ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The Future Is Not Bright

vmax

Not so sure this is a one year thing. I think the NFL has finally achieved its long term goal of all teams being mediocre. That said, the Ravens won’t be in the playoffs next year if only because of the schedule and standing pat on the coaching staff.

The future is very bright. Did you watch the playoff games? Did you see how bad those teams are that were and even the ones still in the hunt?

Are you kidding me? Even the Pats are not a dominant team, not a well rounded team.

Case Kenum? Blake Bortles? Nick Foles?

Sure, the Vikes and Jags have a good defense, but they both collapsed in the 4th quarter. The Eagles have a solid defense, but nothing too great. The Pats defense is average at best.

None of the offenses are "prolific".

This team is not that far off from these playoff teams, seriously.

I know, the coaching stinks, no wide outs, terrible line, but..

It doesn't take much to be the best of the worst that is the play in today's NFL.

Yes, cap strapped, over reaching front office. But hey, one lucky catch, pass, blown call can overcome all of this....

Yeabut....

as for the winners....

they blocked, they tackled,

they threw, they caught, they ran.

They played all out for 60 minutes.

Some of the losers did too.

Here's Pro Football Focus take on the Ravens and next season...

"Quarterback

The great elephant in the room in Baltimore is the play of QB Joe Flacco, which is a problem and has been for some time now. Despite a late-season surge, Flacco’s PFF grade was just 76.7, which ranked 24th in the league and about in line with his previous two years. The Ravens need to start thinking about life after Flacco at quarterback.
Wide Receiver
As bad as Flacco has been, it hasn’t all been his fault, as the Ravens have very little in the way of impact receivers. This is an interesting year for receivers in free agency, and a player like Jacksonville’s Allen Robinson could help make Flacco look good if he can get back healthy. In the draft, Alabama’s Calvin Ridley has the speed to help make big plays happen, catching eight of 15 deep (20-plus air yards) targets this season for 361 yards and three touchdowns."

Tsyl: I had never even heard of the guy. I looked him up and he was apparently hurt nearly all this year. Stats prior to that were decent to good depending on the year.

He's probably all the Ravens can afford in free agency. They like to pick up guys now whose last season was a downer and then hope and pray it was an aberration. And they're usually wrong (Maclin) but not always (Wallace).

The cap kills us from taking any sure bets. :scared: