ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Any The Walking Dead Fans?

Robjr83

I just don't understand the need to slow everything down. I could have watched an entire episode of that first 5 mins where they get ambushed. Call the Episode Escape and Evade and have the 3 of them battling to get away from the Wolves and avoid the Walkers. End the episode with them thinking they are finally safe as they approach Alexandria only for that WTF moment as they turn the corner and see 10,000 walkers between them and the gates.

I don't have a problem with the show only having progressed 2 days. I just have a problem with how it has been handled. I want to see a Siege on Alexandria. The walkers coming from one side and the Wolves from the other whether the action is happening where Darrell/Abraham/Sasha are at or the action is happening at the walls of Alexandria. You can still develop the characters as you go. I don't see the need to show 1 episode for each. Skip between the 2 during each episode.

To be honest, I think some of the pacing of the show is starting to find it's way into the comics and the writing has been poor. They have some great concept material but the pacing and dialogue is sucking and that could be part of the problem with Robert Kirkman working on both the show and comic.

With that said, I'm still going to watch/read because the concept material they have coming on tv and the comic is still working for me even if the story telling isn't quite hitting the mark.

Let me know when you get to issue 100. :)

The one where at the end they hear a loud noise and you see a full panel close up of Rick's face, then on the next page there is a giant walker coming that is as big as a house? That what you mean?

Oh, spoiler alert.

And...? Did you weep????

I just thought of something...what if the cliff hanger at the end of this season is Negan picking someone, off camera, and you see the whole action and beatdown, but never know who it is?

Yeah, overall, I think it was a waste of eight episodes.

And now that I've read the comic up until the introduction of Negan, the ending of this episode just felt really cheap. I probably would be frustrated right now, if I didn't know how this is supposed to turn out.

Same here. I thought it was kind of a mess.

"They knocked over the sculpture!"
More CGI balloons.
Opening three minutes with "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" and kid coloring while CGI ants eat his cookie.
How long did Rosita, Tara, and the supposedly smart Eugene sit there before they thought about going into the house? It was the same house the others were in? Wow!.

Have walkers ever gone up steps before?

Burying the other scene in the first commercial break of the next show is just garbage.

Same here. I thought it was kind of a mess.

"They knocked over the sculpture!"

More CGI balloons.

Opening three minutes with "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" and kid coloring while CGI ants eat his cookie.

How long did Rosita, Tara, and the supposedly smart Eugene sit there before they thought about going into the house? It was the same house the others were in? Wow!.

Have walkers ever gone up steps before?

Burying the other scene in the first commercial break of the next show is just garbage.

Yeah, so much lame stuff. Why was Eugene using a lighter to read. It was plenty bright in that garage.

Why did Coral cover up for stupid Ron? I was promised a bad-ass Coral.

I refuse to watch Into the Badlands for any reason, AMC. Stop it!

The whole delivery of the show is a social experiment.

lol. In self-torture!

I only read to issue 100 of the comics. I don't want to jump ahead. I think it would ruin my tv watching experience. I'd probably hate the show.

• 2 months later...