10 pros pick our #17

Oldschool739

Baltimore Ravens' mock draft roundup
April, 2, 2014
Apr 2
11:00
AM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

A look at what the national media is predicting for the Baltimore Ravens with the 17th overall pick:

Don Banks, Sports Illustrated
Posted: March 18
Pick: Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
Banks' comment: "Pryor plays the more physical game [than Ha Ha Clinton-Dix] and also has that Ed Reed-like quality of always being able to find the football. Even with the selection of safety Matt Elam in the first round last year, Pryor gives Baltimore a potential impact player in the defensive backfield, and helps offset the expected subtraction of free-agent safety James Ihedigbo."

Bucky Brooks, NFL.com
Posted: March 25
Pick: Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
Brooks' comment: "Gary Kubiak's arrival in Baltimore will change the core traits the Ravens' personnel department looks for in offensive linemen. Martin's athleticism, balance and technical skills are ideal fits for the Ravens' new zone-based blocking scheme."

Charlie Campbell, Walter Football
Posted: March 26
Campbell's comment: "The Ravens spent last year's first-round pick on a safety, but they'll strongly consider doubling up if they can get Calvin Pryor. Darian Stewart is currently favored to start next to Matt Elam, and he was a Rams' cast-off. That should tell you how dire the situation is."

Charles Davis, NFL.com
Posted: March 18
Pick: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
Davis' comment: "Not a need pick, but too talented to pass up if he lasts this long."

Doug Farrar, Sports Illustrated
Posted: April 1
Farrar's comment: "What we do know is that the team wants to move 2013 first-rounder Matt Elam to strong safety, leaving it in the lurch when it comes to deep coverage. Pryor, who I actually like a bit better than Clinton-Dix, is physical in the run game and can handle everything from slot duty to center field. He’s not quite as fast as Earl Thomas, but he plays with a similar disregard for his own body -- and the bodies of his opponents."

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network
Posted: March 20
Jeremiah's comment: "The Ravens took a safety in the first round last year, but they need another one after the departure of James Ihedigbo in free agency."

Pat Kirwan, CBS Sports
Posted: March 28
Pick: Ra'shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Kirwan's comment: "The Ravens lost Arthur Jones in free agency and Haloti Ngata isn't getting any younger. It's hard to find 6-6 defensive linemen who can line up anywhere along the front."

Ourlads' Scouting Service
Pick: Zack Martin, OT, Notre Dame
Ourlads' comment: "The Ravens need help at center, guard and tackle. Martin fills one of the three positions. He projects inside from left tackle. He will get a chance to play on the edge first because he uses his hands well and is an efficient pass protector. Intense and focused. Good body control and balance."

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports
Pick: Ra'shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Prisco's comment: "They lost Arthur Jones, so they take a bigger replacement."

Rob Rang, CBS Sports
Posted: April 1
Pick: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama
Rang's comment: "The Ravens plan to shift last year's first round pick, Matt Elam, over from free safety to strong safety. Clinton-Dix boasts the range and ball-skills to complement him. The tandem would give the Ravens the formidable duo in the deep patrol to handle the explosive passing offenses of the AFC's powerhouses."

Looks like Calvin Pryor is the fav pick....I like it, he is said to have the ballhawk ability like Ed and very physical...

My sentiments exactly. HaHa?

His real name is Ha'sean Clinton-Dix......HA HA is his nickname because he is a happy go lucky personality..

UPDATE: Alabama's Ha'sean Clinton-Dix enjoys return to home sweet Florida

Alabama freshman safety Ha’sean Clinton-Dix has become the epitome of his nickname. The big-smiling, fun-loving, laughing-with-life kid from Eatonville has a charming, magnetic personality that has won people over his whole life.

pixel.gif
pixel.gifThat’s why they call him Ha-Ha.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-10-03/sports/os-recruiting-hasean-clinton-dix-returns-florida-alabama-20111001_1_florida-gators-gator-bait-ben-hill-griffin-stadium

I watch a lot of college football, love it and I must say Calvin Pryor is going to be an excellant safety, would love to see him as a Raven. However, I think he could be and will be had in the 2nd, a bit early for him. I also doubt a DT is the pick at 17. I don't think Ebron will be there and as I have said before, tight end, like receiver is deep, not much seperates Ebron from the others, but yes, if he is there and there are no good trades, take him.,

A bit early for Martin too, he is a 20 or lower tackle, good right tackle me thinks, not a starting left tackle in the NFL and Dicks, no way he is there at 17, even if he was, I am not convinced.

I truly think the Ravens trade down, I know, they get a lot of comp picks, one in the 3rd, which is great, but they stil need more picks this year, or even next year. If they could get another 2nd round pick for 17 to move down to the late 20's that would be best, or a 2nd and a 3rd next year to move out of the first. This draft is deep right where the Ravens need the help, save for left tackle, barring a hidden gem and left tackle worth taking in the first will be long gone by 17. There are some small school players not covered by these types of draft gurus who are going to be stars with the right coaching and the chance to play in the NFL.

Trading down would be great but the news this year is that other teams aren't willing to trade up because the draft is supposed to be so deep.

To me it's coming down to a choice between Martin and Dixon. Pryor belongs more in the second round.

I really hate giving up on a WR or TE at 17, but the other needs might be greater.

That is not possibel. BPA is completely subjective. One mans trash is another treasure. So one team can have a guy rated at 75 and the other at 35.

You mean like how the Brownies squandered all their 1st round picks for the past decade?

His real name is Ha'sean Clinton-Dix......HA HA is his nickname because he is a happy go lucky personality..

UPDATE: Alabama's Ha'sean Clinton-Dix enjoys return to home sweet Florida

Alabama freshman safety Ha’sean Clinton-Dix has become the epitome of his nickname. The big-smiling, fun-loving, laughing-with-life kid from Eatonville has a charming, magnetic personality that has won people over his whole life.

pixel.gif

pixel.gifThat’s why they call him Ha-Ha.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-10-03/sports/os-recruiting-hasean-clinton-dix-returns-florida-alabama-20111001_1_florida-gators-gator-bait-ben-hill-griffin-stadium

This ain't an audition for Disney this is the nfl,