ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Matt Flynn ......... Anyone?

rastaman831226

Yup actually I do. How many teams have a back-up they'd be willing to hand the reigns over to?

That's the dumbest response I've ever read. Even the pitiful Raiders refused to keep Schaub on their roster. Why would we sign this bum to a 4 million dollar contract? You'd better hope and pray Flacco does not get injured this year for it will surely be curtains for a winning Ravens season.

That's the dumbest response I've ever read. Even the pitiful Raiders refused to keep Schaub on their roster. Why would we sign this bum to a 4 million dollar contract? You'd better hope and pray Flacco does not get injured this year for it will surely be curtains for a winning Ravens season.

This is true for any of the past seasons if Joe goes down. It would be curtains. It's a very tight race to make thje playoffs. It takes everything the Ravens have with to make it each year.

My reaction to when the Ravens signed Schaub.....0036837_2988_MC_T.jpg

When you lose your confidence as a QB you are done in this league.

But he's a Raven now and homer fan that I am I want to give him a chance. He had some very good years in Kubiaks offense until the wheels fell off the cart.

I was pleased with Schaubs performance Thursday night. He looked better than any past backup QB's for Joe. Especially in the 1st quarter playing against the Saints 1's on defense. Other than Campanaro, his receivers could not break open. He had a make shift line that struggled run blocking but the pass protection was serviceable.

The interception was typical Schaub of the past 2 years.

If they could get Renner to plant and throw so he can get some zip on his passes, I might be ok with him over Schaub. He showed grit on that final drive. He didn't quit, get desperate or fazed. But he must throw more bullets and strikes and be able to throw deep before I risk the run to the playoffs on him. Right now I go with the experienced vet who knows the system. That's Schaub, for good or ill.

Arguuing with this guy is an effort in futility. It's like explaining something to a child, a very young one at that. He's not real bright and is wrong about most things Raven football related.

Donald Trump appears. It all makes sense now. Sorry I stopped in to see how the Ravens discussions were going... Apparently all the same.

If Schaub can continue to do as well as he did Thursday, I have no problem paying $2.0 million. It's like having insurance. And like Max pointed out, and based on only 1 game, he's better than any other backup we've had except for Bulger.

Let's see how he does from here out. I don't think Ozzie would have signed him if it wasn't a smart move. I'm willing to give the guy a chance.

Donald Trump appears. It all makes sense now. Sorry I stopped in to see how the Ravens discussions were going... Apparently all the same.

Oooooooooo. You took a vacation then came back with nada - bupkus - nothing. You shoulda come back with something - anything about Schaub, but naaaaaw, that was too much to ask.... apparently some things will never change. You need another vacation.

If Schaub can continue to do as well as he did Thursday, I have no problem paying $2.0 million. It's like having insurance. And like Max pointed out, and based on only 1 game, he's better than any other backup we've had except for Bulger.

Let's see how he does from here out. I don't think Ozzie would have signed him if it wasn't a smart move. I'm willing to give the guy a chance.

Sorry 82, but bad insurance is bad insurance. It is what it is. 31 other NFL teams know this - why not us. And please don't bring up Mark Bulger. He was a disaster in waiting, immobile, shot QB who, fortunately for us, never saw the field. Flacco is a lot older than he was during the Bulger backup year. Joe Flacco is likely much more vulnerable than he was back then. Why oh why would you bring in a dirtball Turn Over King as backup and potential starter? That's waaaaaay too much of a gamble.

Oooooooooo. You took a vacation then came back with nada - bupkus - nothing. You shoulda come back with something - anything about Schaub, but naaaaaw, that was too much to ask.... apparently some things will never change. You need another vacation.

I think you read that wrong. I came back. Read one thread. Found it filled with hate and personal attacks. And am still disappointed that this is what any decent football question devolves into around here these days.

• Upvote 1

Any decent backup is going to a club where he can fight for a starting job. Schaub made the best sense with his WCO background. Unless Oz waste a high draft pick on a project than you're stuck with guys who couldn't cut it.

I think you read that wrong. I came back. Read one thread. Found it filled with hate and personal attacks. And am still disappointed that this is what any decent football question devolves into around here these days.

What are you? A hausfrau, a soccer mom, or a 14 year old girl? Hint: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If this is all too much for your oh so delicate sensibilities - just go away. Your ground shaking contributions won't be missed at all. Begone.

Any decent backup is going to a club where he can fight for a starting job. Schaub made the best sense with his WCO background. Unless Oz waste a high draft pick on a project than you're stuck with guys who couldn't cut it.

Oh, I understand the thinking that went behind this signing. What I don't understand is this gamble and this kind of paycheck for what amounts to severely damaged goods. Keeping Tyrod Taylor for less money or resigning Kyle Boller right off the street would have made more sense.

Oh, I understand the thinking that went behind this signing. What I don't understand is this gamble and this kind of paycheck for what amounts to severely damaged goods. Keeping Tyrod Taylor for less money or resigning Kyle Boller right off the street would have made more sense.

That's assuming Tyrod wanted to stay. He has a good situation in Buffalo to be the opening day starter. That's his goal in life and for him to stay here another year or two doesn't make sense for him or the Ravens.

That's assuming Tyrod wanted to stay. He has a good situation in Buffalo to be the opening day starter. That's his goal in life and for him to stay here another year or two doesn't make sense for him or the Ravens.

From a business perspective, the FO and Harbaugh had a solid backup who played cheap, always got positive yardage, never took a solid hit, constantly beat down competition for his backup job, and never complained about not getting an opportunity to showcase his talents by running the first unit. But that's all neither here nor there as we had an opportunity to pick up better talent for the $$$contract Schaub managed to wrangle out of Ravens management. I would feel a little more secure with either Christian Ponder, Colt McCoy, Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer, Tavaris Jackson, Ryan Mallet, Jake Locker or my personal favorite, ex Maryland QB Shaun Hill as a backup and potential starter in case of a Flacco injury.

It's still over if the Ravens had any one of those QB's as back ups. I can't feel comfortable with any one of them.....well Shawn Hill looked good the other night. He's the only one out of that bunch that I'd consider over Schaub.

What are you? A hausfrau, a soccer mom, or a 14 year old girl? Hint: If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If this is all too much for your oh so delicate sensibilities - just go away. Your ground shaking contributions won't be missed at all. Begone.

You're right. I don't consider a hobby worth yelling, shouting or cursing over.

I am clearly the one out of touch.