ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If you could upgrade one position on the Ravens roster, what would it be?

papasmurfbell

DE. A game changing pass rusher, but this guy may be on the roster...

So...for this year, definitely RT.

Give Joe time, like the playoff run, and he will tear a D apart.

Looks like the Ravens have defense this year, so get Joe a line.

I grasp that. The one thing is many qbs that are paid like that can carry a team. Joe is unable to do that. Also look at the question. IF you COULD upgrade one position...? If they could pluck Joe off the team and throw in a better one I think the team would be 3 wins better or so.

I grasp that. The one thing is many qbs that are paid like that can carry a team. Joe is unable to do that. Also look at the question. IF you COULD upgrade one position...? If they could pluck Joe off the team and throw in a better one I think the team would be 3 wins better or so.

No way.

For example the Saints have been stuck on 7 wins a year since 2014 with Brees.

It's been 7 years since Rodgers won a Super Bowl....playing in a weak division.

11 years since Rothslxxssbrrrgrrr won one...well...his team won in spite of him....and the Refs helped out alot.

Matt Ryan would be worse than Joe behind our line and receivers. Ryan has always had a ton of talented playmakers around him. They made him.

So they carried their teams...Where?

Maybe you should go to those boards and question why they keep those high priced QB's.

Lose Joe and the Ravens are back to QB's like Boller, Wright and Jeff Blake. The Big Crapshoot. The Ravens had excellent defenses and special teams with those guys and could not capitalize on it. I do not want to get back on that carousel ever again.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I rest my case.

CrowdApplauding.Gif

Edited by vmax

Oh I didn't know Brees played D. Does he coordinate that side of the ball too?

Sorry, Max had you there. You said other qbs with salaries that high carry a team. Max showed you, only one qb has carried his team and that is Brady.

Brees, Rogers, Ryan, Rothlesburger, Romo, Rivers, Manning, etc have cap killing salaries that limit building a complete team. So unless replacing them, up grading them by cutting their salary means they win 10 plus games and go onto a Super Bowl, bob's your uncle.

Joe does not have the stats, true, but he did what only 1 other has done on his way to a Super Bowl win and, when he does get to the playoffs, he has put up the stats. This, with crap for receivers, ala Brady, unlike all of the aforementioned highly paid quarterbacks who carry a team to 7 or 9 wins and sitting home in January...

Oh I didn't know Brees played D. Does he coordinate that side of the ball too?

And Joe doesn't play O line, WR or RB.

It might sink in, but I doubt it.

And neither does Brees but he produces like crazy. He takes dudes much like Brady does and gets them to produce. Joe is not even close to that. He has had talent in the past and still not shined.

He got Jacoby Jones and Torry Smith to put up biggest numbers in their respective careers and neither of them is good, let alone average. Even Pita is a decent tight end but not one of the best. Yet he also had a nice career here.

Where are any of the other formsr Raven wide outs? Joe won a Super Bowl with garbage wide outs, made the play offs how many times and won, with them?

What would Pitta done with Brees or Brady? Actually probably less bc Joe only likes to throw to Pitta. Both Smith and Jones had to make big time adjustments to get the throws to them bc Joe is so inaccurate. But I point to SS or Q. Their product action went down with Joe. So now you think Q is garbage?

Fwiw - Joe's always been a good to very good ( not great) QB who is overpaid like all other franchise QBs. When the planets align - all the offensive pieces fall into place - like in 2013 Joe can be awesome esp in the playoffs. When the O and its pieces go to crap, so goes Joe.

Like em or not, thats Bazooka Joe since we drafted him in 2008. Nothing more, nothing less.

FWIW2- We are damn lucky to have him yet continue to give him less and less to work with - from coaching the players around him.

The beat goes on......

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000809063

6) Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens - $22,133,333

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/233992/stacking-nfls-highest-paid-players-by-position-after-free-agency

1. Andrew Luck, Colts ($24.594M APY, $87M guaranteed)

2. Drew Brees, Saints ($24.250M APY, $44M guaranteed)

3. Kirk Cousins, Redskins ($23.944M APY/guaranteed)

4. Joe Flacco, Ravens ($22.133M APY, $62M guaranteed)

So if Joe is good when everything is basically perfect then he should take less money to allow so the money can make things around him perfect. But he takes so much money and that robs Peter to pay Joe. That makes it so the talent around him is lacking.

I think the Ravens would have been in a better position trading him after the SB. Their cap would have been in a better position now.