ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice vs Adrian Peterson

GrubberRaven

The thing that screwed Rice just as much as the video was the timing of the installation of Juan Castillos ZBS. That first year (rice's final year) the ZBS was dog crap. Everyone assumed Rice was finished and had too much mileage although he was still young. He couldn't hit the hole, couldn't break tackles, averaged like 3ypc. What no one other than Ravens fans recognized was that Bernard Pierce struggled just as much. The line play was crap. Insert Zuttah, Wagner, and a full offseason of ZBS and all the sudden journeyman Forsett who is less talented than Rice is leading the league in YPC. I'd love to see Rice get a shot on a roster in Kansas City right now

Side note about Peterson - while what he did was terrible, he was and always will be a far better player than Rice. Adrian Peterson is the best Running Back that I have ever watched (30 years old). His power, vision, agility, top end speed and initial burst of acceleration is absolutely incredible and super human. No other RB could tear an ACL and rush for 2000 yards less than one year later. I know i'm riding his jock here but he is in my top 3 all time favorite players

Rice is not in the NFL. But Peterson is! Does not make sense does it?! :cryin1: IMHO, I think both you should never,at all be abusive toward a woman or a child especially.

Initially, like 52, I believed that Rice's final year performance was more due to system issues than his decline, however now I am not so sure. We've seen with Greg Hardy that there are teams out there that will sign players with far worst transgressions if they believe those players can help them win. Videotape or not, I think there have been enough injuries and underperforming RB's that Rice would have received at least a tryout if teams thought he had anything left. At one point the Browns and possibly the Bills admitted to having internal discussions about bringing on Rice. I'm thinking they went back, looked at Rice's last year on tape, and figured he was truly done.

Peterson punished how he was punished. He didn't know that wasn't the way to do it. Also timing was bit in this. Ray happened in Feb and the punishment was slow to come out just before the season. Then the vid came out and blew the league and teams carefully laid plans to waste. Ultimately Ray has been scapegoated like I said a yr ago he would be.