ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game showed how deep Ravens are

TBird

The silver lining of this game is that it shows how close Ravens are to the best,

a team likely to be in the Super Bowl. It was just 1 play short and a trick play

at that of going to the AFC Championship game.

Fans are crying about lack of defense and lack of a WR but think about this.

When Ravens started camp this summer they had the most talent on paper

this side of Seattle.

Our secondary was set with two good corners until Webbie went down and

then Jimmy followed by a ton of guys that replaced them and at other positions.

They pick up a guy off the street who wasn't even playing football and almost

went to the AFC Championship game while beating Piss for the first time

in the POs and in Pissburgh. It took a trick play to win in the end.

The future looks bright as Ozzie will add even more depth in the next draft

as Ravens go for 7th of 8 playoffs and the Super Bowl.

I really like this kid Hurst, I heard a blurb, 2 playoff games not 1 holding call on him.

Our tackling skills or lack thereof better get better by next season we gave up a ton of yardage after the catch yesterday because our dbs think they can just hit a guy high and he will go down. They scored 2 TDs on missed first attempt tackles.

Melvin missed tackles and Elam needs to learn how to wrap up or go play elsewhere....

Matt Elam's tackling problems continued into the postseason. The 2013 first-round pick missed two tackles in the first half, including one that allowed Amendola to tie the game at 14 in the second half. Elam led the Ravens with 18 missed tackles this season.

Safeties are the last line of defense. If they can't tackle then they shouldn't be allowed to play.

• Upvote 1

They still need depth in the secondary, Web is an injury waiting to happen, Smith is apenalty and big pay day waiting to happen. No safeties, once again. One who can't cover and can't stay on scheme. another who can't cover and can't tackle; both draft picks.........

Need another line backer, D Smith is likely done at his age. The jury, for most, is still out on Mosely, who can't cover......

Yes, the offense needs wideouts and a legit athletic tight end. The question is, will the front office adress these needs to think they can go even further with the group they have? T Smith showed why he should either not b back or be back at vet minimum. He can't find the ball, can't make a play on the ball, properly. Two plays last night showed this clearly to all. One ended up drawing a penalty and being caught at the one, leading eventually to a touchdown even after his ridiculous pentalty. The other, ended the game.

Yes, they surpised me this year, well over played their skill set and I hope the front office realizes this and makes the changes needed. Just imagine this offense with a legit number one like Odell Bekham, or a real athletic tight end in the likenes of Julius Thomas....

Of a defense with a real safety who can tackle...... Out of all the mess that was the secondary, I think they have found their nickle and dime corners, now just to find legit back up corners for Smith and Webb..... :gorave:

I really like this kid Hurst, I heard a blurb, 2 playoff games not 1 holding call on him.

Our tackling skills or lack thereof better get better by next season we gave up a ton of yardage after the catch yesterday because our dbs think they can just hit a guy high and he will go down. They scored 2 TDs on missed first attempt tackles.

Hurst is a keeper for sure. For once in a long, long time, this offensive line is set with very good, young talent and depth that is also good and young. Hats off to them for finally finding legit offneisve linemen.

What I don't get is Elam when playing for Florida would knock the snot out of receivers ala ed reed, have not seen that carry over to the NFL.

Receivers in the NFL are stronger in the lower body, are taught how to prepare for those hits, how to avoid them and stay on their feet. Same foot same shoulder works 99.9% of the time. Elam is a bust.

T, the jury has reached a verdict with Mosley, pro bowler, droy candidate, he will only get better. We found our next Ray Lewis

Maybe, he still can't cover, is late to get into his drops and is only a candidate because of stats laregly gained down field where a better tackling safety or two should be making the tackles. His gets lost in the wash and is out of position often, perhaps that is youth, maybe not I fear,,,,, Hey, I hope I am wrong, just like with this season and even last night's game, makes being wrong so much better,,,, :yeah:

Hurst was quite a find and so was Urschel. What depth.

Mosley made some plays last night. Look at the tape. He was in on

some tackles, last week two. Coverage has been a weakness and

was written up in his scouting report. Stan White said there were

a couple of plays where both he and Smith were confused but for

the year overall, Mosley was a great.

He won DP of the month twice and made pro bowl as a rookie

so you cant knock him too much and those coverage probs can

be coached up. We went deep in the POs.

He was hardly the reason we lost.

I remember Elam's first pre-season game when he was like a

heat seeking missile then he just stopped. He's too busy learning

the pro game. It takes time. The pro game is so much faster as

we saw last night with BRady's quick snap count. He was throwing

the ball in less than 1.5 seconds in the 2d half. That's why

the sacks and pressures stopped. It made the game faster an

SD beat the pressure the same way. They saw the tape.

Elam just needs more time.

More time? He couldn't cover in college, he didn't learn the play book in college, was always out of position in college, missed a lot of tackles in college, and now has done all of that in two years of the pros.... They will keep him to the end of his contract I am sure, he can be a good back up when or if they get desperate........... Brooks is not much better, but at least he has one less year, I think he too will be a bust as I have said when they drafted both of them and there is no evidence to show other wise.

He's had enough time to at least learn to tackle well and demonstrate he has cover potential.

As good as our defensive line was this past season, remember we have Kapron Lewis-Moore and Brent Urban coming back. You have to love the way Ozzie has rebuilt the offensive and defensive lines. So much depth!

And something tells me our first draft pick will be another pass

rusher-lol.

Like pitching in baseball, you can't have enough of them. ;)

As good as our defensive line was this past season, remember we have Kapron Lewis-Moore and Brent Urban coming back. You have to love the way Ozzie has rebuilt the offensive and defensive lines. So much depth!

Lewis-Moore, dam that kid was a beast at Notre dame, if he can stay healthy?