ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

It Begins

vmax

We're back to the 60's....

CHICAGO/NEW YORK, Nov 9 (Reuters) - Demonstrators marched in cities across the United States on Wednesday to protest against Republican Donald Trump's surprise presidential election win, blasting his campaign rhetoric about immigrants, Muslims and other groups.

In New York, thousands filled streets in midtown Manhattan as they made their way to Trump Tower, Trump's gilded home on Fifth Avenue. Hundreds of others gathered at a Manhattan park and shouted "Not my president."

In Los Angeles, protesters sat on the 110 and 101 highway interchange, blocking traffic on one of the city's main arteries as police in riot gear tried to clear them. Some 13 protesters were arrested, a local CBS affiliate reported.

An earlier rally and march in Los Angeles drew more than 5,000 people, many of them high school and college students, local media reported.

A demonstration of more than 6,000 people blocked traffic in Oakland, California, police said. Protesters threw objects at police in riot gear, burned trash in the middle of an intersection, set off fireworks and smashed store front windows.

Police responded by throwing chemical irritants at the protesters, according to a Reuters witness.

Two officers were injured in Oakland and two police squad cars were damaged, Johnna Watson, spokeswoman for the Oakland Police Department told CNN.

In downtown Chicago, an estimated 1,800 people gathered outside the Trump International Hotel and Tower, chanting phrases like "No Trump! No KKK! No racist USA."

Chicago police closed roads in the area, impeding the demonstrators' path. There were no immediate reports of arrests or violence there.

"I'm just really terrified about what is happening in this country," said 22-year-old Adriana Rizzo in Chicago, who was holding a sign that read: "Enjoy your rights while you can."......http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/thousands-of-anti-trump-protesters-take-to-streets-of-us-cities/ar-AAk74hs?li=BBnb7Kz

Worst case scenario, this administration spends it's time undoing Obama's administration which wasn't an utter failure.

I worry about the environmental progress and social issues that will be set back 60+ years...

There is some hope out there that Trump said what he thought he had to to win but he will be really liberal in practice.

I'm hoping he is a bit of a wildcard and not what he pretended to be the last year and/or he remembers how he felt the Republicans treated him.

Faint hope, but it's all I got.

I'm hoping he is a bit of a wildcard and not what he pretended to be the last year and/or he remembers how he felt the Republicans treated him.

Faint hope, but it's all I got.

You mean for the last nine years. That would be a really long con, don't you think?

I googled "racist Trump graffiti photos".

There were too offensive and alarming to post.

In Wellsville, N.Y., a massive swastika is scrawled on a park wall: "Make America White Again."
In Maple Grove, Minn., messages in a high school bathroom include "#gobacktoafrica," "#whitesonly" and "#whiteamerica" — along with "Trump Train."

At the University of Vermont, students found a Donald Trump campaign sign painted with a swastika three doors down from the campus Hillel.

Experts and educators say an alarming succession of racist behavior, graffiti and crime since Election Day can be linked to Trump's victory. And they say the Republican president-elect could play a crucial role in curbing the disquieting conduct.

Carlos Wiley, director of the Paul Robeson Cultural Center at Penn State University, said he believes the attacks represent a backlash from people who suppressed racial hatred for years during the Obama presidency. Now they feel it is safe to openly display their contempt.

"People looked at the way protesters were manhandled at Trump rallies, and they think 'oh, if someone disagrees with us, we can do those things as well,' " Wiley said...

Enid Logan, who teaches sociology and African-American studies at the University of Minnesota, says Trump's victory legitimized white supremacists' point of view.

"There was nothing subtle with Trump — extreme vetting and ideological testing of Muslims, deporting all undocumented people, Mexicans are rapists and murders," she said. "And he won. White people supported him. So this kind of thinking isn't as marginal as we thought."

In San Marcos, Texas, Texas State University police are trying to determine who is responsible for a series of ominous, threatening fliers posted around campus.

"Now that our man Trump is elected and Republicans own both the Senate and the House — time to organize tar & feather VIGILANTE SQUADS and go arrest and torture those deviant university leaders spouting off all this diversity garbage," one of the fliers read....http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/racist-graffiti-greets-trump-win-across-usa/ar-AAk9qAY?li=BBnb7Kz

We need to evolve....not devolve.

it's scary.

