ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Seen Enough Of Gradkowski.....

rastaman831226

I've watched Gradkowski through preseason and 5 games and I have to conclude that this kid just is just not ready for prime time. Slow line calls, lack of muscle at the point of attack, and an inability to pick up line stunts has spelled disaster for the entire O line. AQ Shipley looked good today subbing for injured Osomele. Unlike Gradkowski, this vet showed some real thump in his game. Going forward, the fortunes of this O line and the offense won't change until Shipley replaces Gradkowski at Center and Monroe replaces McKinney at Left Tackle. What say you?

• Upvote 2

I've watched Gradkowski through preseason and 5 games and I have to conclude that this kid just is just not ready for prime time. Slow line calls, lack of muscle at the point of attack, and an inability to pick up line stunts has spelled disaster for the entire O line. AQ Shipley looked good today subbing for injured Osomele. Unlike Gradkowski, this vet showed some real thump in his game. Going forward, the fortunes of this O line and the offense won't change until Shipley replaces Gradkowski at Center and Monroe replaces McKinney at Left Tackle. What say you?

Wasn't you screaming for Fat Mac all last season ???....Well you are right, that Monroe will replace him and give Joe more protection on the blind side....But Shipley is another bumble bee wonder, and was called for the facemask because he couldn't block his man well enough and Joe was pressured all day on that side....

Ski actually beat out Shipley for the center spot....Granted, he is not real good, who do you propose to replace him with ?

And more importantly, where have you been Mr Jefferson, Archie wants to know...lol

Goooo Ravens !!!!

The player he wants to replace Gradkowski is also white.

You don't know him, this thread isn't about Ski and Shipley, it's about Monroe and Ose....

Shipley is described as subbing for Ose, and Monroe is here to beef up the blind side...

That's the real point...Shipley is a scrub and he knows it, Ski is in his initiation year so we don't know if he will get better or not, but we won't know if we don't give him the opportunity....

You can't have pro bowlers at every position, that's a given....

Ravens Proud !!!!

Reid has been a real weak point ever since we got him. I thought he was doing a bit better at the beginning of the year when he subbed in and out a few times but with Gradkowski unable to block he's another liability.

Judging from the responses, you Ladies must have missed me........ badly. And judging from ther post on this board, I can see why. In case you're wondering, I've been hanging out on one of the big boy sites dispensing big boy knowledge of the game. Just for old times sake, I'll drop these tid bits on you girls. ( A ) Both Jensen and Shipley were dealing with injuries in preseason- Gradkowski is starter by default. ( B ) Shipley proved he's 100% healthy again yesterday. ( C ) Shipley will be the starting C before the end of the season. ( D ) Ryan Jensen, once healthy, is the starting C next season. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Shipley seemed like a good pickup then he had that preseason game where he stunk it up. When I looked into his history, it seemed like he was great filling in for the colts last year, so I was confused, but that's the first I ever heard about an injury he was dealing with...

Judging from the responses, you Ladies must have missed me........ badly. And judging from ther post on this board, I can see why. In case you're wondering, I've been hanging out on one of the big boy sites dispensing big boy knowledge of the game. Just for old times sake, I'll drop these tid bits on you girls. ( A ) Both Jensen and Shipley were dealing with injuries in preseason- Gradkowski is starter by default. ( B ) Shipley proved he's 100% healthy again yesterday. ( C ) Shipley will be the starting C before the end of the season. ( D ) Ryan Jensen, once healthy, is the starting C next season. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Now George, don't get yourself upset now, you know how your blood pressure gets when you start telling these tall tales and no one believes you....lol

And it only took 2 posts....

Ski won the job, case closed !!

Now George, don't get yourself upset now, you know how your blood pressure gets when you start telling these tall tales and no one believes you....lol

And it only took 2 posts....

Ski won the job, case closed !!

Ski has graded out to F's...he's on borrowed time, Capt Witty

Ski has graded out to F's...he's on borrowed time, Capt Witty

Agreed. If Gradkowski isn't on borrowed time - he should be. What was to be the strength of this O line ( the middle ) is now it's greatest weakness. Both Osemele and Yanda should get a bye for their less than stellar play this season. They are far too preoccupied with helping Gradkowski to be as effective as they have been in the past. Today's game against a big Green Bay front will bear out what's been said here. Wake up John Harbaugh, a change in the middle of this O line is desperately needed........ now.

Again what game were you watching? In the run game he was getting pushed back into Rice. In the passing game he was letting guys through on delayed blitzes all day.

Ditto. That's what I saw at the game. They were getting trough on Monroe and Oher too....the line is a sieve.

Bullshit, nothing today was on Ski...The outside blockers are getting OWNED

Start of the second half - Gradkowski is left open one on one with Green Bay's MLB on a Ray Rice cutback. Ray Rice gets caught from behind for no gain because Gradkowski's decided to play pitty pat with the Green Bay MLB instead of driving the block to free Rice into some primo open field. Whatta load this guy is. Wake up Harbaugh - Gradkowski's asleep - the run game is asleep - this offense is asleep.

Ditto. That's what I saw at the game. They were getting trough on Monroe and Oher too....the line is a sieve.

Break down the middle of the line and the whole line goes down the drain. Don't you think it odd that the Ravens attacked the edges and instead of the middle in the red zone and on short yardage? Smells like the OC has little or no faith in the middle's ability to move the defensive line around.