ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How Is Joe Flacco Playing?

cravnravn

Flacco's had a winning season every year he's been here

I understand that, and hopefully he gets it together and he has a winning record this year(playoffs again), but as of today he's not getting it done and the fact that he's making 62.5 over 3 years 3-4 is unacceptable. He's the QB, the leader , the main guy and no one is holding him accountable,his groupies are just making excuses for him.

I stand corrected, as i said earlier, Joe is not the only high priced QB under .500, he is the HIGHEST paid QB under .500, but that doesn't mean anything, now does it groupie?

Again...incorrect. Keep trying though.

Matt Ryan just took a giant leap up the quarterback pay scale, striking a five-year, $103.75 million extension with the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday that makes him the NFL's second-highest paid player, a person with knowledge of the deal told USA TODAY Sports.

No matter that Ryan hasn't even reached a Super Bowl. His new deal — with a $63 million three-year payout that is the most in league history — contains an average salary of $20.75 million that ranks second to the $22 million average garnered by Green Bay Packers star Aaron Rodgers in April. It leapfrogs the $20.1 million average that Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco received with his six-year, $120.6 million deal in March, at the time the biggest deal in NFL history.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2013/07/25/matt-ryan-contract-extension/2587609/

Again...incorrect. Keep trying though.

Matt Ryan just took a giant leap up the quarterback pay scale, striking a five-year, $103.75 million extension with the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday that makes him the NFL's second-highest paid player, a person with knowledge of the deal told USA TODAY Sports.

No matter that Ryan hasn't even reached a Super Bowl. His new deal — with a $63 million three-year payout that is the most in league history — contains an average salary of $20.75 million that ranks second to the $22 million average garnered by Green Bay Packers star Aaron Rodgers in April. It leapfrogs the $20.1 million average that Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco received with his six-year, $120.6 million deal in March, at the time the biggest deal in NFL history.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/falcons/2013/07/25/matt-ryan-contract-extension/2587609/

let me get this straight, i know you are not saying because Matt Ryan makes more money and is a bum now, that Joe Flacco can also be a bum because he doesn't make as much. Well there you have it, it's ok for Joe and the ravens to be 3-4 because matt ryan is 2-5 LOL WOW, the things groupies come up with

let me get this straight, i know you are not saying because Matt Ryan makes more money and is a bum now, that Joe Flacco can also be a bum because he doesn't make as much. Well there you have it, it's ok for Joe and the ravens to be 3-4 because matt ryan is 2-5 LOL WOW, the things groupies come up with

we can use this same logic for Haloti Ngata then , The guy you called out. If it's ok for us to be 3-4 and not put any of the burden on Joe you have to do the same for Haloti but you didn't do that because you're not a ngata groupie , you're a Flacco groupie and a hypocrite.

If you need to exaggerate to make a point, it's probably not a point worth making.

So endeth the lesson.

I don't think that you have to be a groupie to believe that the last thing that is wrong with this team is the play of the QB. There is no QB in this league that could do any better behind this O-Line. The safety valves that could have at least helped the offense keep the chains moving in the short/intermediate passing game are either injured (Pitta), have been traded (Boldin), are playing hurt (Rice) or just aren't that good (Dickson/Clark).

If you need to exaggerate to make a point, it's probably not a point worth making.

So endeth the lesson.

what am i exaggerating , you put up matt ryans contract why? just to show me there was a qb getting paid more than joe that has a below.500 record. thats it, fine then, joe is not the only high price QB that has a losing record , thats still doesn't absolve him from the responsibility of being the qb of a 3-4 team. the only exaggeration going on are the excuses the groupies give for why it's not on Joe we are 3-4, now thats an exaggeration

what am i exaggerating , you put up matt ryans contract why? just to show me there was a qb getting paid more than joe that has a below.500 record. thats it, fine then, joe is not the only high price QB that has a losing record , thats still doesn't absolve him from the responsibility of being the qb of a 3-4 team. the only exaggeration going on are the excuses the groupies give for why it's not on Joe we are 3-4, now thats an exaggeration

You keep posting crap that's not true. I'm simply correcting you.

There is no possible way an impartial person can look at this team's first 7 games and come up with Flacco being the team's biggest concern. I personally give Flacco a B- or C+ for his play thus far. I'm not going to sit here and blast him when the OL gets an F and the interior of the DL gets a D for the year.

I don't think anyone is operating under the guise or illusion that Joe is a savior or has 0 offensive tools with which to work. However, it's crystal clear that he is severely constrained by a makeshift OL, an inexperienced receiving corps (outside of Smith), underachieving backfield and poorly directed/executed offensive system.

For those who are putting the balance of the teams offensive woes on Joe, you've got to be more realistic and reasonable in your expectations. It's a team issue and everyone from the coaching staff, to Joe and the OL share in the poor performance and execution.

