ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Dean Pees needs to go

tsylvester

Do you just pick a thread and decide to argue against it?

No. I agree with many threads. Happens all the time.

Not being argumentative but this team has bigger concerns than Dean Pees - like keeping players on the field (from getting suspended), guys making plays, Ozzie and Co making solid draft picks, etc.

Just saying :sing:.

Ding ding ding.

• 1 month later...

OK, with Rex now off the market, not that he would truly come here or that they would go after him, I am not sure there is anyone better out there at this time.......... However ------>

The first half of the game, good game plan, even into the 3rd quarter. Yet with the Pats clearly, obviously not even bothering to try & run the ball, with giving up just 14 yards of rushing, there is no reason, none, to stick the game plan in the 4th when clearly is was not working.

Why, as Coach Ditka, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson (the later two I love and respect greatly), did he not adjust the coverage and jam the tight ends, the receivers off the line? Brady was basically just catch & throw from the gun, no chance at all for a pass rush. Yet no help for the front four by jamming the receivers, breaking up the timing of the play.

I understand not wanting to give up the big play, but guess what, THEY DID! Having Webb, who is suppose to be very fast, playing 10 yards off of a RUNNING BACK?! Giving Gronk, free release?

Two 14 point leads, ok, you want to shorten the game by making them dink & dunk in the first half.... Didn't work.... In the 2nd half after going up 14, it still didn't work. After the 7 + minute drive to finnish off the 3rd and get deep in the 4th, going up two scores once again, no press coverage?

If your offense scores 31 on the road, you hold them to 14 yards rushing, you have to adjust especailly after blowing one 14 point lead, even more so after the long, time consumming drive.

They, the Pats, adjusted on defense, jamming Daniels, rotating who they doubled, jamming receivers, crashing line backers on run blitzes since the Ravens were gutting them running the ball.

Why not adjust in the 4th Dean? Give the pass rush a chance? They were clearly in Brady's head in the 1st half, but the 2nd, they didn't get a chance... No excuse.... None, 31 pts, two 14 pt leads, 130+ yards rushing, to lose that game except for the fact that the defensive coordinator blew it by not putting his players in the best situation to suceed....

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with this. I'm not a Pees fan. Even when he is good, there will be couple of defensive calls each game where you think WTF was he doing there. Hell against the Steelers he thought it was a good idea to cover Brown their best receiver with our Daryl Smith on Brown's TD pass. With that said, what he has done with the D with all the injuries has been remarkable. Or should we be giving our props to the secondary coach Steve Spagnuolo.

OK, with Rex now off the market, not that he would truly come here or that they would go after him, I am not sure there is anyone better out there at this time.......... However ------>

The first half of the game, good game plan, even into the 3rd quarter. Yet with the Pats clearly, obviously not even bothering to try & run the ball, with giving up just 14 yards of rushing, there is no reason, none, to stick the game plan in the 4th when clearly is was not working.

Why, as Coach Ditka, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson (the later two I love and respect greatly), did he not adjust the coverage and jam the tight ends, the receivers off the line? Brady was basically just catch & throw from the gun, no chance at all for a pass rush. Yet no help for the front four by jamming the receivers, breaking up the timing of the play.

I understand not wanting to give up the big play, but guess what, THEY DID! Having Webb, who is suppose to be very fast, playing 10 yards off of a RUNNING BACK?! Giving Gronk, free release?

Two 14 point leads, ok, you want to shorten the game by making them dink & dunk in the first half.... Didn't work.... In the 2nd half after going up 14, it still didn't work. After the 7 + minute drive to finnish off the 3rd and get deep in the 4th, going up two scores once again, no press coverage?

If your offense scores 31 on the road, you hold them to 14 yards rushing, you have to adjust especailly after blowing one 14 point lead, even more so after the long, time consumming drive.

They, the Pats, adjusted on defense, jamming Daniels, rotating who they doubled, jamming receivers, crashing line backers on run blitzes since the Ravens were gutting them running the ball.

Why not adjust in the 4th Dean? Give the pass rush a chance? They were clearly in Brady's head in the 1st half, but the 2nd, they didn't get a chance... No excuse.... None, 31 pts, two 14 pt leads, 130+ yards rushing, to lose that game except for the fact that the defensive coordinator blew it by not putting his players in the best situation to suceed....

Good post. I am conflicted on Pees. He does have some creativity but I am so sick of his defenses blowing games. The lack of adjustments yesterday were maddening. I'm not sure how much of an impact he even has on the D - when his playmakers aren't making plays the D is garbage.

I think Spags gets more of the accolades for the mish-mash secondary and getting the most out of it. Also, the pass rush had a big part in making the secondary look decent, we can thank Clarence Brooks for their part. If you go back and look, you will see against teams with good, short passing games, the defense really struggled because there could be no pass rush.

In the Pats game, Upshaw was coving Gronk on a few plays as was Dumervil on some others, or at least tyring to cover him. All they had to do was go to a match up zone, that gives the corners coverageover the top and allows them to press cover breaking up the timing. Neither Smith nor Mosely got proper depth in their drops, another reason the middle was wide open in the 2nd half.

Which, with no running game, no play action, is inexcusable as well.

I think Spags gets more of the accolades for the mish-mash secondary and getting the most out of it. Also, the pass rush had a big part in making the secondary look decent, we can thank Clarence Brooks for their part. If you go back and look, you will see against teams with good, short passing games, the defense really struggled because there could be no pass rush.

In the Pats game, Upshaw was coving Gronk on a few plays as was Dumervil on some others, or at least tyring to cover him. All they had to do was go to a match up zone, that gives the corners coverageover the top and allows them to press cover breaking up the timing. Neither Smith nor Mosely got proper depth in their drops, another reason the middle was wide open in the 2nd half.

Which, with no running game, no play action, is inexcusable as well.

Doesn't that zone assume our safeties can read a play or make a play? Because all I see from our safeties is misreads, late arrivals or downright running the wrong way...

The Colts defense sucks but they played their men tight. Jambed them at the line. A lot of press coverage and Manning couldn't do squat. The fact that he couldn't throw accurately helped.

Let's see how this works against the Pats.

Watching our old team play last night,everyone of their dbs safeties made tackles the proper way, low, atleast I have a rooting interest Sunday, Jones, Redding and Pags.

You don't have to give me any other options above the chance to root against Cry Brady.