ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kiss this Season Good-Bye "IF"...

vmax

"IF"....the Ravens score 3's instead of TD's.

"IF"....the Ravens can't rush for 4.0 ypc.

"IF"....the Ravens O line can't protect Joe and give him time like last week.

"IF"....the Raiders are in the game in the 4th quarter.

c9YkGTx.gif

I think the Raiders are a better team than last year and Del Rio is a good HC.

OH...Forsett injured his shoulder last Sunday.

Ravens did not have the lead until the middle of the 4th quarter. And then blew it. I place most of the blame on Flacco for this loss, Too many bad throws underthrown or overthrown cost us at least two, maybe three touchdowns and the win. It was a digraceful loss. I can for some reason accept a lackluster offensine performance, but a bad defensive performance really hits me hard. They need to turn this train wreck around immediately. We will beat Cincy however. We have to.

A familiar pattern to last year is developing. It seems as if week to week one of the D, O or Special Teams alternate between looking amazing to shitting the bed. This week it was the D's turn to not turn up. I expect a Special Teams fiasco next week. Then maybe we will win a few games before the problem arises again.

Play like a Raven these days means only turning up for 10 or 11 regular season games I guess.

Is it too early to start my annual "Fire Dean Pees" thread?

32 of 45 384 yards 2 td you cant pin this loss on Joe, the loss is squarely on jimmy smith and Webb,and the rest of the d they played like crap the entire game

I agree that the D was horrible, but Joe missed on some key throws that would have won this game.

A.) Under throws a wide open Aiken for a missed TD.

B.) Under throws to a 6'6" Waller on a lob to the end zone.

C.) Over thrrows to a wide open Steve Smith in the end zone.

I'm a big Joe fan myself, but let's call it like it was.

A familiar pattern to last year is developing. It seems as if week to week one of the D, O or Special Teams alternate between looking amazing to shitting the bed. This week it was the D's turn to not turn up. I expect a Special Teams fiasco next week. Then maybe we will win a few games before the problem arises again.

Play like a Raven these days means only turning up for 10 or 11 regular season games I guess.

Is it too early to start my annual "Fire Dean Pees" thread?

NO, it;s not. I was never a fan of Pees.

32 of 45 384 yards 2 td you cant pin this loss on Joe, the loss is squarely on jimmy smith and Webb,and the rest of the d they played like crap the entire game

Agree. Every QB will miss a few throws in a game but overall he was solid.

JImmy Smith, Webb were piss poor. The DL stunk. No pressure. And the LB's weren't setting the team on fire either. The defense played without any fire yesterday. The only guy who was jacked up was Smith, Sr.

I blame the coaching for that and probably staying out on the road for 2 weeks.

I said this along time ago when Flacco signed that contract, it's always going to be Flacco fault when we lose. you're not suppose to over throw SSS in that situation at the end of the game. Thats why you get paid the big bucks, i could care less about Joes stats, he has had games where his stats didn't look as good as yesterday but his play was much better. Stats are misleading and anyone using his stats from yesterday to justify not pinning this loss on him is a just a Joe Jock rider.

The Defense gave up 37 points.

Let that sink in.

Oh!...to a team that couldn't get past the 50 until the 4th quarter last week!

This loss has nothing to do with Joe Flacco or the offense.

They scored 33!

They did their job.....well.

I said this along time ago when Flacco signed that contract, it's always going to be Flacco fault when we lose. you're not suppose to over throw SSS in that situation at the end of the game. Thats why you get paid the big bucks, i could care less about Joes stats, he has had games where his stats didn't look as good as yesterday but his play was much better. Stats are misleading and anyone using his stats from yesterday to justify not pinning this loss on him is a just a Joe Jock rider.

Nice, insult people just because they disagree with you.

Smith sr could easily have toe tapped, he has done it before, receivers do it every week end, on that last touchdown pass, high as it was. Just like the week before, Smith sr dropped a game winning touchdown pass; maybe he should bring his lunch box to practice so he can practice a little more......

On the pass to Aiken that was under thrown, Flacco had to back up while throwing because he had a man in his face. Had he not backed up, his arm gets hit ball flounders and is likely picked off...

