ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray on ESPN

BeenAround

sorry its been so long since my last post. i just got hit with so much stuff with work, the holidays, all that, its been crazy, but i am back, thank goodness. i saw the vid and downloaded it to my cell phone. ray just never seizes to amaze me, he is a great player, but VERY SPECIAL MAN! its one thing to get people to volunteer to hang with with kids, give em a speech, sign a few autographs, which thats great, but its a whole other ball game when you go once a week, or as often as he does, in the heart of the ghetto in baltimore, and get active, and teach people like ray is doing here, this among so many other things! WOW!!

Beautiful...inspiring.

Thank you Been for putting this up.

For anybody who has'nt done volunteer charity work: Don't cheat yourself. It's an incredible experience and the saying is true..."The more you give, the more you get".

This is a great piece on Ray and really gives some great insight onto who he has become. So often I hear fans of other teams who think of Ray as the "murderer" and it really saddens me that those people haven't taken the time to learn about who Ray has become, in part, because of that incident. Then they always say something along the lines of "almost all athletes do charity work"...

What Ray's doing here is not just charity work. He's doing the charity work that most athletes shy away from...helping the police, helping the homeless. Ray is filling a need that is a gaping hole and he's doing in a way that only Ray can...getting in their faces and motivating them, making them feel important/special/cared for...giving their lives meaning again...giving them the hope that they haven't had since they were children.

Thank you Ray!

amen freakylick! thank you! and i get alot of flack from my fellow titans fans because not only do i love the ravens to, but ray! they tell me that i am not a true titans fan, listen, ray has taught me how to be objective, to take off the two toned blue shades and enjoy and embrace the game of football, because i loved the titans so much that i just only loved them, hated everyone else , and forgot how to love football . and i think the charity work that other athletes do is great, and would never demean what they are doing, but ray is going even farther and beyond what anyone else in the NFL and in sports for that matter is doing. how many athletes do you see coaching cops, getting in their faces and telling them how to get better!! not very many ! how many go out alone on the streets in the ghetto to talk to the homeless people and show them a better way? not very many! its one thing to donate money, raise awarness , all that, which are great and noble, but its a whole other thing to walk were these people walk.