ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Story of the Ravens 2013 Season

vmax

7-9 or 8-8 is a bit overly optimistic for a team playing with no sense of urgency and the lack of leadership and chemistry. Things could change and a bye might help things turn around.

Still, Unless there's a sudden change of fortune, this years squad has the look of a 5-11 or 6-10 record.

Pittsburgh just kicked our ass at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Our secondary played great. Flacco and the recievers look good. We should just run the whole game out of the no huddle shotgun because the run game is worthless. The offensive line is a huge problem.

Anyone else think that Ngata is a liability out there? I'm not positive what his cap number looks like next season but I have to think he's not going to be worth whatever he's going to get...

• Upvote 1

I think Rice is done, but we're gonna need a new OC or it won't matter....

Pees D doesn't work with a weak offense, and Weak should be Caldy's first name....Total Bum and if we don't make the playoffs , it will be because of him...

I bet some of you Cam haters would like to see him back right about now, wouldn't you ?

Say what you want about him but he got us to the playoffs every year, and this putz now looks like a sandlot coach....

Let me be the first to say this, PLEASE.....

Fire Caldwell !!!!!!

• Downvote 1

I have never seen more coaching blunders in one season then the 2013 Ravens coaching staff, OK so you dont take the penalty on the PAT and move the ball to the one and go for two and the win, but to move the ball to the 40 and then not kick it out of the stadium is absurd.

The onsides kick attempt, if it works its a good play, but when it doesnt, its magnified, especially on a under 500 team.

The coaching decisions Ive seen this year are mind boggling

• Upvote 1

Pittsburgh just kicked our ass at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Our secondary played great. Flacco and the recievers look good. We should just run the whole game out of the no huddle shotgun because the run game is worthless. The offensive line is a huge problem.

Anyone else think that Ngata is a liability out there? I'm not positive what his cap number looks like next season but I have to think he's not going to be worth whatever he's going to get...

Ngata is overrated..a few of us debated this earlier this season. He just doesn't have the consistent impact on the game he should for a guy making what he is making.

7-9 or 8-8 is a bit overly optimistic for a team playing with no sense of urgency and the lack of leadership and chemistry. Things could change and a bye might help things turn around.

Still, Unless there's a sudden change of fortune, this years squad has the look of a 5-11 or 6-10 record.

LOL..I go from being the voice of pessimism to being overly optimistic in a few days! I haven't taken a look at the remaining schedule in order to put a prediction, but I guess my point is they will improve down the stretch, but not enough to make the playoffs. They should be set up nicely for next season though.

Caldwell is hardly the problem. Find me an OC that could make this offense work with this offensive line. You won't. And if you did the guy would become someone else's head coach within a year.

KO has already come out and said his back is bothering him and will not be 100% until he gets surgery this offseason. I guess we'll have to work with that. Monroe looked better this week. However Gino is still a MAJOR liability at center. We get no push in the middle and defenses are killing us with blitzes in the A gaps. Worst of all Gino's play effects KO and Yanda's effectiveness big time. I think we all took Birk forgranted.

As for Ngata: I think injuries have just taken their toll on him. I'm not sure if he'll ever be completely healthy again. He'll make a play ever once and awhile that will remind you why he was great. In my opinion Ngata should be a part time player. This offseason I'm sure Ozzie will present him with a paycut or release option.

Cleetz, you hit it in the head. Its all about the LOS and having an effective OL and DL. The former is embarrassing, the latter is decent.

Our OL has potential long term solutions at LT (in Monroe) and RG (with Yanda); the rest especially C need to be replaced internally or with FA's and/or drafts.

Get that fixed, find an effective OL coach, get some experience with our WR corps, we'll be ok.

Although less of a concern, the DL is also puzzling at times. Allowing rookies to run all over them (last 2 weeks) is unacceptable. Ngata looks spent. Brandon Williams is an emerging DL star.

The DL needs to be fortified with more dominant run stoppers and rushers like Williams.

Its going to take this season and possibly the next to right the ship on both sides.

Caldwell is hardly the problem. Find me an OC that could make this offense work with this offensive line. You won't. And if you did the guy would become someone else's head coach within a year.

KO has already come out and said his back is bothering him and will not be 100% until he gets surgery this offseason. I guess we'll have to work with that. Monroe looked better this week. However Gino is still a MAJOR liability at center. We get no push in the middle and defenses are killing us with blitzes in the A gaps. Worst of all Gino's play effects KO and Yanda's effectiveness big time. I think we all took Birk forgranted.

As for Ngata: I think injuries have just taken their toll on him. I'm not sure if he'll ever be completely healthy again. He'll make a play ever once and awhile that will remind you why he was great. In my opinion Ngata should be a part time player. This offseason I'm sure Ozzie will present him with a paycut or release option.

I aint even gonna argue over it, Caldwell is absolutely the problem TC, it's part of his job to oversee the Oline, developing plays include blocking schemes.....If it's a line coach that's not doing his job well enough, he needs to tell Harbs, he has to change him or continue losing...

But Caldy's play calling has been capital M-ediocre ,just not good enough to win consistently.....

Fire Caldwell !!!!

I aint even gonna argue over it, Caldwell is absolutely the problem TC, it's part of his job to oversee the Oline, developing plays include blocking schemes.....If it's a line coach that's not doing his job well enough, he needs to tell Harbs, he has to change him or continue losing...

But Caldy's play calling has been capital M-ediocre ,just not good enough to win consistently.....

Fire Caldwell !!!!

I guess it's Caldwell's fault that Gino blew multiple blitz pick up calls that resulted in Flacco being rushed and or hit?

I guess it's Caldwell's fault that Gino blew multiple blitz pick up calls that resulted in Flacco being rushed and or hit?

Absolutely it's his fault, coach him up !!!....Was it Gino's fault that Caldy couldn't get us in the enzone 3 straight times in the redzone ?

You can say Gino is not doing a good job and that's ok but likewise his coaches are doing a worse one that contributes to his deficiencies....

Cam would have pushed for a better center before the season started, Caldy ain't smart enough to know a good player from a mediocre one...

Fire Caldwell !!!!

• Downvote 1

Absolutely it's his fault, coach him up !!!....Was it Gino's fault that Caldy couldn't get us in the enzone 3 straight times in the redzone ?

You can say Gino is not doing a good job and that's ok but likewise his coaches are doing a worse one that contributes to his deficiencies....

Cam would have pushed for a better center before the season started, Caldy ain't smart enough to know a good player from a mediocre one...

Fire Caldwell !!!!

I don't think you're being rational or intelligently objective here so I'll agree with your original statement, no point in arguing.

I don't think you're being rational or intelligently objective here so I'll agree with your original statement, no point in arguing.

Well Birk stated that Gino has all the goods, and if he is correct, which would be far more likely than any fans assessment, it falls back on the coaches to get him to play up to his potential.....What is not rational or unintelligent about stating a clear probability ?....

Ngata is overrated..a few of us debated this earlier this season. He just doesn't have the consistent impact on the game he should for a guy making what he is making.

Cap figure is a whopping $16 million next year, the highest on the team. He just doesn't have it anymore and certainly not for those prices. He was a great player but injuries the last 3 seasons have taken their toll.

Cap figure is a whopping $16 million next year, the highest on the team. He just doesn't have it anymore and certainly not for those prices. He was a great player but injuries the last 3 seasons have taken their toll.

They could restructure his contract in the offseason, when he gets healthy again he will be worth that to the team....