ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice Arrested

deeshopper

OK...we have a charge against him "striking her with his hand rendering her unconscious".

We have a video of her tumbling out of and elevator face first...body totally limp. Ray tries to get her out of the elevator doorway....hence the dragging.

This can be read many ways. I'm going with 2 at the moment.

1...It doesn't say "struck with fist" or beaten unconscious. Both parties may have been drunk...but she had to be drunk to be knocked unconscious by a hand slap. A hand slap is all it takes in some cases. So she's basically passed out and Ray's hauling her around the hotel trying to get to their room or wherever. It is very hard to move a limp body...a passed out drunk person. Probably a few of us here have had the experience of trying to move a passed out drunk friend to a car or from a car into their house or just dragging them and leaving them on their mothers front porch, ringing the doorbell and running...right crav? :)

Who started it I don't know, but a man is always wrong to strike a woman unless he's under a serious attack IMO. Especially somebody young, healthy and very strong like Ray Rice. The nastiest lineman and linebackers in the NFL have been hitting him for years...he can take a blow. He can deliver a blow and when you know you can do that, then you let the woman live in her fantasy that she can beat you.

I'd say Ray was drunk because sober, he knows better than to raise his hands against anyone unless under assault.

2. ...She wasn't drunk and he struck a hard knockout blow...and she's concussed. This is really bad. I'd cut him.

But they both refused hospital treatment, There were no visible signs of physical trauma according to other reports.... so that leads me to learn more toward #1

OK...we have a charge against him "striking her with his hand rendering her unconscious".

We have a video of her tumbling out of and elevator face first...body totally limp. Ray tries to get her out of the elevator doorway....hence the dragging.

This can be read many ways. I'm going with 2 at the moment.

1...It doesn't say "struck with fist" or beaten unconscious. Both parties may have been drunk...but she had to be drunk to be knocked unconscious by a hand slap. A hand slap is all it takes in some cases. So she's basically passed out and Ray's hauling her around the hotel trying to get to their room or wherever. It is very hard to move a limp body...a passed out drunk person. Probably a few of us here have had the experience of trying to move a passed out drunk friend to a car or from a car into their house or just dragging them and leaving them on their mothers front porch, ringing the doorbell and running...right crav? :)

Who started it I don't know, but a man is always wrong to strike a woman unless he's under a serious attack IMO. Especially somebody young, healthy and very strong like Ray Rice. The nastiest lineman and linebackers in the NFL have been hitting him for years...he can take a blow. He can deliver a blow and when you know you can do that, then you let the woman live in her fantasy that she can beat you.

I'd say Ray was drunk because sober, he knows better than to raise his hands against anyone unless under assault.

2. ...She wasn't drunk and he struck a hard knockout blow...and she's concussed. This is really bad. I'd cut him.

But they both refused hospital treatment, There were no visible signs of physical trauma according to other reports.... so that leads me to learn more toward #1

max it does say he struck her with his hand rendering her unconscious edit oops didn't read your whole post

I thought this was a little slap here and there from both sides. But after seeing the video of his unconscience girlfriend, I digress. He's in deep doo doo. I now believe the Ravens are going to find a R.B. in this draft.

i only say cut Rice because he's not the player he use to be and if this is a possible loophole that can get us out of this bad contract i say use it. What he did is not actually a reason to cut him, but because i believe he has a bad contract and his play was horrible last year we should just use that as a reason to get out of it.

I know we don't have the whole story here. I keep wondering if she was intoxicated. But regardless, the pressure is in Ray this offseason and upcoming season. And I hate TMZ. They are sensationalizing this with the partial video. Not absolving Ray of anything, just reserving my reaction until the facts are all out there.

He is but there's more to this story. I'm sure of it. TMZ is showing the worst piece of it

There might be, but it's never going to turn into a good story. It's a pretty damning video. Even if it never amounts to nothing that's what a lot of people will think of when they think of him and it makes the team look bad. Again.

The time to draft a new, young hard nose runner is here. We haven't had a smash mouth runner since Jamal and the countless failures over the past few years of converting 3rd or 4th and 1 needs to end.

The team needs a strong, tough runner - a hammer - and should draft someone like an Andre Williams from BC or Tre Mason from Auburn.