ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Unimpressive Win...but it's a win.

vmax

Once again the defense worked hard to make sure the Colts remained in the game.

The absence of QB pressure and secondary coverage reminds me of years past.

That was basically the league's worst offense and defense that the Ravens made to look respectable. It's a blowout if they make those interceptions. "If's and But's"

I'm not feeling good about this upcoming game with the Bengals. They have had the Ravens number for a long time. They lost the season finale to the Bengals the last 2 years...27-10 and 24-16. They were swept in 2014.

And now after a horrible season, the Bengals have one game that can leave them with a good taste. Knock the Ravens out of the playoff hunt. I mean, here's another prime opportunity for the Ravens to disappoint and they seem to relish that role.

Let's see how the Bengals do today vs the Lions. They maybe gearing up. They have nothing to lose. Marvins Swan Song. Yada, Yada, Yada....

"Do De Do Dee Do. All Day To Throw."

122317_colts-ravens-brissett-pass-1q-ap_

Once again the defense folds late in the games, late in season. If not for the refs wanting this to be a quick game and holding their flags, this might have had a different outcome.

Once again the offense drives the field, then Marty gets cute inside the redzone with trick plays, leading to field goals..

Yes, they won, on a holiday week end, but it was a must win game for them and we did not see a must win effort.

Coaching....

Yep, ugly win, nasty weather and lots of empty seats - not exactly playoff atmosphere - especially driving 4 hours to the game. But we got us a ugly W and who knows where this leads - this season or next ?

Here's the thing - we've got a piecemeal OL, no legit WRs or at least playmakers, decent TEs, serviceable but not great RBs and a QB who is putting up average numbers with little supporting cast. Imagine Joe with the Steelers weapons. Give Joe and healthy line, a stud back and cadre of receivers, then what ?

Here's the thing no 2- why is it the Stteelers get their asses handed to em by Jac at Heinz, lose to the Bears, squeak by and win a cone from behind at Indy, and everyiones posture including the media is " well the Steelers got the W, or they just play down do the competition, or good teams just find ways to W even when they play bad"

Why does everyone, including this board and the media hold us to a different standard ? Why are we bums when we eke out a victory against a woeful Colts team but the Steelers who were way luckier than us to win are somehow okay and get a mulligan.

How does that work; anyone got an answer ? .

Why does everyone, including this board and the media hold us to a different standard ? Why are we bums when we eke out a victory against a woeful Colts team but the Steelers who were way luckier than us to win are somehow okay and get a mulligan.

I'm not really sure. We'd all like a dominant well run machine of a team but we do not have that this year, and that's been obvious for a while. So to be upset or discouraged that this team is not playing like one is odd to me. What we do have is a patchwork team with a lot of holes that is in the playoff hunt in the final week of the season. That's kind of impressive. Its a fun thing, or it should be. Win or lose next week they kept things interesting for the entire season and so many other teams did not.

Yep, ugly win, nasty weather and lots of empty seats - not exactly playoff atmosphere - especially driving 4 hours to the game. But we got us a ugly W and who knows where this leads - this season or next ?

Here's the thing - we've got a piecemeal OL, no legit WRs or at least playmakers, decent TEs, serviceable but not great RBs and a QB who is putting up average numbers with little supporting cast. Imagine Joe with the Steelers weapons. Give Joe and healthy line, a stud back and cadre of receivers, then what ?

Here's the thing no 2- why is it the Stteelers get their asses handed to em by Jac at Heinz, lose to the Bears, squeak by and win a cone from behind at Indy, and everyiones posture including the media is " well the Steelers got the W, or they just play down do the competition, or good teams just find ways to W even when they play bad"

Not only was that a good summary of the quality of the current team it also raises the point that Ravens fans don't like or respect this year's edition of the team. The Steelers and Pats have a bad game and get a pass. The Ravens have a bad game and get jumped on and some fans don't show up for games that are already paid for.

Now, I will be the first to agree that this year's team is no better than the best of the mediocre and below. I do not feel this team is playoff worthy. No WR's that scare the opponents, average running attack, average defense and most of all, until lately, an offense that is less exciting than watching paint dry. Add to this the fact that most of the fans are jaded. There's been such a long run of really good Ravens teams and stars that the current falloff of the last 3 years has a lot of people jumping off a cliff.

They really, really, need to draft a true offensive super skill player this year who brings excitement to the team. They ideally would also add another one of that description by free agency.

I'm sorry to see the empty seats in the stadium but I also understand why people aren't showing up and giving this team a pass. We as fans have to stay loyal even in down years and down periods. Otherwise, we're just making ourselves ready for the next big team relocation when Bisciotti sells.

A lot of teams with something to play for were disappointing yesterday. Bills, Dolphins, Falcons, Packers, Lions, Titans, Broncos, Mexico's Team.....

Then there's the abysmal Browns, Giants and Jets.

We don't have it that bad. They have been playing meaningful games in December.

That's all that I ask for...to be in the Hunt. Of course I want to see the Ravens win these games.

What frustrates me the most is this injury bug that has been haunting this team for a long time. It takes away the ability to develop a really good team. you have the pieces, you fill the holes and then the bottom drops out. Many teams are suffering from it, especially the teams that have lost their starting QB's. when that happens it's like your season is over.

A lot of teams with something to play for were disappointing yesterday. Bills, Dolphins, Falcons, Packers, Lions, Titans, Broncos, Mexico's Team.....

That's all that I ask for...to be in the Hunt. Of course I want to see the Ravens win these games.

What frustrates me the most is this injury bug that has been haunting this team for a long time. It takes away the ability to develop a really good team. you have the pieces, you fill the holes and then the bottom drops out. Many teams are suffering from it, especially the teams that have lost their starting QB's. when that happens it's like your season is over.

It's a sport, it's supposed to be fun - a distraction. I want the team to be great every year but it doesn't work that way. If you're only happy when the team is great then you're setting yourself up for a miserable experience and probably an early death.

I expected 6-10 or 8-8 this year so I'm happy. I don't think they will do anything in the playoffs (if they make it) but I hope they do and I will enjoy watching them.

Spen, like yourself, I had us at 8-8 or 7-9. So, we overachieved and are very fortunate to have had a winning season. Given the mediocre talent and the lack of playmakers, not to mention the unprecedented number of injuries, it's a miracle we've come this far.

If we are fortunate enough to get in the playoffs, I'm not expecting much but just watching this team and seeing what can happen without any stars or elite players. Just a team.

For now, I'll kick back and enjoy one more game and who knows maybe wel'll punch out ticket to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

Yeah the other mediocre teams of the NFL. If you run with the crap you are crap.

The injuries have to be laid at Harbs feet now. This is 3 yrs in a row.

It's a sport, it's supposed to be fun - a distraction. I want the team to be great every year but it doesn't work that way. If you're only happy when the team is great then you're setting yourself up for a miserable experience and probably an early death.

I expected 6-10 or 8-8 this year so I'm happy. I don't think they will do anything in the playoffs (if they make it) but I hope they do and I will enjoy watching them.

I guess you can call it the good fortune of playing a really easy schedule. The teams they played just sucked this yr except for the few who were good. They were humiliated by many of them. I predicted 7 wins. I didn't know the whole league was going to crap the bed this yr.