ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Favorite Beers

GrubberRaven

• 2 weeks later...

I live out in Frederick, actually near Flying Dog Brewery. They've go crazy with the IPAs so I don't follow them as much.

SHIT!!!

I LOVE FLYING DOG

MY FAVORITE OF COURSE IS

RAGING BITCH'

DID YOU SEE THE JAMES CORDON BIT ON STONE BREWERY OF SAN DIEGO AND THEIR NEW BEER FROM TREATED SEWAGE??

FUNNY

Did not see that. Raging Bitch I can tolerate.

you've tolerated me LOL

i enjoyed the left hand

i also like Founders brewery

Victory brewery 400lb monkey

Stones brewery

New Holland's brewery

Dogfish Head

yeah beer

now if we could just get Cravn off of that swill natural light or the other one with that Pringles man face on it

you've tolerated me LOL

i enjoyed the left hand

i also like Founders brewery

Victory brewery 400lb monkey

Stones brewery

New Holland's brewery

Dogfish Head

yeah beer

now if we could just get Cravn off of that swill natural light or the other one with that Pringles man face on it

Sorry, can't change an old dog, I've tried the sampler at Du Claw brewery, could only tolerate the blonde ale. The others to me where bitter face beer. Nasty.

Sorry, can't change an old dog, I've tried the sampler at Du Claw brewery, could only tolerate the blonde ale. The others to me where bitter face beer. Nasty.

Sweet Baby Jesus is pretty good!

• 2 weeks later...

Calvert Brewing has a really nice IPA and cream ale. The design of their cans is pretty cool.

Mt Airy Liquors has a really nice selection of Maryland beers. They also have a nice selection of growler fills, with many being local brews. Sometimes go to Downtown Crown in Gaithersburg. Will have to try the Honeygo location.

Try some of the farm-based breweries. Mt Airy has Milkhouse Brewery at Stillpoint Farm and Red Shedman Farm. Waredaca is in upper Gaithersburg.

Flying Dog hasn't wowed me over the past few years. Awesome bottle art but wasn't impressed with the newer stuff (summer Old Bay ale, mint julep or salted caramel). Their older beers are fine. Would rather go to downtown Frederick to Brewers Alley or Monocacy Brewing heading north on 15 out of Fredrick

Cushwa Brewing recently opened in Williamsport Md. plan to get out there soon.

Beer is fun. Beer is good

• Upvote 2

Calvert Brewing has a really nice IPA and cream ale. The design of their cans is pretty cool.

Mt Airy Liquors has a really nice selection of Maryland beers. They also have a nice selection of growler fills, with many being local brews. Sometimes go to Downtown Crown in Gaithersburg. Will have to try the Honeygo location.

Try some of the farm-based breweries. Mt Airy has Milkhouse Brewery at Stillpoint Farm and Red Shedman Farm. Waredaca is in upper Gaithersburg.

Flying Dog hasn't wowed me over the past few years. Awesome bottle art but wasn't impressed with the newer stuff (summer Old Bay ale, mint julep or salted caramel). Their older beers are fine. Would rather go to downtown Frederick to Brewers Alley or Monocacy Brewing heading north on 15 out of Fredrick

Cushwa Brewing recently opened in Williamsport Md. plan to get out there soon.

Beer is fun. Beer is good

Do you still post anywhere with the Maximum Grilled folks any more? I looked for you guys a few times.

• 2 weeks later...

MGS is still out there but fell apart in terms of member visits and the format of the board. Jonzr ran the board and he just disappeared about a year ago. I think he is okay and all but I don't know why he left. I keep up with some of the old posters like finny via social media

Went to the Honeygo location today. Nice place. Reminds me a lot of the Mt Airy Liquors I like; nice selection of beers, offer growlers/fills and customer service was good. Left with a Victory Cream Ale w Cold Brew Coffee and Sweetwater The Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA. Both are very nice

I keep seeing that Victory Cream Ale...I may take a stab at it.

Found 2017 KBS and that stuff was on point. No longer in circulation though.

I frequent a lot of places in Frederick. That Mt Airy Liquors is a good spot though.

I go to Orion in Urbana or Franklin's in Ijamsville. There is a place across from Wegmans in Frederick that I have been to a few times; can't remember the name. Orion has good customer service but I always expect their selection of Maryland beers to be better; sales person had no idea what Calvert Brewing was. Orion does bring in some really nice breweries for tasting and also partners with the Maryland Surf House up the block; awesome restaurant with great selections on tap. Franklin's has awful customer service. But a convenient stop off Frederick/Urbana Pike.

Mt Airy Liquors has the best selection of Maryland beer that I have come across. Customer service is excellent. Pricing is really good; got a 15 pack of 21st Amendment Hell or Highwatermelon for $16.49. I pay $13 for a six pack at Franklin's.

If you ever get down to Damascus, stop by the Hornets Nest Grille. Locals kind of place with lots of local beer on tap. Good food too.

MGS is still out there but fell apart in terms of member visits and the format of the board. Jonzr ran the board and he just disappeared about a year ago. I think he is okay and all but I don't know why he left. I keep up with some of the old posters like finny via social media

Went to the Honeygo location today. Nice place. Reminds me a lot of the Mt Airy Liquors I like; nice selection of beers, offer growlers/fills and customer service was good. Left with a Victory Cream Ale w Cold Brew Coffee and Sweetwater The Walking Dead Blood Orange IPA. Both are very nice

It was a good group of people. I miss Finny and PensOdyssey. I was goofing off with PensOdyssey years ago on the NHL boards.

I have been enjoying Double D Double IPA by Dominion Brewing. It's good but 8% so it's been a starter beer for me.