ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Merged: Michael Sam

vmax

I also don't buy the "too short" argument about his career in college. I guess that at least a quarter of the guys in the league made their name on one season in college. Some great some duds.

Again, not arguing that the guy is a guaranteed pro bowler, but just that some of the "obvious" reasons he couldn't possibly be good.

But only because he's gay, right, Cleetz? That's the only reason anyone would have interest in him.

Sorry I haven't been following the topic, so I don't get it. All I know is our pass rush was terrible on Sunday, I don't think Sam could do any worse. His upside as a rusher might he worth the risk even if he can't play special teams and only plays on third downs.

Sorry I haven't been following the topic, so I don't get it. All I know is our pass rush was terrible on Sunday, I don't think Sam could do any worse. His upside as a rusher might he worth the risk even if he can't play special teams and only plays on third downs.

It was a joke, not at your expense. :)

• 11 months later...

Looks like the saga is over. After stepping away from the Candaian team last month, he comes back to play for one game and quits again..... He says the "pressure" is too much for him "mentally".....

What pressure? The pressure he brought on him self by doing all the shows, by agreeing to a Mike Sam show with Opy?

By making up claims he was drafted low only because he is gay?

Or the pressure to make it in the CFL since he clearly was a great college player whose talent was not good enough for playing at the next level...

Maybe he can go to an indoor team..........

Looks like the saga is over. After stepping away from the Candaian team last month, he comes back to play for one game and quits again..... He says the "pressure" is too much for him "mentally".....

What pressure? The pressure he brought on him self by doing all the shows, by agreeing to a Mike Sam show with Opy?

By making up claims he was drafted low only because he is gay?

Or the pressure to make it in the CFL since he clearly was a great college player whose talent was not good enough for playing at the next level...

Maybe he can go to an indoor team..........

I'm sorry it bothered you man. I'm glad you can finally put this behind you and move on.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry it bothered you man. I'm glad you can finally put this behind you and move on.

Bothered me? Not so much the right word. What "bothered me" as I said on page one was his abuse of being gay to cover up his lack of will power, his lack of NFL talent. Then for him to blame his drop in draft stock on his coming out when it was clear to those who know the game, he was not an NFL player. This pretty much sums it all up. No guts, no talent. I do hope the best for him in what ever he does.

Bothered me? Not so much the right word. What "bothered me" as I said on page one was his abuse of being gay to cover up his lack of will power, his lack of NFL talent. Then for him to blame his drop in draft stock on his coming out when it was clear to those who know the game, he was not an NFL player. This pretty much sums it all up. No guts, no talent. I do hope the best for him in what ever he does.

Well clearly I was wrong. I'm sorry it didn't bother you so much. Now you can put it behind you and move on.

• Upvote 1