Do you know how to watch a play? Or just follow the ball?

The defense forced how many punts? 2, two, TWO punts the entire game.

The Raiders were:

2 of 3 in the red zone coverting to touchdowns.....

9 of 14 (64%) on 3rd down.

The Ravens had 10 penalties, 10, 2 on the last drive, one of them for 15 yards, the other, bogus, but still called.

So it is Flacco's fault the jump ball to Smith sr was called early in the 4th quarter? Or that they tried it again, this time on the other side?

That knowing the tight ends would have a great day, when one was already having a great day, when one of their safeties could not tackle because of injury, that the play calling, especially in the red zone, did not include any, none, nadda, zip, plays that involved matching up either of the 6'-5 tight ends?

You are entitled to you opinion, one play does not win or lose a game, but one 3rd down stop inside of the final two minutes of the game certainly would have.....

We put 33 points on the board, what more do you want from the Offense? Has nothing to do with jock riding Joe, he put us in position to win, the defense had the last say and they blew it.

I agree that the D was horrible, but Joe missed on some key throws that would have won this game.

A.) Under throws a wide open Aiken for a missed TD.

B.) Under throws to a 6'6" Waller on a lob to the end zone.

C.) Over thrrows to a wide open Steve Smith in the end zone.

I'm a big Joe fan myself, but let's call it like it was.

Steve Smith catches the ball in the EZ last week and the Ravens D doesn't get hit with 30 TFS of fouls on the last drive and the secondary stops a marginal QB and the Ravens are 2-0.

Joe took a beating game 1 Bc of shitty OL play and the D was awful against he run and worse against the pass on Sunday.

Flacco not the problem.

Agree. Every QB will miss a few throws in a game but overall he was solid.

JImmy Smith, Webb were piss poor. The DL stunk. No pressure. And the LB's weren't setting the team on fire either. The defense played without any fire yesterday. The only guy who was jacked up was Smith, Sr.

I blame the coaching for that and probably staying out on the road for 2 weeks.

The lack of pressure from the DLline was shocking. Especially after watching them harass Peyton the week prior. Carr played with total confidence the entire game. The tackling is pathetic. It's too the point now when a receiver catches the ball I already expect a missed tackle.

Exactly, it's almost time to start thinking of a contingency plan for this guy , at least for the season . This perennial empty cupboard of viable WRs really hamstrings this team and offense.

I mean I'm watching this horrible New York jet Offense last night and at least they had the presence of mind to pick up a Brandon Marshall or at least some legitimate receiver off the market. Where's the veteran receiver who could have shown the young guys the ropes ? Was the AnlQuan Bolden experiment so bad that it will not be repeated again?

Are we back to the Pre- Q days when the FO finally figured Joe needs toys around him? Last I checked, when Joe has legit toys he's pretty damn good.

Double cover Steve Smith.

Beat Ravens.

The end.

Not really, they tried that in the first half, reason Crocket, Monster, Gilmore got open often. In the 2nd half, they doubled Gilmore which left the otehr receivers, along with Smith sr, one on one.

This is what puzzled me through out the 2nd half. Since the line was basically having no trouble with the Raiders pass rush, why not use both tight ends down the seems, on deep crossing routes and use Smith and Camp under neath where they would then have the room to run after the catch. The Raiders were hitting Gilmore off the line, right away, then mathching him up in man with a line backer. This not only slowed the rush from that side, but left a hole if Gilmore had a decent route to run other than they quick out, or shallow cross....

Sometimes coaches out coach them selves, Tresman did just that, especially in the red zone.....

It should be interesting to see what game plan he uses against the Bengals... So far, I am not impressed with his play calling...

Since Joe historically lays an egg vs the Bumgles - Leon Hall is a big nemesis along with

pac man.- we have to run the damn ball down their throats and pass in key spots. If Joe slings it all around and we abandon the run, game over.

And our D has to suffocate A Dalton all game.

I'd like to see Smith and Pac Man go at it.

Dalton as a young lad....

6782613_std.jpg