ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Red hot Seat

vmax

And then just when I'm ready to move on from Joe, I read this:

"“He’s one of the toughest guys that I’ve played with, or maybe the toughest,” veteran Pro Bowl guard Marshal Yanda said. “You never see him limping around, never see him on the field showing any signs of weakness. He’s just been a rock for us for more than a decade.”

from this link....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/john-harbaugh-hopeful-joe-flacco-can-play-sunday

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/95964/rebound-or-rebuild-ravens-face-breaking-point-as-franchise

This offseason, the Ravens can create $46.4 million in cap space for new general manager Eric DeCosta, who replaces Ozzie Newsome. Seven of Baltimore's eight highest salary-cap numbers are held by players 30 or older: Flacco ($10.5 cap savings), cornerbacks Jimmy Smith ($9.5 million) and Brandon Carr ($5 million), guard Marshal Yanda ($7 million), safety Eric Weddle ($6.5 million), wide receiver Michael Crabtree ($4.6 million) and safety Tony Jefferson ($3.3 million). That doesn't include moving on from Suggs, who is in the final year of his contract.

That is a nice chunk of change.

Like VA said...Yanda is still an above average guard. I have not read anything largely negative on him. He brings leadership and continuity. He could be more of a reserve guy next year.

I'm fine dropping everyone else.

Losers of three straight games, the Ravens (4-5) are no longer facing a make-or-break point for their season. Sunday's game has the power to change the direction of one of the most stable franchises in the NFL..Losing to the Bengals could eventually lead to the Ravens' third major rebuild in franchise history. In 2002, the Ravens underwent a salary-cap purge by releasing 10 players, including two future Hall of Famers (safety Rod Woodson and tight end Shannon Sharpe). In 2013, Baltimore became the first reigning Super Bowl champion to part ways with eight starters, including linebacker Ray Lewis, safety Ed Reed and wide receiver Anquan Boldin......This offseason, the Ravens can create $46.4 million in cap space for new general manager Eric DeCosta, who replaces Ozzie Newsome. Seven of Baltimore's eight highest salary-cap numbers are held by players 30 or older: Flacco ($10.5 cap savings), cornerbacks Jimmy Smith ($9.5 million) and Brandon Carr ($5 million), guard Marshal Yanda ($7 million), safety Eric Weddle ($6.5 million), wide receiver Michael Crabtree ($4.6 million) and safety Tony Jefferson ($3.3 million). That doesn't include moving on from Suggs, who is in the final year of his contract............http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/47286/rebound-or-rebuild-ravens-face-breaking-point-as-franchise

Nice article by Hensley...........Rebound or rebuild: Ravens face breaking point as franchis

Got to love Harbaugh's approach and attitude about all this outside speculation....

The hot seat has never sizzled more during Harbaugh's 11-year run in Baltimore. Harbaugh, though, has never been more calm, cool and comedic....Asked if he told his players that they entered last year's bye at 4-5 and ended up controlling their playoff destiny, Harbaugh said, "I might have mentioned it -- I might not have. I can’t remember. I was on a roll with the guys! I was on a roll. What’s the scene from ‘Animal House?’ Remember? When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ‘Leave him alone, he’s on a roll.’..."It’s just noise. It doesn’t matter. It means nothing," Harbaugh said of reports about his pending end in Baltimore. "It’s not something that I’m going to think about or concern myself with. Neither are the players, neither is Steve [bisciotti, team owner], neither is Kevin [byrne, executive vice president of public & community relations] or Ozzie [Newsome, general manager,] or anybody else. You know what we want to do as an organization? We want to win -- that’s what we want to do. We want to win. We’re fighting as hard as we can -- coaches, players –- as an organization to win. That’s it. All the other stuff -- who cares?"...http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/47307/cool-on-hot-seat-john-harbaugh-not-sweating-the-pressure

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25590015/john-harbaugh-remain-baltimore-ravens-coach-next-season

John Harbaugh to remain Baltimore Ravens coach next season

The Baltimore Ravens will retain coach John Harbaugh for next season and possibly beyond, the team announced Friday.

"John Harbaugh will continue as our head coach for the 2019 season, and he and we are working on an extension to his existing contract, which expires after the 2019 season," a Ravens statement said.

Steve is now the Snyder of Baltimore.

I dont understand the timing of this move at all.

Why wouldnt the team have waited until after tomorrow night or the final game to make a decision.

How does this look if we end up 8-8 which is quite possible.

Not a fan of the decision, at least not right now.

I can't believe it either! A stupid move right now. What's next...keeping Joe and his high cap numbers???

Hmm, then who is the stupidest, most childish, and insecure fan Washington has so there is a comparison to you?

I mean I'm sure few dc or any other fans would claim they are an asshole because someone was mean to them 10 years like you do, I personally have never seen anyone as sad as uou but there has to be a comparable.

I dont understand the timing of this move at all.

Why wouldnt the team have waited until after tomorrow night or the final game to make a decision.

How does this look if we end up 8-8 which is quite possible.

Not a fan of the decision, at least not right now.

Because they think the problem is lack of talent and not coaching? And they play hard every week?

• Upvote 1

The timing is perfect. Very happy to read this.

Steve wants this distraction out of the way on the eve of their biggest game and....he does not want to lose Harbaugh. I feel the same way and have posted my reasons.

It is a huge crap shoot finding a good HC who is a leader, motivator, communicator, great face of the franchise and can stand the test of time. One word describes him; Relentless.