ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Now That The Dust Has Settled .......

rastaman831226

Yep. This organization needs an excellent draft. In fact, excellent drafts in successive years. By the way what does BPA really mean and has the organization

actually drafted the BPA over need in the past few years. I am really wondering about the difference and if, in fact, it all boils down to BPJ (best professional judgement).

We have a lot of needs and my hope is that (through BPJ) we fill as many holes as possible with the BPA.

Oz has drafted the BPA the last two years... Elam was at the top of his list last year and was a no-brainer for OZ.... Upshaw was 1st round talent that fell to us in the 2nd round. Upshaw wasn't a definite need the way Elam was but since he has 1st round value Oz took him. Neither one has proved their worth yet but they're still early in their careers. We're spoiled on HOF players like ED and Ray contributing right off the bat. Jimmy Smith proved that they need time to learn.

Maybe Rasta knows something we don't. Was the draft cancelled this year? Are the Ravens banned from free agency?

Don't be too hard on him. This thread is a therapy project to get him to say something different about somebody other than Theonehistherapistdoesnotwanthimtoname.

Good work rasta! Great first step!

ea9f20c4d5a1ff55724c729d1a987b01.jpg

I wouldn't think an offensive system would be set in stone a week after an new OC is hired in the first week of February. I wouldn't think anyone intelligent would think that either. Oh wait.

I don't understand you. Here we have a new OC who has cemented his career and reputation as a teacher of the West Coast Offense. That part is inarguable. What is also inarguable is that in 6 years, of watching Joe Flacco, anyone but the slowest of Tards realizes that Flacco is not nor will ever be a West Coast QB. Your post begs the question - do you even know what a West Coast Offense is?

Maybe Rasta knows something we don't. Was the draft cancelled this year? Are the Ravens banned from free agency?

It's pretty clear I know something you don't and that's football. There's just no way a West Coast Offense coach fits in with a QB who cannot run that system. That is if you know something we don't know. The floor is yours Money. Let's see you expound.

But somehow the Ravens have been successful running the team the way they do. Somehow, the front office makes a decision that puts us, every year, the past SIX years, in some form of success. You just want to be a whiney little Chicken Little until the facts shut you up....

• Upvote 1

It's pretty clear I know something you don't and that's football. There's just no way a West Coast Offense coach fits in with a QB who cannot run that system. That is if you know something we don't know. The floor is yours Money. Let's see you expound.

Why is it just the qb, maybe we don't have the te,wrs to run the west coast. We know dam right well we don't have the line for it. Kubs did t have success running it in Houston, maybe it's time he goes another route. Not so sure the west coast o will succeed in the afcn.

The whole idea that certain Flacco can't play in Kubiak's offense is ridiculous. How many "analysts" this last offseason said Nick Foles couldn't play in Chip Kelley's offense? Yeah how'd that work out? Good and creative coaches will best use their players talents. Flacco is a very talented player and I have no doubt Kubiak will adapt his offense around Flacco's talents.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand you. Here we have a new OC who has cemented his career and reputation as a teacher of the West Coast Offense. That part is inarguable. What is also inarguable is that in 6 years, of watching Joe Flacco, anyone but the slowest of Tards realizes that Flacco is not nor will ever be a West Coast QB. Your post begs the question - do you even know what a West Coast Offense is?

I don't think that is true. I don't see why Joe couldn't run a WC offense. He would be horrid in a read option. That is the only offense I don't think he could run.

Why is it just the qb, maybe we don't have the te,wrs to run the west coast. We know dam right well we don't have the line for it. Kubs did t have success running it in Houston, maybe it's time he goes another route. Not so sure the west coast o will succeed in the afcn.

The yr Zorn was here they should have run a WC. Mason, Housh, and Q are not Air Coriell types. HAd they done what Zorn wanted then I think that yr would have been much more successful.

The whole idea that certain Flacco can't play in Kubiak's offense is ridiculous. How many "analysts" this last offseason said Nick Foles couldn't play in Chip Kelley's offense? Yeah how'd that work out? Good and creative coaches will best use their players talents. Flacco is a very talented player and I have no doubt Kubiak will adapt his offense around Flacco's talents.

Agreed. Until Joe proves to be inept in this offense he can run it to me. It is more other outside things that could hurt him.

You have to know that the throwing around of the word 'tard" is highly offensive to victims of Downs Syndrome and mental retardation and their family members, don't you? To them, it's along the same line as using the "N" word. It's offensive. Show some class.

• Upvote 1

Kubs doesn't run a true west coast offense, next.................

No one runs a true WCO these days. However, Joe Flacco will be required to master the 2 to 3 step drop. He will be required to quickly recognize the hot read ( it's gonna have to be more than Ray Rice ) and he's going to have yo somehow acquire a quick release. In short, all the tools we now know after 6 years he does not possess.

No one runs a true WCO these days. However, Joe Flacco will be required to master the 2 to 3 step drop. He will be required to quickly recognize the hot read ( it's gonna have to be more than Ray Rice ) and he's going to have yo somehow acquire a quick release. In short, all the tools we now know after 6 years he does not possess.

I guess you didn't watch much of the 2012 season, huh? They used a lot of 3 step, and less drops with Joe utilizing the hot read, mostly to Evans, whe he was healthy. The difference between that season & this past one is that the Ravens had rookie or young receivers this past one, who could not make the proper reads in practice, so they would not risk it in games. Hot reads are not just up to the quarterback, but also and especially the receivers.

This past season and even the Super Bowl season they used more of the quick outs, 3 step drops, and wr screens, catch & throw, or step & throw... Make sure to pay attention more to games...You are showing your lack of understanding of the game and even the team with each post.

Who needs the 2 and 3 step drop?

The last 5 winning QB's of the Super Bowl were not dink and dunkers.