It's seems large segments of the population are holding and hiding all kinds of hatred. Race, creed, religion, sex....

The message I'm getting is "We have the Power now. We can finally say and do what we want. If you're different, you need to go."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trump wants to end life on Earth....

Trump’s EPA pick is an ardent foe of virtually everything Obama’s EPA has done.

Under President Barack Obama, the EPA has been particularly proactive in formulating new rules on coal-fired power plants, cars, trucks, and oil and gas operations — all with an eye toward reducing conventional air pollutants and curbing the greenhouse gases that cause climate change.

Pruitt has been an ardent opponent of these efforts for years.

Ever since becoming Oklahoma’s top prosecutor in 2011, Pruitt has joined or led state lawsuits to block virtually every major federal regulation around climate and air pollution that Obama’s EPA has put forward. He sued to stop a major rule to limit mercury pollution from coal plants. He sued to stop a rule to reduce smog pollution that crossed state lines. (Both efforts to sue were unsuccessful in court.)

At the moment, Pruitt is part of a lawsuit to block the Obama EPA’s efforts to tackle global warming via the Clean Power Plan, which aims to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.

Back in 2011, Pruitt wrote a letter to the EPA arguing that federal regulators were overstating the amount of air pollution from natural gas wells. As the New York Times’s Eric Lipton later discovered, this letter was actually written by lawyers for Devon Energy, one of the state’s largest oil and gas companies. Pruitt appears to have simply passed it along.

And this wasn’t an isolated incident, Lipton explained: “Devon officials also turned to Mr. Pruitt to enlist other Republican attorneys general and Republican governors to oppose a rule proposed by the Bureau of Land Management that would regulate hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, on federal land.”.....http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump%E2%80%99s-epa-pick-is-an-ardent-foe-of-virtually-everything-obama%E2%80%99s-epa-has-done/ar-AAlhi1r?li=BBnbcA1

Both skill sets, military and civilian, are important. The president and his staff coordinate between the two. But filtering all policy decisions through a military lens will compromise the balance in decision making that good statecraft requires.

More fundamentally, our older democracy is in trouble. Over the past 70 years, the military has become the dominant institution in how the United States engages with the world, especially since Sept. 11, the so-called global war on terror and the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. Special Operations forces are now deployed to more than 80 countries, the counterterrorism apparatus has expanded across the country, and the military conducts cyberwarfare abroad.

Like water to a fish, our militarized medium has become invisible to us. To have generals in charge of the foreign and national security policy agencies looks normal. While it is true that the strategic failure behind the two biggest operational failures of the past 15 years, Iraq and Afghanistan, was a civilian responsibility, it seems ironic that the careers of the three officers so far appointed by Mr. Trump — Generals Mattis, Flynn and Kelly — were bound up with those debacles. If General Petraeus were nominated as secretary of state, that would make four.

It is important for the president to surround himself with senior cabinet-level advisers who are not military men. The president will need that balance, as well as the capabilities of all America’s foreign policy institutions. The challenges he will encounter are broader than the military view can encompass. And most solutions are not military.

Putting military officers in charge of the entire architecture of national security reinforces the trend toward militarizing policy and risks cementing in place “the military-industriahttp://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/donald-trump%E2%80%99s-military-government/ar-AAlnzPu?li=BBnb7Kzlcomplex” that President Dwight D. Eisenhower warned of. To borrow the psychologist Abraham H. Maslow’s words, if all the men around President Trump are hammers, the temptation will be “to treat everything as if it were a nail.”...

It's setting up real simple and obvious...actually honest and straight forward.

Trump's cabinet makeup is a mix of corporate businessmen and the military.

These are the people who have been running things for a very long time in the Oligarchy of America.

Trump is just dropping the pretense of civil servants (on the take).

We lived through Obama. They'll live through Trump.

the bigger sacrifice was

YOU surviving Marvin Lewis

HAHAHA at the bungles

if i wasn't a southernbelle

i would add

GO BURFICT YOURSELF

on the brighter side of Trump term is

my stock in correctional companies jumped 60%

sooooo

next time you go

don't expect any socks

the bigger sacrifice was