ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suggs makes the list

vmax

I will never question his heart...hope he can stay healthy because he's a key to this defense....

Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs cracked the 100 highest-paid athletes in the world for this year, coming in at No. 96.

According to Forbes, Suggs' total earnings is $17.6 million in 2014. A large chunk of that comes from an $11 million bonus that he received after signing a four-year extension in March. This deal brought his career earnings with the Ravens to $89 million.

Suggs, 31, is the Ravens' all-time sacks leader with 94.5, but he's had tough back-to-back seasons. He missed half of the 2012 season after tearing his Achilles tendon. Last season, he started off strong before finishing with one sack in his final eight games and a reduced number of snaps.

On the world's highest-paid list, Suggs ranks right behind Australian golfer Adam Scott ($17.7 million in earnings) and ahead of Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall ($17.5 million).

Undefeated boxer Floyd Mayweather tops the list with $105 million in total earnings. The highest-paid football player is Atlanta Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan ($43.8 million), who ranks No. 10 on the list. Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Geno Atkins ($22.4 million) was the highest-ranked player in the AFC North at No. 53.

This is the first time since 2011 that the Ravens didn't have a player ranked in the top 15 on this list. Defensive tackle Haloti Ngata (No. 12 in 2012) and quarterback Joe Flacco (No. 13 in 2013) were among the highest-paid athletes in the world in the years they signed their lucrative contracts.

Terrell-Suggs-Feels-Pretty.jpg

I'm worried about him. The falloff was very sudden and lasted through the last half of the season. Either he was 1) hurt, 2) age is catching up to him, or 3) he lost the desire to go all out. I don't think it was 3). I don't remember any talk of injury so that leaves reason 2). Any other potential reasons he fell off the table?

I think it was the lack of fire from a lot of the players.

No Ray Lewis maybe?

KnotHead didn't play to good either.

And it seem that Dumberville was lost?

Well, the defense was not the 'unleash chaos' one we've seen for many years. Lack of fire--- not Suggs because he started off in Pro Bowl form, then faded down the stretch. Maybe the others were guilty of that though. They'll be tougher this year. And hungrier.

He may have doen what many NFL stars do. Fallen off the planet. Shawn Alexander is the one that really comes to mind. But instead of Alexander who fell apart in the off season Suggs could have been done mid season. I expect more major injuries, less power in his moves and continued fall off. They should have tried to trade him and if they could find no takers cut him and move on.

He may have doen what many NFL stars do. Fallen off the planet. Shawn Alexander is the one that really comes to mind. But instead of Alexander who fell apart in the off season Suggs could have been done mid season. I expect more major injuries, less power in his moves and continued fall off. They should have tried to trade him and if they could find no takers cut him and move on.

Disagree, not with this D thats on the roster this year, no more doubling Suggs, We have speed, Doom has a year under our belt, I expect tri fold improvement from the D

The D was horrible last year and for that matter the SB year too..It starts with Ngata and his crew, not only did they not get pressure up the middle, they couldnt stop the run up the middle either.

They will this year, Crave, I promise you. That D line and back ups can play.

The D was horrible last year and for that matter the SB year too..It starts with Ngata and his crew, not only did they not get pressure up the middle, they couldnt stop the run up the middle either.

You love to be so critical of our defense, but if not for a our defense last year we would not have been in alot of those games. i know we were one of the worse time of possesion teams in the NFL. thats on the offense. our defense was 11th and 12th against the run and pass , what was our offensive ranks? i can guarantee they are worse. Your criticism of the defense is just another way you groupies try to defend Flacco. our defense was much more respectable last year than our offense. so if our defense was horrible last last than our offense was horrible squared.

You love to be so critical of our defense, but if not for a our defense last year we would not have been in alot of those games. i know we were one of the worse time of possesion teams in the NFL. thats on the offense. our defense was 11th and 12th against the run and pass , what was our offensive ranks? i can guarantee they are worse. Your criticism of the defense is just another way you groupies try to defend Flacco. our defense was much more respectable last year than our offense. so if our defense was horrible last last than our offense was horrible squared.

