• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#41 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Yeah I figured Lee and Clementine would be the main story plot and sub characters would come and go.

#42 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • Interests:My Family, Ravens, Orioles, Exercise/Biking, and the stage...

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:43 PM

Basically, Carl and Rick are on their own and Rick ends up getting really sick.  Carl has to look out for him while he's passed out and that's where the scene was portrayed. 

I'm really curious what they're going to do with Tyreese now.  He was supposed to be beheaded in the prison, but was brought into the series too late.  Herschel never made it out of the prison, so its kinda a win-win as far as comic continuity goes.  I think they run into Morgan again soon, but I had to refresh my memory.

#43 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Baby walker? :)

Fun episode. I will miss Herschel, one of the few completely likable characters on the show.

Ever see Dead Alive?  Baby zombie in that...

#44 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:11 PM

Isn't this season now just a repeat of last season?
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#45 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

How so?  I think they're just tying up loose ends...if it goes the way of the comic book, they'll be back on the farm

#46 dc.

dc.

Don't Really Give A...

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

One group in prison. One group with Governor. There's even a funny Buzzfeed I saw about it today. Governor gets an army, wants a war, tricks some people, kidnaps some prison groupies, threatens the prison, they fight, everyone loses. Governor really loses. Prison gang in dire straits. 

I guess the best I can say is - at least the Governor story line is now over. How grating that was. We get it, he's a psychopath and the two groups don't get along. 

I have no knowledge of the comics. I guess I would have just preferred to stay with the ideas of "struggles recreating society" - in the prison - than the continual run, find a group, fight, run, fight, run. Let's actually develop something here. 

I suppose I am also hopeful that the Carol storyline will re-emerge and can help us return to the discussion of "what's justice" in a world post-apocalypse. But damn, was this last 3 episodes just a pain. (Yes, the fight was "exciting" to watch this week... but not worth much)

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster too. And when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares also into you.

#47 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

I think they ended the Governor like they should have last season.  Probably why the other guy was let go and the new director was hired.

#48 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:13 AM

Like I said pacing seemed off this season.  The final episode was great.....I loved Rick's speech. 

#49 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

Alright I finished episode 5 of the game. Overall it was a great game...my only gripe was the ending is the ending. All the choices in the end came to the same conclusion.

#50 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

I agree but still liked it. Kind of an interactive story as much as game.
Hi.

#51 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah the storyline was great.  I really felt for Lee/Clem.  

#52 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

1476592_10152431986057786_2087295767_n.j

#53 thesteelhurtin

thesteelhurtin

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

I read the comics. Things are so different that I dont think they help me guess whats going to happen too often.

The two of them were quarentined and did not pose much of a rick to the others. I like Carol, and understand her motivation, but I think what she did was wrong.

I agree but I did call a certain set of characters showing up soon. Yes I'm liking this season so far.

#54 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Carl bores me soooo much. Was he such a little $hit on the comics?

#55 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Yes.  I've dug him in this episode though...this chain of events is where he turns around.

#56 deeshopper

deeshopper

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,710 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

I binged watched the show about a week ago, and watched the new episode last night. I flipflop between wanting Carl dead and wanting Rick dead.

#57 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

I'm sure both characters are safe for awhile.  That's part of the reason I didn't like the episode.  No real suspense IMO.  You knew Carl wasn't going to get eaten, and you knew Rick was going to recover. 

#58 Spen

Spen

Pro Bowler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Carl is annoying in the comics as well. So is Rick. In fact, they are both far more annoying in the comics than the series so I think thats why they dont bother me in the series so much.

Last nights was decent, I may have liked it more if I had not watched it right after True Detective which was great last night.

Hi.

#59 GrubberRaven

GrubberRaven

Veteran

• PipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

I honestly have no idea where they will go, as the Governor last season was a paper thin version of what he was in the comic.  Michonne basically stuck a spoon in his ass, then scooped out his eyeball with it, after removing it.  Also nailed his dick to a board.  All because he continually raped/beat her while he held her prisoner.  The way they ended the Governor story, was more in line with the comic.

With that said, Negan is the next big bad and he makes the Governor look like Jesus.

#60 Robjr83

Robjr83

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I honestly have no idea where they will go, as the Governor last season was a paper thin version of what he was in the comic.  Michonne basically stuck a spoon in his ass, then scooped out his eyeball with it, after removing it.  Also nailed his dick to a board.  All because he continually raped/beat her while he held her prisoner.  The way they ended the Governor story, was more in line with the comic.

With that said, Negan is the next big bad and he makes the Governor look like Jesus.

Do you think censors play a part in that?  The only sorta rape scene was the Gubna and Maggie.  Plenty of sex scenes with Glenn/Maggie, Shane/Lori, or Gubna/Andrea/the other girl.  No rape though which you think in a post Apocalypse world would be pretty widespread. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users