ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NFL TV Ratings are Down.

vmax

I think it's a combination of factors, but for me there is simply too much sloppy football.

Parity has made this a weak game. I really have no interest watching other teams play.

I find college football more entertaining.

The league's average TV audience through Week 5 of the 2017 season dropped 7 percent vs. the same period of the 2016 season, according to Nielsen data obtained by Sporting News. Worse for the league, the average game audiences are down 18 percent compared to the first five weeks of the 2015 season....The NFL's average TV audience (including Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, Monday night and Thursday night games) slid to 15.156 million viewers through Week 5 of the 2017 season. That’s down 7.42 percent from an average of 16.371 million viewers through the same period of the 2016 season, and 18 percent down from the average of 18.438 million viewers through the first five weeks of the 2015 season.....The numbers indicate some fans have discovered there’s more to life than watching the NFL on fall Sundays. The question now is: Can Goodell and the league get them back?...https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-tv-audience-numbers-continue-to-decline-early-in-2017-season/ar-AAtjtDv?li=BBnba9I

College games are more exciting, there is less drama and as you said, the NFL games are terriblely played.

Those are the reasons I watch less NFL games than I used to, add to the fact that for a simple cable contract with no special packages, I can choose from up to 8 different games on at each time of college compared to just 2 (pending ravens , redskins games) for the NFL.

I haven't watched MNF, SNF or TNF in years unless the Ravens are playing. Last Nights Eagles/Panthers game sounds like it was a good one, but I can't stay up that late. I have to work and it's just not worth being tired all day.

I follow the NFL almost everyday here and on the internet. As a hobby it chills me out, gives me a little break.

Yeah. The kneeling has nothing to do with it.

I agree man. The kneeling only bothers bigots and people uncomfortable with minority athletes standing up against systematic oppression.

Fuck bigots.

Edited by Spen
  • Upvote 1

I think the product on the field is about as good as it's ever been. There have always been good games and bad games each week. And injuries. I wouldn't listen to Max about anything besides boxing, maybe not even that anymore.

But I really don't think any large amount of people are staying away because of the protests.

I suspect the ratings will be comparable to other seasons when the year is over.

The penalties may be a concern, especially the ones for player safety. I want to see a hard rough game but I don't want to see players getting terrible injuries frequently and I don't want the majority of players to have brain damage in 20 years. There are always going to be injuries, short term and long, but the league needs to do what it can to protect the players.