ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Trent Richardson traded

vmax

I think I get it. They need a QB and they'll be playing for the #1 pick in the draft plus this #1 and get Manzell. They are making sure that offense won't score any TD's this year.

The Cleveland Browns have traded running back Trent Richardson to the Indianapolis Colts in a surprise move less than two years after drafting him in the first round.

The Browns (0-2), struggling on offense under new coach Rob Chudzinski, announced the move Wednesday afternoon. They will also bring in veteran running back Willis McGahee for a physical.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-trade-rb-trent-richardson-to-indianapolis-colts-for-2014-first-round-pick-091813

Why do their fans bother to go to those games?

I think I get it. They need a QB and they'll be playing for the #1 pick in the draft plus this #1 and get Manzell. They are making sure that offense won't score any TD's this year.

Why do their fans bother to go to those games?

They are locked in with PSL's. So they go from having a #3 pick (he is a RB you don't need to pick one that high) to a mid round in 1 season. I am not sure who got robbed more on this trade.

Richardson found out that he was traded while listening to the radio....no phone call from the organization.

Now...since the front office has given up on this year, do the players pack it in for the season?

Richardson found out that he was traded while listening to the radio....no phone call from the organization.

Now...since the front office has given up on this year, do the players pack it in for the season?

Yes they do. But they do have to play for themselves. Many will be out on the market soon so they need to have tape for the next stop.

"How do you make your team better by trading your best player?'' Holmgren told Sports Radio 950 KJR in Seattle, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "He's the best offensive player. He's a valuable, valuable guy.''

"I struggled with it,'' Holmgren told the radio station. "Philosophically, if I am the coach and someone came in anywhere and did that, I'd say, 'OK, fire me, or I'm going to quit. Or we're going to both go into the owner and talk about this and then we'll see who's still standing.'"

And if a general manager told him he was making the trade?

"I'd shake hands and walk. I would," Holmgren said. "Because if I disagreed with it vehemently, and I couldn't buy in, I mean, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying that's what I would do, because you have to be true to yourself in this business.''

"You can't tell me some of those players aren't asking some of the questions you and I are asking,'' Holmgren told Sports Radio 950 KJR. "They were friends with (Richardson). It's too wild. This sort of thing doesn't happen, and it happened, so asking questions about it would be natural.

"To me, they're putting all their eggs for next season. They started off 0-2, they couldn't score any points, I think it was a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction. There's a little bit of a 'what's going on?' I don't know this for sure but I can sense it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9696530/mike-holmgren-questions-cleveland-browns-trent-richardson-deal