ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Moved threads

Oldschool739

I've never seen a board that moves threads like this one and never let's anyone know what happened to it...

Is it too hard for the mods to simply say "Moved to another thread".

They get hidden and lost when you move them without any notice at all...

You've got threads still up from 08 when this thing started, do you really think someone is gonna comment on it now ? Seriously !

Come on now, if you want to compete with the high quality boards you have to do these little things, or get left behind...Just sayin'

Go elsewhere then...

Use the VIew New Content tab in the upper right corner of the thread. That helps me out.

This forum has been around MUCH longer than you, so I don't think there's any fear of competing, just keeping the people who came over from the start of it. Dee isn't about competing, she's about loyalty to the base of members who started this community.

Edited by GrubberRaven
  • Downvote 1

If you notice that something has moved, simply go to the place where it most logically belongs. If something was posted in the Ravens forum, for instance, and it has nothing to do with the Ravens, it's going to be moved into the forum in which it pertains to. I assure you that 100% of threads that are moved are done because of that reason.

As far as threads that are still up, I don't know what you mean, unless you're talking about a pinned topic residing at the top of a forum page.

• Upvote 1

If you notice that something has moved, simply go to the place where it most logically belongs. If something was posted in the Ravens forum, for instance, and it has nothing to do with the Ravens, it's going to be moved into the forum in which it pertains to. I assure you that 100% of threads that are moved are done because of that reason.

As far as threads that are still up, I don't know what you mean, unless you're talking about a pinned topic residing at the top of a forum page.

I understand that but there are quite a few new posters on here that I don't think knows that, so when a thread gets moved without telling them and then someone else posts in it, that poster hides the original from the main forum page.

Is it too hard to simply put "Moved to" on the page it was posted ?

And if you go into General category, there are threads from years ago there and the board update...

Just seems worthless in my opinion, those threads are meaningless now, I'd trash em'.

I understand that but there are quite a few new posters on here that I don't think knows that, so when a thread gets moved without telling them and then someone else posts in it, that poster hides the original from the main forum page.Is it too hard to simply put "Moved to" on the page it was posted ?And if you go into General category, there are threads from years ago there and the board update...Just seems worthless in my opinion, those threads are meaningless now, I'd trash em'.

Well in reality, they don't need to know. Things are kept where they belong, which serves as something about as common sense as can be. I think anyone capable enough to use the internet is capable enough to understand that. Right?

And what threads are you referring to that need to be trashed? I assure you that anything pinned needs to be pinned, and anything visible that is older is so because the specific forum has less new content. In general, there's no real reason to be trashing anything.

Well in reality, they don't need to know. Things are kept where they belong, which serves as something about as common sense as can be. I think anyone capable enough to use the internet is capable enough to understand that. Right?

And what threads are you referring to that need to be trashed? I assure you that anything pinned needs to be pinned, and anything visible that is older is so because the specific forum has less new content. In general, there's no real reason to be trashing anything.

Well Dr Phil, putting a simple "moved to" also serves as a little thing called courtesy and competence, but it is obvious that that is beyond your capability....I'm just trying to help a board that is lagging drastically behind more popular ones, and my reason is because there are some posters on here that I know from way back in the espn days that I like to stay in contact with....But if you want to stay in the basement of Ravens forums, then keep that smug attitude and your lack of hearing ,and you will surely achieve just that....

• Downvote 1

Awwwww...did I pluck a nerve? Stop sounding like a little bitch and dissing the message board. If there are better ones out there, then go there. Your post came across like a pissy little brat and worthy of a down post.

Go elsewhere then...

Use the VIew New Content tab in the upper right corner of the thread. That helps me out.

This forum has been around MUCH longer than you, so I don't think there's any fear of competing, just keeping the people who came over from the start of it. Dee isn't about competing, she's about loyalty to the base of members who started this community.

Shut up you old ball of gas, I happened to be around before this board was formed but no one is talking to an old ancient senile toot like you, so go back to drinking your cheap wine and prune juice and stay out of my conversations..

Awwwww...did I pluck a nerve? Stop sounding like a little bitch and dissing the message board. If there are better ones out there, then go there. Your post came across like a pissy little brat and worthy of a down post.

The only thing you pluck old man is the dingleberries out of that cruddy butt of yours...

Now go spend the rest of your welfare check before the wine store closes...Bwahahahahaha

Bums are so funny !!!!

Do you even know what my picture is? It's Walt Whitman...I wouldn't expect you to know that though, since you've used all your brain power on such wit as your comebacks and your ability to repeatedly type 'Gooooooo Ravens!!!'. You're about as funny as cancer...

Do you even know what my picture is? It's Walt Whitman...I wouldn't expect you to know that though, since you've used all your brain power on such wit as your comebacks and your ability to repeatedly type 'Gooooooo Ravens!!!'. You're about as funny as cancer...

Who gives a snot bug about Walt Whitman, I already know you are one of those limp wrist poet people...

Where's your headband, flowered jeans and VW bus at today, Lorenzo ? Bwahahahahaha

Witty...as always...it's like arguing with a middle schooler or Pee Wee Herman...waiting for the obligatory "I know you are, but what am I"

"How gay of you" - 1982 called, they want their comeback back

Really? That's where you're going with that? Let me guess...because of Walt Whitman? Or perhaps my bio says something about the stage...or just a closeted homosexual in denial who lashes out because he can't accept himself. So turn to your precious message boards, here or the better ones, and coat the world with your greatness and shielded homophobic slurs. Thank you gifting us with your wit and childlike slurs...I'm sorry I egged you on, but I'm sure there will be one more funny pic and witty 20 minute thought out, 5 worded sentence you'll grace us with again.

Cheers, bitch...

Really? That's where you're going with that? Let me guess...because of Walt Whitman? Or perhaps my bio says something about the stage...or just a closeted homosexual in denial who lashes out because he can't accept himself. So turn to your precious message boards, here or the better ones, and coat the world with your greatness and shielded homophobic slurs. Thank you gifting us with your wit and childlike slurs...I'm sorry I egged you on, but I'm sure there will be one more funny pic and witty 20 minute thought out, 5 worded sentence you'll grace us with again.

Cheers, bitch...

Never bring a knife to a gunfight, you old fool....You better stay with your own kind and leave us real men alone.....

No one asked you into this conversation but you tried your best to highjack it, you got what you deserved....Now take your sign and get out of here;

2.jpgBwahahahahaha

Open...forum...use your basic skill set to determine that this is open to everyone. I'll say what I want, when I want.

Your use of 'homo' slams is downright pathetic. You still wear your letterman jacket too?

I have a wife and kids to spend time with...what do you have?

1364434078549.jpg

I'm locking this thread.

Posts are moved to the appropriate thread.

Threads are moved to the appropriate forum.

We do not include "topic moved links" because it defeats the purpose of moving a thread and does nothing to deter a person from posting in the correct forum, making more work for moderators.

We also do not delete old posts. If a forum goes unused, then so be it. It doesn't mean that the forum is useless. A smoke detector may never go off, but you should still make sure you have working batteries in the event that it needs to communicate with you at some point.

If there is another forum that moves and deletes threads in a method that you prefer, please utilize that site instead.

Thanks.

• Upvote 2