ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

• 1 month later...

Bernie is really closing the gap in California. If he wins the state he has a chance to create some major waves at the convention. Not even Obama beat Hillary in California. I hope California's quirky rules for independents voting in the primary isn't the difference in a close election.

so let's recap

gays think it's about them

towel head travels twice to Syria since January.

towel head purchased ak15 last week

towel head calls FBI last night and says he's part of Isis.

now there's activity in California...

Yeah, why would homesexuals think it's about them? Crowded gay bar during pride month shot up by a guy who apparently got upset by seeing two guys kiss....

Hey, do we know if any corporations were killed in the attack last night?

Do you know how hard it would be to close up the Florida-US border? It's impractical. Otherwise I don't have too much of an issue with that plan.

It's not impractical when you have a time machine. Then, you can stop the whole procreation of this American citizen.

giphy.gif

Nothing good ever comes from shutting borders. To use a nice pro gun argument, you think the people who want do bad things are going to follow the rules?

Meanwhile, this guy was, you know, already here... US citizen and all...

Also, I've seen no reporting he'd ever been to Syria. But I did just read this saying he didn't actually know which groups were which in Islam.

How about instead of closing borders, we just act on intelligence... Interviewed twice for potential terrorist sympathy? Maybe let's not let him but a gun. Why does it have to affect anyone else?

Omar Mateen may not have understood the difference between ISIS, al-Qaeda and Hezbollah

http://wapo.st/1sCLIYH

Ok here is an out there idea. It looks like they are going to dump Trump in Cle. The signs are almost to neon point now. His ppl are so incompetent that you don't know how many of his delegates are actually loyal to him or not. So who do they pick? Everyone who ran was not liked so I think they have to choose someone who didn't run. Also someone with a short history that they can't dig up a ton of dirt. So I was thinking that answer would be here. Hogan has done a pretty good job so far. He is polling as the most liked Gov in MD in almost 20 yrs. Also he is not likely to win re-election with the demos as they are here. Is this isea totally insane or does it have merit?

Ok here is an out there idea. It looks like they are going to dump Trump in Cle. The signs are almost to neon point now. His ppl are so incompetent that you don't know how many of his delegates are actually loyal to him or not. So who do they pick? Everyone who ran was not liked so I think they have to choose someone who didn't run. Also someone with a short history that they can't dig up a ton of dirt. So I was thinking that answer would be here. Hogan has done a pretty good job so far. He is polling as the most liked Gov in MD in almost 20 yrs. Also he is not likely to win re-election with the demos as they are here. Is this isea totally insane or does it have merit?

It's a better idea than anything else out there. Hogan helped himself out a lot saying he isn't voting for Trump. I think Republican governors like Hogan and Brian Sandoval (who also refused to endorse Trump) are likable because they take a pragmatic approach and stay out of social issues. IMO the national party and a large portion of its voting base is so out of touch with reality that candidates in the mold of Hogan or Sandoval would be pressured into conforming to the national party lines, which is very unfortunate. If it makes sense, Priebus and the party will likely do the opposite.

Man, what a crazy day: Brexit voting, Supreme Court rulings on immigration and affirmative action, shooting/gas attack in Germany, the Congressional Sit In, Baltimore officer court verdict...

I don't think they dump Trump.

Part of what bothers me about the party system is how many people I know who are Republicans and love(d) Hogan who say they will not vote for him because he won't back Trump. Who cares? Do you think he has done a good job in your state? Then who cares who he does or doesn't endorse on the national level. It takes guts to go against the party.

I have voted for Democrats and Republicans but admit I am more liberal but even I think Hogan had done a decent job and will probably vote for him next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Part of what bothers me about the party system is how many people I know who are Republicans and love(d) Hogan who say they will not vote for him because he won't back Trump. Who cares? Do you think he has done a good job in your state? Then who cares who he does or doesn't endorse on the national level. It takes guts to go against the party

Precisely, but it shouldn't take guts. You're supposed to be aligned with an ideology, with an idea, with good policy... not with a team. It's infuriating.

Paul Ryan continually saying he hates Trump but at least he's not Clinton? It's the definition of forgetting what you're there to do and who you are. It's winning the battle knowing you will lose the war.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...