We were 11th & 12th respectively, last year, but thats what .atleast for me, not what we/I am used to seeing..Going from top 5 to 11th & 12th they might as well of fell to 32nd

The D was pretty good last yr. They still had issues getting off the field at times but much better.

our defense was respectable to me. they were not horrible as some of our own fans are quick to say. 11th and 12th in the first year of rebuilding is great! to me. they were put in situations at the end of games where they needed stops so the offense could get back on the field and try to make a game winning drive and didn't get it done. but how many times at the end of games did we have a lead and they blew the lead? if the offense had put up more points and given us more leads in the 4th quarter and we blew the leads i could see saying that our defense was pretty bad. but the phase of football on this team that was horrible was the offense.

We were 11th & 12th respectively, last year, but thats what .atleast for me, not what we/I am used to seeing..Going from top 5 to 11th & 12th they might as well of fell to 32nd

^^^^^ see, this right here makes me wonder about you sometimes Craven. so 11th and 12th might as well be 32nd.

our defense was respectable to me. they were not horrible as some of our own fans are quick to say. 11th and 12th in the first year of rebuilding is great! to me. they were put in situations at the end of games where they needed stops so the offense could get back on the field and try to make a game winning drive and didn't get it done. but how many times at the end of games did we have a lead and they blew the lead? if the offense had put up more points and given us more leads in the 4th quarter and we blew the leads i could see saying that our defense was pretty bad. but the phase of football on this team that was horrible was the offense.

agreed.

A rebuilding team that lost 5 starters and people expect it to be top 5. That is fan idiocy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense/year/2012

2012 20th in rush and 17th in pass. They were ranked 17 total. To me that is a marked improvement. Just shows how fans have a short term memory.

We seemed to follow a pretty steady pattern throughout the year in most games (not all but it felt like most)

The Defense comes out hot and plays well to start the game.

Meanwhile the offense looks asleep at the wheel.

We go in at the half with a close scoreline.

The offense starts the 2nd half much better and seems to get a bit of momentum going and we take the lead entering the 4th.

Defense starts to get tired from the Q1-Q3 work and starts to give up scores.

The offense keeps us in it in the 4th until the defense finally shits the bed at the end of the game.

If we make 2 improvements this year: The offense comes out hot in the 1st and the D keeps up it's effort for 4 quarters then we go 14-2. If it's much the same then we go 8-8.

agreed.

A rebuilding team that lost 5 starters and people expect it to be top 5. That is fan idiocy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense/year/2012

2012 20th in rush and 17th in pass. They were ranked 17 total. To me that is a marked improvement. Just shows how fans have a short term memory.

Just call me spoiled

We seemed to follow a pretty steady pattern throughout the year in most games (not all but it felt like most)

The Defense comes out hot and plays well to start the game.

Meanwhile the offense looks asleep at the wheel.

We go in at the half with a close scoreline.

The offense starts the 2nd half much better and seems to get a bit of momentum going and we take the lead entering the 4th.

Defense starts to get tired from the Q1-Q3 work and starts to give up scores.

The offense keeps us in it in the 4th until the defense finally shits the bed at the end of the game.

If we make 2 improvements this year: The offense comes out hot in the 1st and the D keeps up it's effort for 4 quarters then we go 14-2. If it's much the same then we go 8-8.

You nailed it!

The D needs to get off the field on 3rd down and hand the ball to the offense. 14-2! :gorave:

Terrell Suggs reported to Ravens mandatory minicamp looking like a G.I. Joe again – same as last year.

But there’s no hiding that Suggs is getting older. Suggs finds himself on the wrong side of 30, when NFL pass rushers’ production regularly starts to taper off.

The bombastic linebacker, seemingly for the first time, talked about his age on Tuesday, and how he plans on dealing with it going forward.

Onlookers question how much he has left as he enters his 12th season.

“I feel great to be totally honest with you,” Suggs said. “If you think you’re old, you’re going to train old and then you’re going to perform old. I’m 31, but I feel like it’s Day 1 for me. I just get to go out there and have fun. I think it’s all in the mindset.”

He’s coming off a season in which he notched nine sacks in the first half of the season and just one in the second half. The second half of the season was no picnic. Suggs’ production tailed off, along with those of outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil across from him. The Ravens missed the playoffs for the first time since 2007.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Older-Terrell-Suggs-Want-To-Finish-Stronger/9cef4792-c6ba-4b9b-b652-1ab2d061e772?mobile-id=831452&media-type=N