ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Now That The Dust Has Settled .......

rastaman831226

I guess you didn't watch much of the 2012 season, huh? They used a lot of 3 step, and less drops with Joe utilizing the hot read, mostly to Evans, whe he was healthy. The difference between that season & this past one is that the Ravens had rookie or young receivers this past one, who could not make the proper reads in practice, so they would not risk it in games. Hot reads are not just up to the quarterback, but also and especially the receivers.

This past season and even the Super Bowl season they used more of the quick outs, 3 step drops, and wr screens, catch & throw, or step & throw... Make sure to pay attention more to games...You are showing your lack of understanding of the game and even the team with each post.

Perhaps your interests would be better served by actually watching Ravens games. 2012 was another Ray Rice dump off season. When you're dumping the ball off to backs without involving WR's that's a failed WCO scheme.

Perhaps your interests would be better served by actually watching Ravens games. 2012 was another Ray Rice dump off season. When you're dumping the ball off to backs without involving WR's that's a failed WCO scheme.

I guess you missed the quick slants, the crossing routes, the hot reads by Evans and Housh and company.... but then, you apparently miss alot when all you focus on is Joe's footwork..... You are barking up the wrong tree here....

Oh and since you might not be old enough to remember the 49ers under Montanna and Young, they threw a lot of short passes ans screens to the backs, it was a staple of, wait for it, Bill Walsh's system, you know, the West Coast offense....

I guess you didn't watch much of the 2012 season, huh? They used a lot of 3 step, and less drops with Joe utilizing the hot read, mostly to Evans, whe he was healthy. The difference between that season & this past one is that the Ravens had rookie or young receivers this past one, who could not make the proper reads in practice, so they would not risk it in games. Hot reads are not just up to the quarterback, but also and especially the receivers.

This past season and even the Super Bowl season they used more of the quick outs, 3 step drops, and wr screens, catch & throw, or step & throw... Make sure to pay attention more to games...You are showing your lack of understanding of the game and even the team with each post.

T you just have to accept that Rasta is a flacco hater.

• Upvote 2

In 2012 Rice finished second on the team with 61 receptions.

Yes, my bad, I was speaking of the 2011 season with Housh and Evans, but had specifically, the 2012 playoff games for some reason... There, were the Ravens used a lot of "west coast" routes to make a run, only to have Evans drop the game winner in the AFC championship game.

Today, there are many terms over used by pundits and fans, from elite to west coast. The very thing rasta is debating, the team maybe not having the players to run a west coast offense, mor eimportantly Joe not being able to run one, is the issue. He simply points out Joe, but the important part is having receivers, ends, who can read the defense properly. If they don't, it matters not who is the quarterback; westcoast is a timing offense.

There are ways to beat the westcoast and the main thing is press coverage, breaking up the timing of the receivers. Something this team struggles with. So it would not be Joe, but the receivers.

Yes, my bad, I was speaking of the 2011 season with Housh and Evans, but had specifically, the 2012 playoff games for some reason... There, were the Ravens used a lot of "west coast" routes to make a run, only to have Evans drop the game winner in the AFC championship game.

Today, there are many terms over used by pundits and fans, from elite to west coast. The very thing rasta is debating, the team maybe not having the players to run a west coast offense, mor eimportantly Joe not being able to run one, is the issue. He simply points out Joe, but the important part is having receivers, ends, who can read the defense properly. If they don't, it matters not who is the quarterback; westcoast is a timing offense.

There are ways to beat the westcoast and the main thing is press coverage, breaking up the timing of the receivers. Something this team struggles with. So it would not be Joe, but the receivers.

oh so you are talking about the year rice lead the team with 76 receptions.

oh so you are talking about the year rice lead the team with 76 receptions.

Yes, when the Ravens had experienced receivers who could read defenses. Even though Rice lead the team, does not take away from my assertion; if the recievers can't make the proper read, the offense goes no where. A lot of those receptions for Rice were designed plays, but the average Flacco basher would not know that nor comprehend this fact.

As for the same arguement comment, no, there is quite the difference between what I am stating and what rasta is; sorry if it goes over the heads of some folks....

Aaaah vindication. I still hold that if Kubiack introduces his version of the WCO, Joe Flacco will once again be reduced to dump off Flacco.

Not qute Sherlock,,, Look up Foster's numbers, his receptions under Kubs, as I said earlier, some plays are designed to go to the running back, even in the west coast offense, 40, 53, 66 receptions from 2010-2012, even last season, injury marred and 3 qbs, he had 22 in 8 games..... Thanks for playing, it has been fun....

