ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I think Art made a huge mistake firing Bill

papasmurfbell

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/01/30/thomas-dimitroff-atlanta-falcons-scott-pioli-dan-quinn-super-bowl-2017/97264936/

Yet they converged again. Pioli and Dimitroff were with the Patriots when they won back-to-back Super Bowls following the 2003 and 2004 seasons and for the near-perfect campaign in 2007, when a 16-0 regular season was followed by a Super Bowl loss. Pioli goes back to the beginning of Belichick’s tenure with the Patriots, following him to New England from the New York Jets after previously working for him with the Cleveland Browns.

How much braintrust of the FO did he lose when Bill left? Add in everyone else that has left since coming through the Ravens FO and maybe there is just to little talent there to make the good personnel moves.

You're just coming to that conclusion now?!

But not much braintrust loss at all. They drafted Ogden, Ray, Boulware, Sharper, Starks. McAlister...a ton of good picks.

They made a mistake passing on Brady too....like every other team did ...6 times.

But it would have been nice to have Belecheat.....that's a lot of Super Bowls.

it's probably best this way. Having Belecheat in Baltimore with all those Super Bowl Rings would be way too hurtful for Browns fans to handle.

Except I predicted the contract would be a disaster. Now look at all the ppl who think Joe is overpaid. I said first the Ravens would regret the Rice contract and also that he really hit her and I was being told she slipped or something. What happened for real? I seem to be pretty on point on these issues bc I don't look at them through a purple haze.

Wow, during yesterday's pre pre game festivities they did a piece on how matty melt was almost a Raven..We offered our ENTIRE 2008 draft to the Rams..Rams countered with the entire 2008 picks plus pick#2 in 2009 draft.

Glad the front office didn't pull that trigger.

But the brain drain might not have happened. Maybe after being here for a yr or 2 you fire him. But you keep the FO staff around.

Maybe this or that doesn't replace 2 Super Bowl titles in 20 years. Sure, the Pats have won plenty in the past 10 years but again, there is no way of knowing if the staff stays the same or makes the same moves here in Baltimore. Art was out of money, couldn't evwn afford a practice squad. The owner plays a huge role and yes, I would take Kraft over the Biscuit.