ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flacco done for Season. Forsett too.

vmax

The Ravens won today's game as time expired, but they lost quarterback Joe Flacco for the rest of the season with a torn ACL and possibly a torn MCL.

He played the final two drives with the knee injury and put the Ravens into position to win. The Ravens also lost top running back Justin Forsett earlier in the game to a broken arm.http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-rams-nfl-week-11-20151122-story.html

BALTIMORE -- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco suffered a season-ending knee injury on the winning drive of a 16-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams.

Flacco tore an ACL and perhaps another ligament just before Justin Tucker's 47-yard field goal, coach John Harbaugh said. He played the entire game, limping on the final plays.

"It was a courageous effort by Joe at the end," Harbaugh said.

Matt Schaub will quarterback the Ravens for the rest of the season. Flacco and Forsett join wide receiver Steve Smith Sr., linebacker Terrell Suggs and first-round pick Breshad Perriman as key Ravens players who suffered season-ending injuries.http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14196807/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-torn-acl

Schaub......I would love to have Taylor now.

Yea....the haters get to see what a drop off it is and how there's really no hope to go anywhere with 2nd tier back up QB's.

There's a ton of Foles and Keenums out there.

Ken Weinman@KenWeinmanSport 6m

6 minutes ago

When #Ravens play the Browns Sunday they will do so without their starting QB, RB, #1 WR, Center, and (prob) LT. Should be

fun

Should be fun ? What the hell does that mean?

Yeah, If your a Raven or Art Modell hater or something.

Whatever happened to responsible journalism?

Never mind.

“I’m probably still in shock a little bit,” Flacco said after the game. “You play football and you play as long as I have and you play as hard as we do out there, then stuff like this happens. You have to just stand tall and be tough about it. That’s all you can do. I think that’s the way I am about everything in my life, and I’m not going to be any different this time.”http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flaccos-Season-Over-With-Knee-Injury/bc20a00b-a825-402d-a77a-31c1f84a6ab6

Ken Weinman@KenWeinmanSport 6m

When #Ravens play the Browns Sunday they will do so without their starting QB, RB, #1 WR, Center, and (prob) LT. Should be fun

And Ravens will probably still win. The last time it took a bad call from the officials when their

WR dropped the ball but scooped it up and it was called a TD which was the difference in

the game.

The next day at practice 80% of the team couldn't suit up due to injuries and they still took

Cleve to OT the day before while injured.

On the Forsett hit, it was last years DROY, Donald who broke his arm when he hit him.

He beat Mosley out for the honors by just 7 votes but is playing even

better this year while MOsley slumps but he has less tackles because of D Smith next

to him tacking so many away.

BTW, nfl.com called Donald and Brandon Williams two of the best pockett rushers in

the game as Donald knocked out Forsett and Brandon held last year's best RB in the

draft, Gurley, to 2.3 yards pr carry.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000585439/article/loss-of-flacco-forsett-overshadows-ravens-victory

Really bad news about Joe and I hope he's not out for a full year, but that is quite likely.

If he was ever going to get injured, this was the season to do as someone else pointed out.

That first round pick of ours just might be a QB if we draft high enough. Bad, since we needed so many other positions too.

Sure has been a depressing year.

All we need now is for Steve to sell the team!

Haven't been around much this year. Life is just too busy. But when I heard I thought about everyone here. Dang, and I thought my Steelers were snakebit in the injury department this year. To lose both players in the same game . . .

Here's hoping they all come back strong next year.

• Upvote 1