ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reports: Ricky Williams to try college coaching

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/18/reports-ricky-williams-to-try-college-coaching/

The University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, Texas has begun to make the transition to Division I athletics. Also, their mascot is a cardinal — the bird, not the color.

I now know these things because of the news that former NFL running Ricky Williams will reportedly assist in the coaching of UIW’s running backs this season. CoachingSearch.com reportedly broke the story, while KSAT-TV in San Antonio had the detail about Williams assisting with the running backs, and Yahoo! Sports’ “Shutdown Corner” brought the entire matter to my attention.

For the Cardinals’ running backs — and there are eight, per this roster – this is a wonderful opportunity. Williams isn’t lacking in knowledge on how to play the position, and he’s probably also still capable of actively showing players how to use the proper technique at something close to NFL speed.

It’s a neat story. And for the University of the Incarnate Word, it’s a nice publicity boost.

• Upvote 1