost on this storm with businesses shut down.

I'm going to rally my kids today to help some neighbors.

I got one pass from a plow yesterday afternoon. All that is between me and the street is 10 feet of crap the plow pushed in front let my driveway. Fun.

plows coming regular now,b ut we still have two inches on the road. We're a school bus path so that explains it,other roads in neighborhood hardly touched. But even for us, still just one lane...

Got one car out. Other totally gone. Not sure how to get it out. Six plus feet, four feet high between road and car... For entire car length. Just... How?!

And no where to put what I do clear!

Just got told to "save my back" by someone who told me a plow was on its way. Hope so, slow going.

The guy who told me a plow is coming told me he has been yelled at all weekend about where and where not to put the snow. He said there is not much choice most of the time.

Just got told to "save my back" by someone who told me a plow was on its way. Hope so, slow going.

The guy who told me a plow is coming told me he has been yelled at all weekend about where and where not to put the snow. He said there is not much choice most of the time.

This amuses me, because the county/city will sometimes fine you if you throw snow in the street, but they'll more than happily plow your friggen driveway shut again...

• Upvote 1

Well now I look like an ass. When the worker told me they had a plow coming I assumed he was either with the county or someone my homeowners association hired (they usually do). Just on a whim I asked my neighbor who the plow people were. Turns out they were someone my neighbor hired. I offered him some cash, but he said no.

Since the storm began, @MDSP tprs have responded to more than 1,800 calls for service, 238 accidents, and assisted more than 700 motorists.

Plow came, we shoveled, now it's clear to the street.

We're in business.

Yeah, Loch Raven in the county is one and some, but the some is now sidewalk since those don't exist. In many areas it goes to just one lane.

And of course, now to get more they have to plow even bigger, and now more frozen, piles...

I'm still leaving towards schools out all week. But even if we get there, Thursday earliest, it will be delayed for a few days...