I don't think anyone is operating under the guise or illusion that Joe is a savior or has 0 offensive tools with which to work. However, it's crystal clear that he is severely constrained by a makeshift OL, an inexperienced receiving corps (outside of Smith), underachieving backfield and poorly directed/executed offensive system.

For those who are putting the balance of the teams offensive woes on Joe, you've got to be more realistic and reasonable in your expectations. It's a team issue and everyone from the coaching staff, to Joe and the OL share in the poor performance and execution.

I personally hold Joe accountable for dealing with an inexperienced receiving corps and underachieving backfield. If our OL was performing up to even last year's standards and the offense was performing this bad, I would be laying into Joe.

Tom Brady has had to deal with a constantly evolving receiving corp and backfield. The one thing the Patriots make sure of, however, is that he has an outstanding OL in front of him.

The expectations for our OL were very high this year. They have failed miserably.

Reality Check from the School of Hard Knocks: Does Joe Flacco make his sorrounding talent better, as should be expected of Elite QB status, through his athleticism and his football IQ? No. Has Joe Flacco lived up or will ever live up to his Elite status contract? Absolutely not. Is Joe Flacco more part of the problem than the solution to this team's offensive woes? You betchum.

Reality Check from the School of Hard Knocks: Does Joe Flacco make his sorrounding talent better, as should be expected of Elite QB status, through his athleticism and his football IQ? No. Has Joe Flacco lived up or will ever live up to his Elite status contract? Absolutely not. Is Joe Flacco more part of the problem than the solution to this team's offensive woes? You betchum.

Flacco's response might go something like:

huh-im-having-trouble-hearing-you-over-t

Wow it is amazing how much Flacco hatred is out there. Now, I don't put Joe in Manning's or Brady's class. That just isn't Joe. He got paid for 5 consecutive playoff seasons which included a Super Bowl win and an outstanding playoff run. What's wrong with that? Essentially it's a three year contract.

The offensive line problems are both very serious and well documented and the receiving corps is a combination of inexperienced young receivers playing at best at average NFL standards (exception is T. Smith) and no real TE. Plus, the running game, used to set up the play action pass, has been the worst I've ever seen. The defense I'd say is playing at an average level.

So with that, it's no wonder our record is that it is.

Wow it is amazing how much Flacco hatred is out there. Now, I don't put Joe in Manning's or Brady's class. That just isn't Joe. He got paid for 5 consecutive playoff seasons which included a Super Bowl win and an outstanding playoff run. What's wrong with that? Essentially it's a three year contract.

The offensive line problems are both very serious and well documented and the receiving corps is a combination of inexperienced young receivers playing at best at average NFL standards (exception is T. Smith) and no real TE. Plus, the running game, used to set up the play action pass, has been the worst I've ever seen. The defense I'd say is playing at an average level.

So with that, it's no wonder our record is that it is.

Still evading the truth. Does Joe Flacco make his sorrounding talent better through his athleticism and football IQ like the two Elite QB's we've already seen on our schedule? Has Joe Flacco lived up to his Elite status contract? Is Joe Flacco more part of the problem and less the solution to our offensive woes? There's only one answer. The floor is yours.

you're right , i'm wrong, Joe is not the ONLY high priced QB under .500 , he is THE HIGHEST paid QB under .500 , my bad , thanks for correcting me.

Knew it wouldnt take you long..

Bet it was killing you to last 7 weeks

Edited by cravnravn

I also think it's funny that Brady is doing exactly what Joe has done for the past 5 years by winning without putting up gaudy numbers (9td's 6 ints), yet people are climbing over each other to talk about what a great job Brady is doing this year.

^This guy gets it.

Still evading the truth. Does Joe Flacco make his sorrounding talent better through his athleticism and football IQ like the two Elite QB's we've already seen on our schedule? Has Joe Flacco lived up to his Elite status contract? Is Joe Flacco more part of the problem and less the solution to our offensive woes? There's only one answer. The floor is yours.

The only thing you (as a fan) should be concerned about is has Joe Flacco lived up to his cap number each year. The answer has been and still is a resounding YES.

Knew it wouldnt take you long..

Bet it was killing you to last 7 weeks

how are you going to start a topic then when i respond you go and say something like this? If you wanted everyone to come on here and rave about how Joe is playing then you should have qualified that in the Topic heading so that i would know that it's only for Joe Flacco Groupies and not people with unbiased opinions.

1) Actually, Flacco has done quite well with the talent he has---that's the only fair way to rate him.

2) So far he is living up to his contract since his cap number is only $7 million this year. Hell, that's a bargain.

3)He is in no way part of the problem. The O-line has been pretty bad and is dealing with injuries to 2 players. We have a new LT and C. It's a bigger problem than anything else. Also, the receiver quality, as a group (and excluding T. Smith), is mediocre at best. It may improve quickly now that Jones is back.

And no one here is evading the truth. You seem to believe it's stupid on the part of people who disagree with your opinion. Everybody here's got their own opinion. Really the only ones that count are Harbs and Oz and we know where they stand.