Aaaah vindication. I still hold that if Kubiack introduces his version of the WCO, Joe Flacco will once again be reduced to dump off Flacco.

So? What's wrong with utilizing weapons?

Darren Spoles and Pierre Thomas combined for 148 receptions from dump off Brees. The Broncos RB rotation combined for 92 receptions from dump off Manning. Shane Vereen caught 47 passes from dump off Brady in only 8 games.

If you're paying your QB 62.5 million over 3 years and the success of your offense is based upon young wr's reading defenses , then yes Rasta's concern is legitimate. Your only concern is to make sure your man crush is not the one blamed if we're not successful next year, but because your man crush plays QB and makes the big bucks there's nothing you can say thats going to take any pressure off of Joe.

I never said you had the same argument , stupid , i said you two were doing the same thing, blaming someone before a snap has been played. Rasta is blaming Joe and you're blaming the WR's.

No, let me see if I can explain this for you. He is blamming Joe, he does not think Joe can run a west coast offense, doesn't think Joe is a good quarterback, used a lack of hot reads and over use, in his opinion, of dump off passes as his proof.

I am saying the reason for no hot reads this past season and even the season before, to some extent, is because the receivers then, could not make the proper reads in practice, thus, those play calls, by Caldwell, were never used.

I never said the receivers could not or would not work in a west coast system. I will ignore you other post since it clearly comes from the crayon forum.

• Upvote 1

do you have proof that our WR's could not make proper reads in practice and that is the reason the past 2 years we've had no hot reads.

Yes, every team, every team, has what is called hot reads, a favorite of Caldwell as well. He has designed plays to draw a blitz from an area and throw to said area. Since he does enjoy using those plays & the Ravens did not run then this past season nor much the season before, this means that the receivers, who continued to run improper routes, let alone hot reads, were not doing well in practice with them either. See, if you can't do it in practice, you can't call the play.

Again, it is pretty clear if you know what you are watching....

Yes, every team, every team, has what is called hot reads, a favorite of Caldwell as well. He has designed plays to draw a blitz from an area and throw to said area. Since he does enjoy using those plays & the Ravens did not run then this past season nor much the season before, this means that the receivers, who continued to run improper routes, let alone hot reads, were not doing well in practice with them either. See, if you can't do it in practice, you can't call the play.

Again, it is pretty clear if you know what you are watching....

Holy crap!!!!! You just pulled that steamin' one outta your butt........................... you're totally illegitimate.

• Upvote 1

How do you know it's a favorite of Caldwell, when Caldwelll never called plays until late 2012, i hope you are not using what Peyton did in INDY as your favorite of Caldwell reference. So the answer to my question is NO, you don't have any proof. You're just making up stuff. Well i say that we didn't run hot reads the last two years , because IN PRACTICE Joe couldn't read the defenses. If you know anything about football and if you know what you're watching it's pretty clear.

I don't want to see Joe in a true west coast offense.

You can't get "back to' and win a Super Bowl that way.

Ask Brady and Manning.

Make the other team have to defend the whole field.

You can do that with Joe, a solid running game and a solid O line.

It is a team sport...you need all the parts to work in tandem for success.

Just to throw this out here is it maybe Flacco who can't make the hot reads and not the wr? I do agree Caldwell came from a no huddle system so you would think he would prefer hot routes. I think every OC wants hot routes.

except he did throw them prior, as I said, when he had a few experienced receivers.

Crazy idea but why don't we wait and see what the game plan is and wait and see if Joe can handle it before we say he can't. Stupid to predict failure when we dying know exactly what the offense will be or the personnel we will have.

• Upvote 1

Crazy idea but why don't we wait and see what the game plan is and wait and see if Joe can handle it before we say he can't. Stupid to predict failure when we dying know exactly what the offense will be or the personnel we will have.

Hell! That makes too much sense!

• Upvote 1

I don't want to see Joe in a true west coast offense.

You can't get "back to' and win a Super Bowl that way.

Ask Brady and Manning.

Make the other team have to defend the whole field.

You can do that with Joe, a solid running game and a solid O line.

It is a team sport...you need all the parts to work in tandem for success.

I see the lightbulb finally turned on. The big question here is how can you mesh an OC whose bread and butter has been WCO with a QB whohas been running a version of Air Coryell for the last 6 years?