ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

3 London Games set....

Oldschool739

NFL sets the lineup for its three 2014 London games

The NFL will expand to three London games for 2014, and the six teams wholl play there have been determined.

The league already had announced that the Jaguars, Falcons, and Raiders will host games in London. Theyll face the Cowboys, Lions, and Dolphins, respectively.

I have been contemplating the logistics of it for quite a while.

1 there will be a training facility in London for visiting teams and another one here for the London team.

2 Teams playing there would fly in right after their last game so they would be in London be Monday morning the latest and have a week to prep for the game.

3 I would expect the team that played them to get a bye the next week like they do now with teams that play there.

4 I would expect something like them getting a 4 game stand then a 4 game road trip and so forth for the season.

5 They would only play 1 PM EST games making it 6 pm there.

Roger Goodell Gambino is ruining this league for American fans all in the name of outrageous greed....

As much as I despised Tag, he was a far better Commish than this piece of garbage....

The owners want this. They are going to make a fortune doing it. As soon as a team is in Europe they can negotiate a bunch of new TV deals over there. I would guess $150 mil at the min to start.

They also want to steal talent from over there so they need to get them up to speed with the game. Margus Hunt is only the start of the talent from over seas that they want to get. Soon that talent can be turned into various Yao Mings again driving revenues.

I have been contemplating the logistics of it for quite a while.

1 there will be a training facility in London for visiting teams and another one here for the London team.

2 Teams playing there would fly in right after their last game so they would be in London be Monday morning the latest and have a week to prep for the game.

3 I would expect the team that played them to get a bye the next week like they do now with teams that play there.

4 I would expect something like them getting a 4 game stand then a 4 game road trip and so forth for the season.

5 They would only play 1 PM EST games making it 6 pm there.

The owners want this. They are going to make a fortune doing it. As soon as a team is in Europe they can negotiate a bunch of new TV deals over there. I would guess $150 mil at the min to start.

They also want to steal talent from over there so they need to get them up to speed with the game. Margus Hunt is only the start of the talent from over seas that they want to get. Soon that talent can be turned into various Yao Mings again driving revenues.

No doubt, that's what I said, greed.....So they have a multi billion dollar industry and decide to compromise the game to get more money.....

This is an American game, not a world game....If they want a world league, they should create one, but don't compromise ours for money they don't need and dilute the game for it's real fans here in the US....I hate the whole concept.....

A little strange seeing Atl on there. I didn't think they had issues selling seats. i would have thought Stl. The Jags will host there for I think 3 more seasons. Kahn has a 17000 member fan club in London for them now. They are moviong there.

Kahn owns Manchester United or one of those Soccer clubs over there..No Jax will not be moving there, the owner just has a dual interest, no different than the Silverbullet Bob owning a heating and A/C company and the Colts

Kahn owns Manchester United or one of those Soccer clubs over there..No Jax will not be moving there, the owner just has a dual interest, no different than the Silverbullet Bob owning a heating and A/C company and the Colts

You are as correct on that as you are on Kahn owning the United. Kahn has little ties to the US. The Jags is undervalued in Jax. A team will have to bite the bullet for the owners to make their Euro money and Kahn is the one to do it. He has agreed to play 4 home games there.

Crav, he owns Fulham which is in London. He can easily create a training base for the Jags with the land that Fulham trains on.

You are as correct on that as you are on Kahn owning the United. Kahn has little ties to the US. The Jags is undervalued in Jax. A team will have to bite the bullet for the owners to make their Euro money and Kahn is the one to do it. He has agreed to play 4 home games there.

Hes agreed to play 4 home games OVER THE NEXT 4 YEARS..

For all the reasons we’ve already mentioned in the opening, London seems like the most likely destination for the Jacksonville Jaguars, should they decide to move out of the Sunshine State.The Jaguars will be playing one home game per year in London over the next four seasons, and Roger Goodell has hinted at the idea of them playing a pair of games in London soon. The writing is on the wall, and if the NFL can find a way to make a team in London work, the Jacksonville Jaguars have to be the odds on favorite.

On Sunday, Everbank Field sits dormant while the Jacksonville Jaguars play the role of hosts in London, which beckons the question…

How long until Everbank goes silent for good?

http://fansided.com/2013/10/24/jacksonville-jaguars-five-places-move/

Not if they play Thursday night games before or after a bye.

Then you have to London team traveling to the US 8 times, what about when the have to play the NFC or AFC west teams?? its logistically impossible..

Think about it, fans bitch now when their team has to play on the west coast..

Edited by cravnravn

Its only logistically possible for east coast teams to play in London, any other team west if Indy it will be a nightmare traveling across the pond.

What part of a training facility in London for visiting teams was difficult to grasp. Also what part of a training facility over here for the Jags when they play in the states was hard to understand?

What part of a training facility in London for visiting teams was difficult to grasp. Also what part of a training facility over here for the Jags when they play in the states was hard to understand?

So it makes sense for the Jags to play in London, then hop a plane to their facility, practice a day, then hop on another plane to play their game..

I have some ocean front property for you, real cheap

Logistics: They have a base in London for the home games and a base somewhere on the East Coast (might as well keep it in Jacksonville if its going to be the Jags) from which they travel to their away games just like what is happening now.

They start the season with 4 Away Games and then travel to London for 4 Home Games. They then take their bye week before they play another 4 away games with the 4th game being a Thursday game thus giving them plenty of time to get back to London for their final 4 Home games.