ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Any The Walking Dead Fans?

Robjr83

I liked Fear The Walking Dead. I know some people thought it was slow but I don't think it was much slower than long portions of the TWD were. Herschel's farm and the prison both had weeks where nothing happened.

And don't forget Carl eating pudding for 35 minutes last year.

• Upvote 1

Fear the Walking Dead: The problem with it is that there are really no redeemable characters. I wanted pretty much all of them just die already.

Walking Dead: Last night's episode had a lot of action. I don't understand the wolves. What's the point? Though, admittedly, I was perplexed by The Governor as well. Can't we all just get along? lol.

The main problem I had with FTWD besides the title was that we knew so much more than them that it was hard for them but to look stupid.

Yes, that is probably contributed, but there were way too many reaction inconsistencies. As I wrote elsewhere:

Druggie son says he killed his friend/dealer. Parents go and check it out. "Oh no, he's fine. See, he's walking around!" Parents then notice all the blood and bullet hole and try to reason with zombie dealer. Zombie dealer starts trying to chew off faces. Druggie son runs over zombie dealer several times, but despite the bullet holes, broken limbs, broken legs, etc, continues to try to reach out to moron parents to chew their flesh.

This is what compells them to start packing up and leaving town. They recognized that zombie dealer wasn't exactly dead.

It might not be easy to kill someone, but a normal person would know that you don't need to kill a person several times over before recognizing that something's just not right.

Let's have the moron parents panic about a bed-stricken boyfriend who was thought to have the superflu, and start to remove idiot daughter from the room. Only then, after panicking about the high temperature from superflu boyfriend do the moron parents see that he's actually bitten. So moron parents freak out some more.

But, let's go help the principle who is in the exact same physical conditions as zombie dealer. And let's go help the neighbor who is eating a dog on the front lawn, because clearly that's just a symptom of the superflu going around. And then, when we turns his attention toward moron parent, let's have the moron parent continue to talk him down and get him some help. Even though he is in the exact same physical conditions as zombie dealer.

And then, let's go help the next door neighbor who is in the exact same physical conditions as zombie dealer.

If moron parents are going to be morons, it sucks that they have epiphanies and then become morons again. So many inconsistencies.

Yeah, I agree. Characters shouldn't backtrack in their knowledge.

I felt it would have been easier if zombie movies existed in that show, so after a while it could be referenced but the all powerful Kirkman says not even zombie movies exist in that universe.

• 2 weeks later...