ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Browns

vmax

So how will the Ravens offense fare against the worst defense in the NFL that surrenders 30.3 points a game?

The Browns are next to last as a rushing defense, giving up 146 yards per game. Can the Ravens crack 75?

Baltimore-Ravens-Fans-.jpg

I heard a stat the other day. The Ravens, shocking to me, have the 5th oldest roster in the league, the Browns, one of the youngest.

Recovery, as the talk show host stated, is hard enough over a week for an older player. More difficult on just a few days.

Ravens are favored by 10, they jave a hard enough time scoring 10 pts, let alone winning by that much. They haven't won by more than 8 in over a year... Vegas must want to really entice gamblers on this one..

Browns by 13...

Well, as always - depends on who the heck shows up. Nothing this team does surprises me anymore. We could win by 20 or lose by the same margin.

All I want to see is:

1. To pound the dang rock against this 31st ranked run D.

2. Stay committed to the run all night.

3. And Joe doesn't throw in Haden's direction.

If we do the above, we have a chance to win. If we don't, we'll feel like HRC and Kaine did yesterday AM.

Remember....the Ravens D shut the Browns out for 3 quarters.

That's their big hope to pull out a win.

Defense and special teams.

What's the over/under on Ravens penalties?

They had 10 last week. Almost 100 yards.

"It gets tougher every week that you don't get a win," Browns left tackle Joe Thomas said. "As those loss totals stack up, it is more difficult to be positive."

Here are the predictions for Thursday night's game:

Pat McManamon, ESPN Browns reporter: The Ravens are coming off a game when they stifled Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers' powerful offense. The Browns are coming off a game when they scored 10 points and had 28 yards in the second half against a so-so Dallas defense. The Ravens are playing meaningful games with playoff implications. The Browns are trying to avoid the first 0-10 start in team history. They won't. Ravens, 23-13.

Jamison Hensley, ESPN Ravens reporter: The Ravens are nowhere close to hitting their stride, but they are getting a Browns team that's looking more toward the future than Week 10. The Browns have been outscored by 105 points, rank 31st in total defense and are starting rookie quarterback Cody Kessler instead of Josh McCown. The Ravens haven't beaten a team by more than one score in almost two years. That ends Thursday night. Ravens, 27-10....http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/31533/prediction-ravens-expected-to-roll-over-winless-browns

I heard a stat the other day. The Ravens, shocking to me, have the 5th oldest roster in the league, the Browns, one of the youngest.

Recovery, as the talk show host stated, is hard enough over a week for an older player. More difficult on just a few days.

Ravens are favored by 10, they jave a hard enough time scoring 10 pts, let alone winning by that much. They haven't won by more than 8 in over a year... Vegas must want to really entice gamblers on this one..

Browns by 13...

I love being wrong.

Well, as always - depends on who the heck shows up. Nothing this team does surprises me anymore. We could win by 20 or lose by the same margin.

All I want to see is:

1. To pound the dang rock against this 31st ranked run D.

2. Stay committed to the run all night.

3. And Joe doesn't throw in Haden's direction.

If we do the above, we have a chance to win. If we don't, we'll feel like HRC and Kaine did yesterday AM.

Well, we did 2 out of 3 ... sort of. If we stayed a bit more committed to run and Joe eschewed Haden, we win by 30 or 40 points.

But shoot, its a double digit W and I'll dang sure take it.

Next up, big D !

2-1 margin in yards and almost the same in time of possession.

Penalties went down to 6. That makes a hug difference.

Ran the ball 34 times. That's good. 3.5 ypc...not good...but the O line is decimated.

2 costly interceptions...that cost points....not good.

Hey....it was an enjoyable win. Great night for fans at the stadium. Loved the uniforms.

Loved Steve Smith coming out of the tunnel bringing "The Power of Ray." :gorave:

Loved Suggs one arm domination of Joe "Very Good but Over rated" Thomas.

The D was in control the whole game. Weddle cost them a shut out.

Tucker....totally dominant.

Hey...Perriman had a very solid game. He looks more determined than ever to make the play.

Wallce is one fast dude.

If Joe can get his act together and "if" the line can get healthy, then this team will take off.

That's 2 huge "If's"

and "Oh Shit!"...I forgot to add that was against the worst defense in the NFL.

Edited by vmax

If Joe can get his act together and "if" the line can get healthy, then this team will take off.

That's 2 huge "If's"

and "Oh Shit!"...I forgot to add that was against the worst defense in the NFL.

The O-line is having trouble even when they're healthy.

Joe will never be consistent.

And yes, the Browns are pathetic.

Now, if we beat Dallas that will be saying something.

Looked to me like Joe is not throwing timing routes, not anticipating his receivers getting open or where the window of the zones were. It appeared he was just throwing to the openan. 31 of 40 is awesome, but for less (barely) than 300 yards not very food.

So is it the way the plays are called? No timing routes, or is it Joe not trusting the receivers to be where and when they should be?

Take the first pick, Smith not only gave up on the play. but did not get to the spot where the ball was, and should have been, thrown. On another deep route by Smith a series earlier, perfectly thrown ball but he also stopped the route short and ended up diving for the ball..

Was Smith having issues finding the ball last night?

Is Joe right not to trust his receivers? Is this the issue slowing down the offense? Keeping the yards per play down?

not sure if he was just being a stand up guy or if he was being honest... but Smith said that Int on the deep ball where he stopped was completely his fault. I Liked how Joe talked about how lonely it is being the guy throwing an interception when the offense is moving. Not sure I've ever heard him taking like that.

So for yrs every WR has to come out of their break before the ball is gone but that never happened? I have been talking about Joe not throwing WRs open for yrs.

I never said every receiver did I? Not every route is a timing route, not every qb throws on time, look at Rogers this year, far off his normal game.

But when receivers are not getting to the top of their routes on time or getting seperation on time, you start to not trust them.

For decades we have talked about these receivers getting their timing broken from press coverage, this is the main cause of qbs holding the ball too long or throwing picks...