ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Patriots

vmax

It's not Sanity Claus coming to town.

It's the Ravens coming to Foxborough on their team bus.... :gorave:

float.gif

fp7skKZ.gif

That was from the Ravens website Funny Pages...good stuff....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Funny-Pages-Meet-The-Team-Nobody-Wants-To-Play-/391ef5f3-7795-469e-a2f8-64222a033419

There's been a lot of good articles written and discussed about this game.

The Bart Scott meltdown. Rex calling that time out. Cundiff. Lee Evens.

The more you research the history the more bizarre it gets....and this adds up to something to really look forward to.

For me, what's important is the Ravens have a good defense. Not great, but they can take a step in that direction by having a great game against Brady.

With defense you can go into any NFL stadium with a decent chance to win.

The Ravens have that chance.

So the offense woke up last week and everybody's getting excited. I'm "Hopeful from Missouri."

Well here comes the big test because the Patriots are just as stingy as the Ravens when it comes to giving up points...17.3

But I really am excited about this game...and the Ravens chances at pulling off a win. :gorave:

I hope so Max. I'm getting a good vibe about the game because we're pretty much all healthy and because of last week's showing where I think the Offense and Marty learned a few things.

Our defense is good enough to win it with Gronk out. Wish we had more of a running threat though. We need to chew up time to keep Brady and Co. off the field.

To be successful Monday night, we have to come into Foxboro screaming like banshees and taking no prisoners.

The D needs to suffocate Brady and Blount; while Joe and the O need to bring A game and keep its foot on the pedal for 60 minutes.

Oh, did I say we gotta kick butt !!!!!!!!

Not saying they can't and not saying they won't.

Hate to say this but I will cause it is true, they always find a way to cheat.

Never ever have a seen where a player cried and bitched well after the play was over and get the flag he wanted.

Never ever have I seen a coach bitch that they didn't get a call but before the next play is ran he gets the flag he wants.

Lets take the refs out the game, take the NFL out of the game and go play this on a high school field

you guys have a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy *** in Gilette

pats are hurt and you have their number anyway

the football gods were very kind to the ravens this year so far

• Upvote 1

Freezing cold with snow likely. Like that Denver playoff game.

January Joe weather! :gorave:

Win or lose...I took Tuesday off.I can't work on 2-3 hours of sleep.

The O lines healthy. It's on them.

D line??? Brady better get rid of that ball fast or they will feast on him.

When I look at the match up, game location and weather, this really looks like a "Finding ways to win/ways to lose" kind of game.

Penalties, turnovers, sloppy play, missed tackles, loose footing....all will be a factor.

To win, the Ravens have to come in like this....

ali_liston_655.jpg

:gorave: spock-funny.jpg :gorave:

Flacco said last week that other teams are intimidated by playing the Patriots in Foxborough -- but not the Ravens. That starts with Flacco, who is one of four quarterbacks to win multiple games at Gillette Stadium in the Tom Brady era (since 2001).

In his last six games there, Flacco has averaged 236.8 yards passing and has thrown 13 touchdowns, which are the most by an opposing quarterback there in the last eight seasons. Since 2009, Flacco's 92.6 passer rating at New England is higher than Peyton Manning's (91.2) and Andrew Luck's (48.8).....http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/32377/overlooked-reason-in-joe-flaccos-turnaround-an-anniversary-nobody-remembered

Edited by vmax

Yeah Flacco's bark was bigger than his bite last night. The Ravens need to seriously re-evaluate this offensive philosophy of letting Joe carry the offense. Joe didn't play poorly yesterday but the scheme failed him. Why continue to throw when it was clear NE was dropping so many into coverage?